Floating body found on Surin Beach matches description of 66-year-old Brit

rooster59

Floating body found on Surin Beach matches description of 66-year-old Brit

post-247607-0-60929100-1459063547_thumb.

Georges Carraz of the UK. Photo: Phuket Immigration

PHUKET: Based on a matching physical description, police and doctors have confirmed the identity of a body found floating off Surin Beach Saturday morning as that of a British national who rented a car found parked near the beach.

The body of a foreigner was found floating on the morning of March 26 (story here) and has been kept at Thalang Hospital while an investigation was carried out.

Police became suspicious about a Nissan Sunny car that had been parked at a parking lot near Surin Beach.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/floating-body-found-on-surin-beach-matches-description-of-66-year-old-brit-56789.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-03-27

Seams or appears to be that suicide is the most affordable health insurance for older farangs who find themselves in poor health.

I missed the part of the article about suicide, could you provide a link?

I did, however, read that doctors have yet to conclude the cause of death.

Seams or appears to be that suicide is the most affordable health insurance for older farangs who find themselves in poor health.

I missed the part of the article about suicide, could you provide a link?

I did, however, read that doctors have yet to conclude the cause of death.

Drowning verdict would mean insurance payout to family.

RIP

Body on Phuket beach identified as British superyacht builder
Kongleaphy Keam

post-249866-0-60743200-1459169746_thumb.

PHUKET: -- Police have identified the body found on a Phuket beach this weekend as the British builder of the 31-meter superyacht Raja Laut.

The body of Georges E K Carraz, 66, was found on Surin Beach by two passersby at about 7am on Saturday (story here). Nearby, police found a rental car in the name of Winai Sawatdeesarn.

“Mr Winai confirmed that he had been renting the car out to Mr Carraz since January 29,” said Lt Peerasit Nhupayan of the Cherng Talay Police.

Full Story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Body-Phuket-beach-identified-British-superyacht-builder/63550?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-03-28

Thailand isn't really safe for Brits. Anyway RIP

Where is the evidence for this? Why is it less safe than other counties where Brits retire to and die either naturally or unnaturally?

No need for evidence on Thai visa mate. Just make stuff up, post it, if it is somehow negative about Thais or Thailand, it will get repeated everyday, then people will people will believe it as fact.

My figures show that an overwhelming number of Brits deaths happen in England. Thousands of them everyday. This should be looked into.

Quote : PHUKET: -- Police have identified the body found on a Phuket beach this weekend as the British builder of the 31-meter superyacht Raja Laut.

Raja Laut is Malay language, it means King of the Sea ... RIP Georges.

Thailand isn't really safe for Brits. Anyway RIP

Where is the evidence for this? Why is it less safe than other counties where Brits retire to and die either naturally or unnaturally?

No need for evidence on Thai visa mate. Just make stuff up, post it, if it is somehow negative about Thais or Thailand, it will get repeated everyday, then people will people will believe it as fact.

My figures show that an overwhelming number of Brits deaths happen in England. Thousands of them everyday. This should be looked into.

.....hope they will investigate...

.... are there assets hanging in the balance....???

...hmmm.......

See the post above by Roomuck.

Sotirios, Are you an ambulance chasing lawyer by any chance?

Why do you NEED to know if there assets hanging in the balance?

Is it any of your business?

I am sure it is the policy of last resort we all think about. It is the best option as compared to being a hospital ATM with a whole lot of suffering attached. It sure is the option I would choose.

I would have thought the most likely cause of death would be drowning while out for a holiday swim.

Most of those dying in the sea (that weren't run down by a boat or jetski) are accidental.

I go swimming alone all the time (not in Thailand as it's too dirty for me), but in the UK, France and Spain, car park by a beach, walk down, have a swim.

I'm certainly not contemplating suicide, ever.

Archived