THE England thread

rijit

51 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I reckon tonight could be tricky against Kosovo. They haven't been beaten in about 14 games since Challandes took over. Don't know if anyone saw his press conference but he's barking mad

Hear they have a decent young goalkeeper ????

Wonder if Trippier will be playing tonight. Daily Mail had an article after the last game "Kieran Trippier fails audition for England's right-back berth after cautious display in 4-0 win over Bulgaria".

in the first half thought that kosova manager got their system totaly wrong,  a high line against us was he nuts !!!  and it got royally found out.   as the score at half time reflected   second half .. he changed it around diferent story..  thwy were never gonna recover from the first half.. but fair play the put in a decent shift and never let their 'shoulders drop',  england defending led by rice and c/bs .. woeful.. however overall cant ever really say i felt england were ever gonna lose. a  good runnout  for southgate to see a few fringe players.. tbh would have liked to see a few more given time .. our back up keeper for one could do with blooding...  a few more 'fringers' might have made it a bit  more interesting..  however easy from here to throw caution to the wind.. 12 pts out of possible 12  cant be grumbling 2 much

edit the more i see of sanchez the more i 'm impressed.. looks like its either him or rashford.. with sterling either side of kane,  rashfords got it atm.... but only just

Edited by 3 minus 2

Excellent first half. 

Best game Sterling has had in an England shirt .....unstoppable. 

Too loose second half. 

Rice gave away the ball too much in key areas and Keane and Maguire don’t look a  good pairing. 

Credit to Kosovo. Great to watch and never gave up. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...