Thai girl jumps to her death after drinking with British boyfriend in Chiang Mai

Jonathan Fairfield

Could someone please post a picture of one of the “so called” knee high balcony railings. I refuse to believe any builder would do such a thing. The picture provided seems to be from the roof.

That' exactly what it say's:

Just after nine am security at the condo said she walked into the condo building alone and took the lift up to the seventh floor roof. Then she promptly jumped off to her death.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The balcony "railing" barely comes to his bloody kneessad.png

Why are balcony railings so ulta-low in the LOS??

And even worse - why is life considered so cheap??

Read the article:

Just after nine am security at the condo said she walked into the condo building alone and took the lift up to the seventh floor roof. Then she promptly jumped off to her death.

Thank christ that guy was there to make it clear that she fell downwards, hence his pointing.

There's me thinking she may have fallen up !

First a mischaracterization of what the photo is about and then an idiotic wise crack to build on it. I do believe you might have a difficult time figuring which way someone would fall.

Thank christ that guy was there to make it clear that she fell downwards, hence his pointing.

There's me thinking she may have fallen up !

ah i got it now "drinking with a British" say no more.

Just recently there was much outpouring of sorrow, grief and sympathy for a young American guy who left his "story" for all to see. This young Thai lady, like all of us, must have a story to tell but, like so many other suicidals, didn't tell it. Hence instead of sympathy she is the object of jest, mockery and cheap shots from the likes of you. I think your posts reeks of racism and an attempt of dehumanizing equal others.

May she also rest in peace.

Jumping from a condo balcony is not an uncommon response by a Thai lady receiving disturbing news by her bf/lover...

Sad...many maimed or die in the prime of life...

this is true. ive seen a couple of bargirls try an early morning leap in lk metro after an all nighter.... 1 got held by her long hair and dragged back in and the other jumped the 3 feet down onto the bar sunblind below then bounced onto the outside sofa!

i had 1 go nuts when i asked where some new ladies underwear had gone (i took my friends shopping home for them in my car)

and she started screaming that id accused her of stealing it..... she then stripped off to reveal said missing underwear- tags attached, and climbed over the balcony on the 20th floor.

i managed to get her back in.....and moved a week later!

The balcony "railing" barely comes to his bloody kneessad.png

And even worse - why is life considered so cheap??

But fortunately It is not a balcony whistling.gif it is the roof of the building, where I guess people have no access.coffee1.gif

Jumping from a condo balcony is not an uncommon response by a Thai lady receiving disturbing news by her bf/lover...

Sad...many maimed or die in the prime of life...

this is true. ive seen a couple of bargirls try an early morning leap in lk metro after an all nighter.... 1 got held by her long hair and dragged back in and the other jumped the 3 feet down onto the bar sunblind below then bounced onto the outside sofa!

i had 1 go nuts when i asked where some new ladies underwear had gone (i took my friends shopping home for them in my car)

and she started screaming that id accused her of stealing it..... she then stripped off to reveal said missing underwear- tags attached, and climbed over the balcony on the 20th floor.

i managed to get her back in.....and moved a week later!

Blimey, what a nightmare. Well done for getting her back in, however I fear such an unstable woman will likely get herself into trouble somewhere down the road.

It's all down to that face thing again. It doesn't matter how much you lie as long as you don't reveal the truth about your wrongdoings. I know we should all try hard to respect the culture of our adopted home but I can't honestly say I will ever find it anymore then an outdated and stupid custom.

Looks like it's that new Resort condo near the convention center just off of Canal Road.

The owner of the building is an Indian gentleman. The same owner that built and owns the B2's all over Chiang Mai.

This Resort Condo won a big quality award a couple years back and thought to be popular and it was anticipated to be sold out quickly. With the turn of the economy and the new climate in Thailand with a new government and new PM the condo sales fell very short of sales.

I hope that this sad incident doesn't plague this condo. It was a large project but now seems to be largely unoccupied and is like a ghost condo. Far from what was originally anticipated for sales in the area.

So sad whenever someone takes their own life. There are most always family and friends that will be impacted by such loses.

May her family find strength and understanding to deal with their loss. R.I.P. young girl.

Peoples reaction to death differs depending on many things, some laugh, others cry, others remain silent , then there are those who make remarks that some say are in bad taste. Only those close to the individual, who take this avenue to escape what some call ''living hell'' may have a clue to the real reason behind this final act. Most of the time they are not aware of the plan beforehand, thus they did not have that clue or else did not recongize it. If they had they might have been able to change the end result.

Those that judge others in a unfavorable way, due to what they say, may be more to blame or could have been more aware of the potential outcome in individual cases than they will admit to themselves , nor want others to suspect.

As someone once said its better to be a silent fool than open your mouth and advertise to the world just how foolish you really are.

How sad is that, Nothing should be that bad, that you want to take your own life.

Its Sad for the people she left behind, they have to live with that...

RIP, poor lady. Nothing, but nothing, is worth taking one's own life.

RIP, poor Karanyuta, hope you have found what you were searching for and that you are in a better place now.

Condolences to her husband, relatives and friends.

To the people in this forum who posted slurs and abviouslt think that suicide and the aftermath of it for the remaining friends/relatives is a funny topic, I can just say that I feel very sorry for you and am ashamed to be a member of this forum!

I also am at awe that these unbelievably offending posts were not deleted and the posters warned/restricted... Perhaps it's time to get out of here... sad.png

Sounds like the Brit just may have (foolishly) told the older Thai woman he was exercising alternative "Hello Kitty" options - or intends to

Thai women are among the most jealous on the planet

With very good reason sad.png

Whatever made her leap off the balcony - my heart goes out to her family

I think it may go beyond jealousy. Many of these girls have extended familhy to support as well as themselves and the pressure must be overwhelming on their survival salaries. She probably felt she was losing more than just boyfriend but perhaps survival money for her family.

Pretty sad how some of these post consider it amusing for a life to be lost in this fashion.

Oh there are some real creatures on here.

Something like this has them slithering out from under the flat stones in the damp dark places they lurk!

Could someone please post a picture of one of the “so called” knee high balcony railings. I refuse to believe any builder would do such a thing. The picture provided seems to be from the roof.

It is. There are some who just can't let a day go by without repeating some dumb urban myth.

Thai news, reports that the girl was Filipino. Anyway why on earth is access to the roof not secure so that anyone can just go up, Jesus!! That could of easily been a kid up there that can fall by accident as there are no safety railings up there. Nearly all other condos in the area have their roof access blocked or locked, mainly so that the residents don't go up there to party or hamper with water tanks, electrics etc. RIP.

Oh another rude ignorant Aussie!

As Cecil Rhodes said ' To be born ENGLISH is to win the lottery of life!

BTW Where did your family hail from.....UK?

Yes, I have heard several Englishmen use that expression. Then they wonder why Aussies enjoy taking the mickey out of them.

On topic, possibly the Thai girl was trying for more permanency in the relationship, and it was rejected by the British boyfriend. The nationality is not relevant - the person may be.

The balcony "railing" barely comes to his bloody knees:(

The policeman is standing on the roof, no balcony there, so no railings.

He's the security guard, pointing for the witness photo, not a policeman. You won't find a Thai policeman in Chiang Mai wearing a YELLOW shirt, red maybe!!

If she had been out drinking with a Thai guy....would this of even made the news?? Just because a foreigner was there...her death became news worthy...?

Nonsense, you obviously don't read Thai news papers or watch the TV news.

Could someone please post a picture of one of the so called knee high balcony railings. I refuse to believe any builder would do such a thing. The picture provided seems to be from the roof.

I reported this jump this afternoon but the thread was closed because I couldn't prove it. Oh well.

That image IS from the roof, I live there. The balconies have high (Western standards) glass walls, no one is accidentally falling over them.

However, most of the roof doesn't even have knee high rails, just a flat walk right off. Doors always unlocked, but I am sure that is going to change now.

Of course it may change now - - Thailand is a VERY reactive society - and Humans are reactive creatures in general - NOT proactivesad.png
So true; so sad.

Archived