Deadly driver Jenphop agrees to blood test 15 days later

webfact

I think it can take up to 2 weeks for certain drugs to get out of your system.

I was thinking the same thing, so we can rule out cannabis which takes longer. How about they test his hair which will give a much better indication of the type of party favours this guy was on.

If the blood test shows he has any drug in his system he can just say he took it this morning

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forgive me if I'm wrong but, Refusing a blood test is tantamount to driving under the influence and comes with a minimum of three years in the slot,

So 15 days after the slaughter he agrees to the blood test and therefor the three year gaol term is now magically off the table with compensation paid.

No no no you don't understand,,, this is Thailand, he is ok, no problem,

But if you are poor and can't pay up and you with your elderly wife go and pick some mushrooms,,, Your <deleted>...

See No bias here.

Refusing the breath test = guilty.

This is a law here, same as in the West.

So they don't have a reading. But the record will

Show he was over the limit. This is all you need,

To be charge with DWI. Drugs is another matter.

" Police lacked his consent ", so was that because he was never asked, he refused which legally he can't or did a doctor certify he was not medically fit to be tested ?

As usual more questions than answers and surprise surprise senior officers talking at cross-purposes. The BIB have a foul reputation which they do nothing to improve and even when they do get things right it's hard to believe them and their own presentation doesn't help.

Brewery Alcohol Fueled Party Organisation comes readily to mind but the galling aspect is that so often the supposed incompetence is actually by those acting deliberately.

Any claims of this country being a real democracy to be taken seriously are shattered immediately.

Although the laws in the West have taken a significant beating from statute weilding lawyers/politicians, the principals and strictures of Magna Carta are still in place and Magna Carta was created 900 years ago to prevent the rich having their way with the poor. This is feudal imperialism. They have to be joking.

Are drivers allowed to refuse a breath-test until it suits them ?

There is no law that specifically allows the refusal of a breath test but there is a law, the Road Traffic Act, that says that a driver who refuses a blood test is automatically considered to have been driving while drunk.

You need to be very confident in the apathy or low intelligence of the general population to be this obvious with corruption.

This and all the other Hi-So vehicular homicide cases.

Well said. And they wonder why the are laughed at. The lot of them. The brown idiots and the whole low-intelligence lot.

What's the point? What are they testing for exactly? Disgraceful

Maybe he's just doing this very deliberately to make a mockery of the investigation and judicial processes.

And the police fall for it.

I wonder if this could somehow be a contempt of court charge.

Not sure on the laws for other Western countries, but in the UK, if you refuse a blood test for alcohol or drugs you are found guilty of the of fence you were being tested for.

Some illegal substances are detectable in the blood up to 3 mint her after using them.

They're making a mockery of this whole case.

Further, the police general second in line nationally takes over the case and makes big proclamations about getting the case back on the rails and no special treatment.

Five or six days later nothing more said.

Trying to work out the purpose of this blood-test.

Are drivers allowed to refuse a breath-test until it suits them ?

The Thai-English actress did so when she drove into a police-car and killed the sleeping occupant.

And now this.

Must depend on your nationality!!!!!!

Sorry about the spelling in the above, but my predictive text is on. What I meant to say was: you are found guilty of the offense you were being tested for.

And some substances are detectable for up to 3 months.

" Police lacked his consent ", so was that because he was never asked, he refused which legally he can't or did a doctor certify he was not medically fit to be tested ?

As usual more questions than answers and surprise surprise senior officers talking at cross-purposes. The BIB have a foul reputation which they do nothing to improve and even when they do get things right it's hard to believe them and their own presentation doesn't help.

Brewery Alcohol Fueled Party Organisation comes readily to mind but the galling aspect is that so often the supposed incompetence is actually by those acting deliberately.

All your questions have been answered already. More questions than answers only means you're not up to speed.

So you accept all the answers and that's that ? !

The various powers that be here must love people who accept everything they say at the first attempt.

I wonder how much that little perk cost him? Is there any question about the stupidity and class bias of the Thai legal system? gigglem.gif

No, no there is not.

I fail to see how even the most ardent junta supporters (yes, amazingly, there are still a lot of them) can paint this positively, but I am ready to be surprised!

In all countries there are people of privilege. Any one who thinks there is not is an idiot, or just a dreamer.

TV commentators here seem to enjoy claiming it is more just back home,and we are intellegent than these Thais. All that supports is they are either ignorant or chose to pretend to be blind to the facts back home.

I love to read examples, the mind set of the patriotic expats here, or is it just their arrogance.

I think it can take up to 2 weeks for certain drugs to get out of your system.

I was thinking the same thing, so we can rule out cannabis which takes longer. How about they test his hair which will give a much better indication of the type of party favours this guy was on.

If the blood test shows he has any drug in his system he can just say he took it this morning

Most substances take around 4 days to clear your system, which is why cravings and withdrawal will ease up after the initial 4 day period. Cannabis resin however, being oil based will stay in your system for up to 30 days.

It is also possible to find substance traces for a significantly extended period by testing body hair, although it is not possible to ascertain exactly when the substances were ingested.

Obviously after two weeks in the hospital and an obviously painful knee injury, his blood sample will be loaded with various opiates. That should give them enough room to wiggle off the drug charge. That is off course if they even actually bother to do it, or use a sample from him. So many opportunities to exploit.

The speeding charge will drop in a year and he will likely get a suspended sentence for the dangerous driving.

Didn't know you could say "no" to police when a breathalyzer test is involved . In my home country you can refuse the breathalyzer but then the police promptly take you to the hospital where blood is drawn whether you like it or not.

So he has been free of drink / drugs (or both) and they are ok with him saying you can test me? Please tell me this isn't for real. Of course there will be nothing coming from a blood test after 15 days you would have to be crazy to think there would be.

He refused at the time of the accident he should be assumed to have been drunk and on drugs and sentenced accordingly for those to start with then add on the fact he killed two people through the effect of these substances plus driving without due care, driving in excess of the speed limit, driving in a manner that caused an accident and vehicular manslaughter (2 accounts).

Sentence a minimum of 30 years without parole. Additionally give a sum (huge sum) of money to each of the deceased families.

It is to be hoped this gets to the international press and goes worldwide.

Archived