Thai girl jumps to her death after drinking with British boyfriend in Chiang Mai

Jonathan Fairfield

Thai girl jumps to her death after drinking with British boyfriend in Chiang Mai

Thaivisa Reporters

post-137452-0-53205300-1459090166_thumb.

CHIANG MAI:-- A Thai woman out drinking with a British man in Chiang Mai Sunday morning walked back into the condo she was staying in, went up to the seventh floor and jumped to her death, reports Thaivisa News.

Police and medical personnel rushed to the garden at the back of the classy condo in Chang Pheuk, downtown Chiang Mai where they found bloodstains.

Condo staff had already had the Bangkok woman taken to Nakorn Pong hospital but she was already dead.

She was named as Karanyuta Gasell (sic), 37, from Suan Luang , eastern Bangkok.

She had been staying with a young British guy in room 312 on the third floor. Both were seen drinking alcohol in a shop in front of the condo early Sunday morning.

Just after nine am security at the condo said she walked into the condo building alone and took the lift up to the seventh floor roof. Then she promptly jumped off to her death.

The body was sent for autopsy and police are talking to the Brit to find out more about the tragedy.

tvn.png
-- 2016-03-27

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like the Brit just may have (foolishly) told the older Thai woman he was exercising alternative "Hello Kitty" options - or intends to

Thai women are among the most jealous on the planet

With very good reason sad.png

Whatever made her leap off the balcony - my heart goes out to her family

Thank christ that guy was there to make it clear that she fell downwards, hence his pointing.

There's me thinking she may have fallen up !

I've no idea why they point out the obvious - time and again

I hope it has nothing to do with Som nom naaasad.png

Could someone please post a picture of one of the “so called” knee high balcony railings. I refuse to believe any builder would do such a thing. The picture provided seems to be from the roof.

Could someone please post a picture of one of the so called knee high balcony railings. I refuse to believe any builder would do such a thing. The picture provided seems to be from the roof.

I reported this jump this afternoon but the thread was closed because I couldn't prove it. Oh well.

That image IS from the roof, I live there. The balconies have high (Western standards) glass walls, no one is accidentally falling over them.

However, most of the roof doesn't even have knee high rails, just a flat walk right off. Doors always unlocked, but I am sure that is going to change now.

Could someone please post a picture of one of the so called knee high balcony railings. I refuse to believe any builder would do such a thing. The picture provided seems to be from the roof.

I reported this jump this afternoon but the thread was closed because I couldn't prove it. Oh well.

That image IS from the roof, I live there. The balconies have high (Western standards) glass walls, no one is accidentally falling over them.

However, most of the roof doesn't even have knee high rails, just a flat walk right off. Doors always unlocked, but I am sure that is going to change now.

Of course it may change now - - Thailand is a VERY reactive society - and Humans are reactive creatures in general - NOT proactivesad.png

Of course it may change now - - Thailand is a VERY reactive society - and Humans are reactive creatures in general - NOT proactivesad.png

To be honest, I'm surprised there hasn't been an accident yet. In addition to no rails, there are pipes all over the roof that you have to step over. VERY easy to trip while walking around up there. Children could easily go up there to play if they wanted to. A tragedy waiting to happen.

The balcony "railing" barely comes to his bloody kneessad.png

Why are balcony railings so ulta-low in the LOS??

And even worse - why is life considered so cheap??

The security guy on the photo seem to be on the roof of the building. She probably when to the 7th floor with the lift and had access to the roof top.

Their apartment was on the 3rd floor according to the article.

Take your time. Life is considered cheap here because it is . . . Look up at the univers at night. Don't you feel small?

We have to live with our insignificance to truly appreciate our luck.

Thank christ that guy was there to make it clear that she fell downwards, hence his pointing.

There's me thinking she may have fallen up !

OK you made your Point!

But something you will see everyday all over the world is in a restaurant or cafe.......

Customer wants say more coffee.

The server brings over the pot and the customer points to the cup.......

As if the server will pour it somewhere else!

However, very sad that someone becomes a Jumper.

When the booze is in the sense is out!crazy.gif

Looks like it's the roof she jumped from, not a balcony at all

It seems ‘most’ guys here are constantly moaning about how terrible ‘most’ of the girls really are. Very rarely is anything ever revealed from the girls’ perspective. Well they sure don’t start off terrible, believe me, they’re just ruined over time, and if you stay here long enough, you’ll pass girls you’ve known in the street from time to time and you’ll think; Jesus, what happened to you! 10 or 15 years in the bar will do that to a girl.

In fact ‘most’ arrive in the bar quite innocent with absolutely no idea what to expect. But, with all the positive education nicely provided by their older and wiser sisters, along with all the wonderful abuse and false promises provided by some quality farang, the innocence sure doesn’t remain for long.

Moral of the story: Next time you have negative thoughts toward a girl, just spare a moment to think just how much negativity she’s experienced in her short life so far.

Fact: I’ve known beautiful girls spend years, earning fortunes in the go go’s, only to see them years later, pot less shadows of their former selves, having to resort to selling sumtam on the streets to survive, having of course been systematically relieved from their hard earned and bled dry by those whom she thought loved and cared for her.

My thoughts go out to this poor young woman, the abuse she must have suffered, and how lonely and used she must have felt right at the end…

Look at the pic in the OP.

Same design buildings, shows very low wall on the roof tops, and a more standard height balcony rail on the floor below.

But, such low walls on an accessible roof top ...bad.

Don't blame the builder. They build according to the design. Blame the designer, "architect".

It's all speculation, but she could have been drunk, gone for a look at the stars and a rooftop sing song, and accidentally fell. Suicide? Maybe. Maybe not.

It is not a balcony, it is a rooftop.

FYI:

Even in the beautiful "West" there are no railings on the roof.

At least not when I left 30 years ago.

Unfortunately, the building management will probably react by locking the doors to the roof, thus blocking a fire exit, rather than doing the proper thing and installing alarms on the doors that notify security when they are opened.

Look at the pic in the OP.

Same design buildings, shows very low wall on the roof tops, and a more standard height balcony rail on the floor below.

But, such low walls on an accessible roof top ...bad.

Don't blame the builder. They build according to the design. Blame the designer, "architect".

It's all speculation, but she could have been drunk, gone for a look at the stars and a rooftop sing song, and accidentally fell. Suicide? Maybe. Maybe not.

And blame the building code. Silly me!!!!! Or lack of it, or lack of enforcement, or corruption allowing lack of enforcement. Now we approach the truth.

Archived