best internet provider for gaming?

riorobc023

I have had True, 3bb, Sinet. They are all the same for the most part. As far as I understand it no matter what package you select ex. 25up/8down that speed is only reliable within Thailand. I used to play MMORPGs and had to quit cause I never got below 250ms ping. That was trying all the different gamer vpn things like vyper and expressvpn which supposedly make your connection better. I never saw a deference. When the connection leaves the country it get slowed way down by a tunnel or internet connection point or some shit like that. which makes your ping go up. thailand basically has a shit tunnel and results in shit ping if your playing off an american or aussie, european server. some se asia servers like in hong kong or singapore are better but never expect a 30ms ping. a good way to check would be to open up speedtest and choose your own server to test from. ex. i just connected to a server in Los Angeles and my ping was 347ms 2.6mbps up and 1.9mbps down and im on a 30/10 fibre connection

don't expect much, for me only games with good ping are world of tanks and world of warships as the server is in Singapore. I love the battlefield series but not possible to play here, have the best TOT fibre to house in Rayong but it's just getting worse and streaming filmon the last few weeks has been ridiculous so going to change to the cheapest connection. for whatever the reasons the connection to outside of Thailand is being strangled at the moment.

It really doesn't matter too much, as sad as that is. Once you have the essential needs for bandwidth met, the major providers all play the same. The problem is that once you bounce out of the international (regional) gateways, latency goes up in a big way.

In other words, if you're trying to play with friends in North America or Europe, all providers will experience the same latency. If you're playing within Asia, all providers should have essentially the same experience. Have at least 10 down and 2up and you'll have no issues with the actual bandwidth. Latency is the issue and as I said, there isn't much you can do about it.

One recommendation is stick to wired connections (Cable, fiber, etc.) over wireless as any form of wireless (3g/4g, satellite, etc.) will always have significantly higher latency and make gaming the most frustrating experience of your life.

3bb 10mb works fine 4 me I don't play much online gaming, but don't have any problems when I do I live in pattaya

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Same for me. 3BB are also upgrading the speeds to 18mb for the same price 590 baht which is even better.

3bb 10mb works fine 4 me I don't play much online gaming, but don't have any problems when I do I live in pattaya

Same for me. 3BB are also upgrading the speeds to 18mb for the same price 590 baht which is even better.

Do you know when and where?

I was only thinking the other day they need to do this soon

It's shown on their website now. I rang them and they said it was being "rolled out" across the country and i would get it within a month. But wait and see.

don't expect much, for me only games with good ping are world of tanks and world of warships as the server is in Singapore. I love the battlefield series but not possible to play here, have the best TOT fibre to house in Rayong but it's just getting worse and streaming filmon the last few weeks has been ridiculous so going to change to the cheapest connection. for whatever the reasons the connection to outside of Thailand is being strangled at the moment.

I play battlefield 4 here and the pings are fine. plenty of servers in singapore etc

I play battlefield 4 here and the pings are fine. plenty of servers in singapore etc

didn't try BF4 as BF3 doesn't have servers plus I don't think my laptop is up to it. will check it out and if it's as good as you say them maybe I will build a gaming machine, my brothers play with 3 screens in the UK and 200mbit connections - sigh.

If you want to play a fantastic MMORPG that is not affected by ping try EVE Online. I used to play WOW but no matter what provider I tried the dungeon and PVP was very difficult. Been playing EVE ever since and it mostly has mature players (though you wouldn't know it sometimes LOL).

Yep what everyone is saying here is true. Pings are the issue. Depending on where your game servers are the provider CAN make a difference eg: my game servers in Australia ping 150ms on my TRUE adsl and 300ms on TOT Fiber. Have you tried WTFast? That actually works well - I was able to get 150ms pings with it on TOT but the free service is no longer available so I stopped using it. Subscription is fairly cheap though and it's easy to use. However wtfast cannot improve on the physical limitations of the internet so, for example you would never get below 200ms to any US server.

I am shocked that people are having many problems

I have played WOW, dc on line, the division, world of tanks and rocket League and not had any big problems

I live in pattaya and have 3bb 10mb

I don't know what my ping is or and I am not even sure what one is lol

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

You cant get better internet in Thailand then CAT Telecom.

If you can get it.

I agree 100% and I have it but it costs me 4400 bhat a month and i share on my port with only 4 others the cheaper version you could try out with cat you share 20 and its about 1500 per month when you have it you will never go back to the other suppliers

• 1 month later...
On 29/03/2016 at 9:33 AM, juice777 said:

I live 9 kms NNE of Surin, in the country a little over 1km from the nearest village.  I had 3BB fiber installed, just over 2 weeks ago. They strung the cable, from the village to the pole across the road from our house.  It took them less than 30 minutes to run the wire inside and set-up the wi-fi router.   I subscribed to the 20mb down and 4mb up VDSL package. My speeds have been a consistent 38 and under ping, 22-23 download and 4+ up. This package costs 590 baht plus VAT a month. The total price for equipment, installation and the first month was 2,131.25 baht.  I have been playing online with a PS4 and have not had any problems with lagging and this is with wife and daughter using wi-fi. at the same time.  3BB also has a 50 down 10 up fiber package for 700 baht plus VAT a month. 

Archived