THE England thread

rijit

Stevie have a pint of bitter with your sour grapes eh?

not boring, just correct. after the last euros and literally england's worst ever world cup performance in 2014 you'd think that any manager with a bit of decency and dignity would just resign. not hodgson though, 'cos when things go badly it's always someone else's fault. and typically he throws a player or two under the bus. so in this instance, when the players are playing the way they are thanks to their club managers and good coaching on a day to day basis, it's suddenly hodgson's doing? get to .

he's a magician is hodgson. manages to hoodwink so many people into believing he's a half-decent manager when if you look at his actual record he's a total fraud. so don't feel bad mr ed, you're just another one in the long line who can't see the wood for the trees with him.

Yeah give it a rest your just sounding bitter. Any internatuonal manager is reliant on the what the clubs produce that's just the way it Is, ramsey probably being the last one going slightly against the.grain with the.west ham trio as prime examples but not forgetting the previous Season they'd won a European trophy. and NOT forgetting injury forced his hand even hurst said he didn't. Expect to play.

Going back to Rooney atm he`s earned and deserves his place and captaincy. 19 in 31 games. Ain't a.few goals its a bloody good return and can't be argued With. Or that that after this last lot of injuries he's looked a tad slower,, so the aging proccess may have started or is he just coming back to early?. Either or hardly something new When the time comes for him to go, it'll happen, but NOT now.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

bitter about what? we sacked the prick, i've nothing to be bitter about.

england were truly diabolical last world cup and the manager blamed the players and then anything but himself. man united fans in this thread are saying that rooney's past his best, and they watch him more closely than you do. i've no liking for hodgson but i've no agenda here either - he's just a fraud plain and simple. don't understand why people defend him quite so blindly as they do.

That was a dog of a match for us. England will face that sort of scenario in all the group matches. Holland stifled England well, closed space, and hit on the counter. Then there is also the possibility of a slip up and bizarre refereeing decisions, well non decision in this instance.

In some ways this is more instructive than the previous win.

It tells me a couple of players need to hang their boots up where the national team is concerned: too slow. The trouble is youthful sides tend to be a bit up and down and experienced players are needed.

Edited by mommysboy
  • Like 1

It doesn't look like Stones is ready yet.

Milner got dragged all over the place.

Sturridge is now 3rd choice striker

not sure i'd count on sturridge for a tournament. doesn't seem able to play two games in a week without breaking down.

• Like 1

England squad Euros 2016

Hart

Forster

Heaton

Clyne

Walker

Smalling

Cahill

Stones

Jagielka

Rose

Shaw/Berttand.Gibbs

Dier

Barkley

Milner

Ali

Henderson

Lallana

Sterling/Delph/Drinkwater

Kane

Vardy

Rooney

Wellbeck

Sturridge/Walcott.

Only 3 places up for grabs down to injuries

• Like 1

It doesn't look like Stones is ready yet.

Milner got dragged all over the place.

Sturridge is now 3rd choice striker

Stones slipped: that could happen to anyone.

Sadly, I think Milner has to be considered only as a sub. I think he is a bit past it to play the sort of game he plays. But he is experienced and can come on to steady the ship. England lack experience. It showed.

Lallana is the head scratcher- no goals but so good in other ways.

Hodgson has to omit one or two strikers and I would guess Walcott and Sturridge did little to stake their claim.

Edited by mommysboy

England squad Euros 2016

Hart

Forster

Heaton

Clyne

Walker

Smalling

Cahill

Stones

Jagielka

Rose

Shaw/Berttand.Gibbs

Dier

Barkley

Milner

Ali

Henderson

Lallana

Kane

Vardy

Rooney

Wellbeck

Sturridge/Walcott.

Valid squad.

I personally think Rose is (understandly) inexperienced and he did have a bit of a 5/10 last night. So I wouldn't regard him as the first choice.

If Wilshere is fit he will be in the squad. Quite who makes way I don't know.

Hodgson will likely take 5 strikers I agree.

9/10 for this selection.

I thought the article below on Stones very insightful. Stones's problem is to a greater extent England's problem; inexplicable and largely self inflicted errors. It applies to a number of players front to back. My fear is that the 3 teams England play will simply replicate what Netherlands did last night, just as the teams they played in the last world cup did.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/mar/29/john-stones-england-holland-friendly

I thought the article below on Stones very insightful. Stones's problem is to a greater extent England's problem; inexplicable and largely self inflicted errors. It applies to a number of players front to back. My fear is that the 3 teams England play will simply replicate what Netherlands did last night, just as the teams they played in the last world cup did.

So what you are saying is that England will bow out again in the group stages without outing up a real fight, I agree all the hype again before a tournament and heaping pressure on the team, happens every tournament we all get our hopes up to be sadly disappointed.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/mar/29/john-stones-england-holland-friendly

Stones gets a lot of stick and he is having a rocky patch at the moment but i dont think its that bad its just that the media build up English players so much that when they have a few off games they get murdered. The kid is 21 years old and it was a slip last night ( can happen to anyone!) then ball goes out wide and Rose gets pulled up for a handball and its Stones fault...<deleted>?

I am happy for him to keep making a few mistakes if it allows him to become a better ball playing defender. The English mentality of "get rid of it" is a part of why our game is behind other nations.

If you cant play the ball out from the back it means your midfield have to drop deeper to receive the ball thus creating a gap between the midfield and the forwards. You see it a lot from Rooney when he is frustrated in games with England and Man United dropping deeper and deeper in games almost playing CM.

Let the youngsters have the confidence to play in tight areas and try things without the worry of getting slaughtered in the press.

On another note...Woy has to make some serious decisions and i hope he has the balls to make them. Funny him talking about sturridge's fitness when he has pretty much guaranteed Rooney and Wilshere a place and they will be lucky if they play 5 games before the season ends.

So what you are saying is that England will bow out again in the group stages without outing up a real fight, I agree all the hype again before a tournament and heaping pressure on the team, happens every tournament we all get our hopes up to be sadly disappointed.

I'm saying it's a real possibility. it's the best chance of success other teams have against us. Sit deep and wait for the mistake.

Maybe last night's performance will be a blessing in disguise. The penny must have surely dropped.

I'm saying it's a real possibility. it's the best chance of success other teams have against us. Sit deep and wait for the mistake.

Maybe last night's performance will be a blessing in disguise. The penny must have surely dropped.

Stones gets a lot of stick and he is having a rocky patch at the moment but i dont think its that bad its just that the media build up English players so much that when they have a few off games they get murdered. The kid is 21 years old and it was a slip last night ( can happen to anyone!) then ball goes out wide and Rose gets pulled up for a handball and its Stones fault...<deleted>?

I am happy for him to keep making a few mistakes if it allows him to become a better ball playing defender. The English mentality of "get rid of it" is a part of why our game is behind other nations.

If you cant play the ball out from the back it means your midfield have to drop deeper to receive the ball thus creating a gap between the midfield and the forwards. You see it a lot from Rooney when he is frustrated in games with England and Man United dropping deeper and deeper in games almost playing CM.

Let the youngsters have the confidence to play in tight areas and try things without the worry of getting slaughtered in the press.

On another note...Woy has to make some serious decisions and i hope he has the balls to make them. Funny him talking about sturridge's fitness when he has pretty much guaranteed Rooney and Wilshere a place and they will be lucky if they play 5 games before the season ends.

There is a case for just 'getting rid of it'. He could have just booted it in to touch given his difficulties at present.

Personally, I think Stones is the most talented defender we have ever had and I would pick him every time, and England are pretty good for that matter. But these unforced errors could mean we will just end on an early flight home.

It goes throughout the team- not just Stones.

There is a case for just 'getting rid of it'. He could have just booted it in to touch given his difficulties at present.

Personally, I think Stones is the most talented defender we have ever had and I would pick him every time, and England are pretty good for that matter. But these unforced errors could mean we will just end on an early flight home.

ever? or just in recent times? suspect bobby moore might dispute the most talented ever like. plus a fair few others.

• Like 1

England squad Euros 2016

Hart

Forster

Heaton

Clyne

Walker

Smalling

Cahill

Stones

Jagielka

Rose

Shaw/Berttand.Gibbs

Dier

Barkley

Milner

Ali

Henderson

Lallana

Kane

Vardy

Rooney

Wellbeck

Sturridge/Walcott.

Strange reddy facepalm.gif you post

Midfield looks very strong Ali ...Dier...Barkley...OX...Walcott.

I'm aghast, you call me bias and then proceed to have only one of the two as a probable facepalm.giffacepalm.gifbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Stevie have a pint of bitter with your sour grapes eh?

not boring, just correct. after the last euros and literally england's worst ever world cup performance in 2014 you'd think that any manager with a bit of decency and dignity would just resign. not hodgson though, 'cos when things go badly it's always someone else's fault. and typically he throws a player or two under the bus. so in this instance, when the players are playing the way they are thanks to their club managers and good coaching on a day to day basis, it's suddenly hodgson's doing? get to .

he's a magician is hodgson. manages to hoodwink so many people into believing he's a half-decent manager when if you look at his actual record he's a total fraud. so don't feel bad mr ed, you're just another one in the long line who can't see the wood for the trees with him.

Yeah give it a rest your just sounding bitter. Any internatuonal manager is reliant on the what the clubs produce that's just the way it Is, ramsey probably being the last one going slightly against the.grain with the.west ham trio as prime examples but not forgetting the previous Season they'd won a European trophy. and NOT forgetting injury forced his hand even hurst said he didn't. Expect to play.

Going back to Rooney atm he`s earned and deserves his place and captaincy. 19 in 31 games. Ain't a.few goals its a bloody good return and can't be argued With. Or that that after this last lot of injuries he's looked a tad slower,, so the aging proccess may have started or is he just coming back to early?. Either or hardly something new When the time comes for him to go, it'll happen, but NOT now.

bitter about what? we sacked the prick, i've nothing to be bitter about.

england were truly diabolical last world cup and the manager blamed the players and then anything but himself. man united fans in this thread are saying that rooney's past his best, and they watch him more closely than you do. i've no liking for hodgson but i've no agenda here either - he's just a fraud plain and simple. don't understand why people defend him quite so blindly as they do.

of coarse you got an 'agenda' stevie, ,, you basing your argument on ??? ,,,,opinions or facts,?,, tit bits that the media/ gutter press choose to feed you and then you regurgitate

stick to FACTS and the FACTS are ? england have been crap in tournaments since Robsons days, little or nothing to do with hodgson, and last night england lost without Rooney. very easy to talk retrospectively , but if there as one missing player i would have had on the park last night,,,??? i'de go rooney

England squad Euros 2016

Hart

Forster

Heaton

Clyne

Walker

Smalling

Cahill

Stones

Jagielka

Rose

Shaw/Berttand.Gibbs

Dier

Barkley

Milner

Ali

Henderson

Lallana

Kane

Vardy

Rooney

Wellbeck

Sturridge/Walcott.

Strange reddy facepalm.gif you post

Midfield looks very strong Ali ...Dier...Barkley...OX...Walcott.

I'm aghast, you call me bias and then proceed to have only one of the two as a probable facepalm.giffacepalm.gifbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Aghast!! &lt;deleted&gt; off i was just saying!

ever? or just in recent times? suspect bobby moore might dispute the most talented ever like. plus a fair few others.

Quite right : potentially the best

What's happened to Baines? Seems since he turned ltd down and maybe injury he's gone from top of the pops to seemingly no where. He getting time at everton?

Quite right : potentially the best

He's had some time at everton @ full back and, me, i don't think it does, primarily cbs, any favours, almost totally different skill set needed and can see them ultimately getting found out.

When you get all heated its usually that hope and optimism thing.

Aw bless your socks little Englanders!

passifier.gif

nice to see the little neighbors taking an interest wai2.gif

Always watching rij....always waiting.....I love a scorcher of a summer! :DB)

When you get all heated its usually that hope and optimism thing.

Aw bless your socks little Englanders!

passifier.gif

nice to see the little neighbors taking an interest wai2.gif

Always watching rij....always waiting.....I love a scorcher of a summer! :DB)

yep would like to return the comp, but the Scots team atm,,,,,, the most entertaining thing about thematm is it seems to have sent ging minge grey!!!!