BANGKOK
rijit

THE England thread

^Not at all...Ben Foster...Paul Heaton...Robert Green...Jordan Pickford plenty of decent keepers to choose from if needed in that order.

you're taking the former singer of the housemartins and the beautiful south to euro 2016?

or did you mean tom heaton?

• Like 1

Just watched the highlights. Keeper could have done better with the first German goal. Bad marking with the second. Nice first England goal. Cheeky great second goal then a powerful header. 

I thought Dier stood off Toni Kroos too much for the first goal.  

Great positives from the game but the central defense looked suspect and i don't think Cahill is really up to the job.  John Stones and Mike Smalling for me.

I was thinking exactly the same thing carms, strange that none of the pundits picked up on it biggrin.png

Just watched the highlights. Keeper could have done better with the first German goal. Bad marking with the second. Nice first England goal. Cheeky great second goal then a powerful header.

I thought Dier stood off Toni Kroos too much for the first goal.

Great positives from the game but the central defense looked suspect and i don't think Cahill is really up to the job. John Stones and Mike Smalling for me.

I was thinking exactly the same thing carms, strange that none of the pundits picked up on it biggrin.png

Its fair to say by the second half they realised too much respect was being shown.

Beaten England Quarter Finalist Rooney said, "Yes of course it was the right decision to play me in every game of the Euros....I haven't scored in ten months that's true but look at my record...."

His pupped master nodded sagely....and nodded and nodded.

Just out of interest do Scotland have an International football team these days or is it still just tennis and cycling? whistling.gif

Don't forget Curling and Tossing the Caber now!

Hope Hodgson doesn't revert back to the dreary old ways and call up all those amazing players who flopped at the World Cup. So they can flop again.

Go with the new talent, their hunger, energy and will to win.

Not the old very well paid never achievers - please, pretty please.

Hope Hodgson doesn't revert back to the dreary old ways and call up all those amazing players who flopped at the World Cup. So they can flop again.

Go with the new talent, their hunger, energy and will to win.

Not the old very well paid never achievers - please, pretty please.

Totally agree. Id sooner go out playing that style of football than like we did in the WC

I sort of agree with the ''blood the kids'' train of thought but I think it would be a huge risk to leave out the experience of Rooney and Carrick (or even Milner) with Vardy or Drinkwater or Dier on the bench to come on as 'impact subs' as it were.

^Not at all...Ben Foster...Paul Heaton...Robert Green...Jordan Pickford plenty of decent keepers to choose from if needed in that order.

you're taking the former singer of the housemartins and the beautiful south to euro 2016?

or did you mean tom heaton?

That exact man! biggrin.png

I sort of agree with the ''blood the kids'' train of thought but I think it would be a huge risk to leave out the experience of Rooney and Carrick (or even Milner) with Vardy or Drinkwater or Dier on the bench to come on as 'impact subs' as it were.

They've had their chance and failed dismally.

Time to move on.

Look at what France did in 1994 and what it led to in 98/00.

They've had their chance and failed dismally.

Time to move on.

Look at what France did in 1994 and what it led to in 98/00.

Can't disagree with any of that.

Their ain't a chance in hell Hodgson or any manager come to that would leave out Rooney and neither should they, over the last ?? years at international. Level he's been our most reliable scorer and arguably been our stand out player. Atm He's the leader of the pack and quite rightly is the capt.

Whether he leads us into the world cup? Is another question. Personally i think he will, he'll be 32 and after that it'll probably be time to pull out of internationals and by then they'll be replacements but now Nah imo it'll be foolish ti discard him.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

think it would be absolutely barmy to consider rooney as a starting XI player for this tournament. he's just too slow. and then even off the bench it's hard to see what he really brings to the party to affect a match whether you're winning or losing.

think it would be absolutely barmy to consider rooney as a starting XI player for this tournament. he's just too slow. and then even off the bench it's hard to see what he really brings to the party to affect a match whether you're winning or losing.

And his performances at major tournaments should really speak for themselves.

(And if they did, they would say the word "shit").

And his performances at major tournaments should really speak for themselves.

(And if they did, they would say the word "shit").

I refer you to my comments made earlier on the thread.

You're all way behind me as usual. tongue.png

Simple really,, even for you lot :D What he.brings is goals 19 goals in his last 31 England game's. And your suggesting dropping someone with those stat's,, really.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by rijit