THE England thread

rijit

What's happened to Baines? Seems since he turned ltd down and maybe injury he's gone from top of the pops to seemingly no where. He getting time at everton?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

rumour has it he had the audacity to question Bobby brown shoes tactics.

I sort of agree with the ''blood the kids'' train of thought but I think it would be a huge risk to leave out the experience of Rooney and Carrick (or even Milner) with Vardy or Drinkwater or Dier on the bench to come on as 'impact subs' as it were.

Please not Donkey Milner!! Rooney can stay at home too.

• 1 month later...

The squad is trimmed down today. I can see Hodgson sticking with the players who contributed in qualification. So I reckon it's an unlucky 2 out of Sturridge, Rashford, Drinkwater and Townsend.

If it was me, Henderson wouldn't be going. He doesn't seem to offer much at all.

I think it would be a shame if Sturridge, and Townsend don't make the cut, as they are 2 really talented players.

Will it matter much? I don't think so. For all their attacking ability, England still surrender too easily in midfiels, and the defence is modest. 50/50 to get out the group stage.

I'd deffo take Sturridge (if he's fit) and Rashford. Both have potential to turn a game.

Obviously Delph is out, so it just leaves 2.

For me, I'd drop 2 from Wilshere, Barkley and Henderson mainly due to match fitness (or lack of). I think Drinkwater has done enough to earn a place.

• Like 1

For me, I'd drop 2 from Wilshere, Barkley and Henderson mainly due to match fitness (or lack of). I think Drinkwater has done enough to earn a place.

yeah agree with this. best english midfielder in the team that won the league by 10 points. hard to argue that he's not the form player. so given henderson's iffy fitness record and wilshere's comical fitness record it seems a bit daft.

yeah agree with this. best english midfielder in the team that won the league by 10 points. hard to argue that he's not the form player. so given henderson's iffy fitness record and wilshere's comical fitness record it seems a bit daft.

I swear, I don't understand Woy sometimes. Actually, any of the time. The only time we have played good football is when injuries have forced him into giving others a chance, instead of him going with his favourites

I swear, I don't understand Woy sometimes. Actually, any of the time. The only time we have played good football is when injuries have forced him into giving others a chance, instead of him going with his favourites

boj, that's because hodgson is a spoofing idiot who has hoodwinked people with his career of 35 years of utter mediocrity. :)

jonathan northcroft of the times just put it quite well: "6 players who might say their best position is No10. 4 similar full backs. No real wingers. No Drinkwater. The CB situation. All a bit odd."

also i can't really imagine any genuinely top managers taking rashford. i mean what for?

also i can't really imagine any genuinely top managers taking rashford. i mean what for?

He's a wild card and unpredictable, and he plays with no fear.

I have no problem taking him, but don't do what they did with a young Walcott, name him in the squad and not use him once.

rashford is the form forward in the division atm. eight goals in 18 first-team games for Ltd is it 5 or 6 in the prem? and one in one for england

and imo that justifies his place, for me you cant have too many goalscorers in a squad

which is ultimately why Rooney justifies his place.

our forward line looks hot to trot, shame bout the defense,, still if u can muster goals from the bench.....

He's a wild card and unpredictable, and he plays with no fear.

I have no problem taking him, but don't do what they did with a young Walcott, name him in the squad and not use him once.

think that's exactly what will happen tbh.

This is from the Telegraph:

If the England starting line up was made out of the players with numbers 1-11, then we could see something like this on June 11:

Hart (1)

Walker (2) Smalling (6) Cahill (5) Rose (3)

Milner (4)

Rooney (10, capt) Lallana (8)

Sterling (7) Kane (9) Vardy (11)

Thoughts?

No idea how the likes of Milner gets picked ahead of Drinkwater,and don't see the point of Rashford going. He is NOT the form striker of the PL, but i suppose we do need cover for when Sturridge is injured stepping off the plane.

Oh and am i the only person who thinks Sterling is way over rated ? would not get in me Sunday side.

• Like 1

Forster

Walker Smalling Cahill Clynne

Dier

Ali/Barkley Rooney

Wilshere

Rashford/Sturridge Kane

Wilshere???

Alli behind Kane and if you are playing two up front add Vardy.

Rashford off the bench for that something special.

I'll not pass comment on Rooney as he appears to be getting back to full fitness and can be superb if he is fit enough.

• Like 1

This is from the Telegraph:

If the England starting line up was made out of the players with numbers 1-11, then we could see something like this on June 11:

Hart (1)

Walker (2) Smalling (6) Cahill (5) Rose (3)

Milner (4)

Rooney (10, capt) Lallana (8)

Sterling (7) Kane (9) Vardy (11)

Thoughts?

if hodgson goes with that shape

milners been in form for liverpool, he's instinctively an attacker,not a defender dier will play there,

walker may start, but tbh defensively he'll be found out and be replaced with patsy, not that he's much better

and the same goes for rose, he;s a poor defender great on the break and then a threat around the opo's box , but under pressure defending,,, shocking

take Lallanal out stick ali there

dont know if he'll start but personally i'de like to see sterling given a go,,dont care what people say, imo he;s a class act.

Edited by rijit

So will Hodgson play with his own style and largely ignore the opposition or be tailoring his side to sneak a result?

laugh.png

did you watch the last world cup smokes?

Shh Stevie...it was a different team after all.

Maybe he won't play Rooney.

So will Hodgson play with his own style and largely ignore the opposition or be tailoring his side to sneak a result?

laugh.png

hodgson teams play as if the ball has some communicable disease.

• Like 2

laugh.png

hodgson teams play as if the ball has some communicable disease.

Now that made me laugh!! :lol: