Deadly driver Jenphop agrees to blood test 15 days later

webfact

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder how many of the indignant ranters on this thread have ever been over the limit when driving here. Hopefully not one single one of them or they could be accused of being hypocrites. There surely couldn't be hypocrites on Thaivisa, could there?

Cue the "well I certainly haven't" posts.

I wonder how many or the indignant ranters on this thread have driven a Benz at 250kph, crashed through a toll gate, and then crashed into a Ford and killed two people. The above post is a ludicrous comparison, albeit it is a warning for posters to be careful - the roads are dangerous enough for even stone-cold sober drivers.

Yes, overall, there is a more fair spread of justice in the West. Do you really want to argue against that?

Links at the ready.

If you have money - anywhere - you can escape incarceration / fines / criminal record. No difference here, there, anywhere. And you can keep the links.

What a total disgrace Thailand's justice system is if this killer gets away with it again. Every time one of them pay their way out of trouble it keeps Thailand in the Third World Category a few weeks longer until the next one.

Come on Government...Make an example of him and move Thailand closer to its goal. Zero corruption, zero tolerance and tourists queuing to get in, not out.

Yes, overall, there is a more fair spread of justice in the West. Do you really want to argue against that?

Links at the ready.

If you have money - anywhere - you can escape incarceration / fines / criminal record. No difference here, there, anywhere. And you can keep the links.

In the UK it doesn't matter who you are and how much you have, If you are guilty then you will get the same sentence as anyone else.

I wonder how many of the indignant ranters on this thread have ever been over the limit when driving here. Hopefully not one single one of them or they could be accused of being hypocrites. There surely couldn't be hypocrites on Thaivisa, could there?

There are also a lot of members who seen to have more than a passing knowledge of social drugs use and it's effect, and the length of time evidence of that use stays in the body. They;re included in my comment also.

w

i have, BUT I DIDNT KILL ANYONE, spot the difference Einstein?

Links at the ready.

In the UK it doesn't matter who you are and how much you have, If you are guilty then you will get the same sentence as anyone else.

unless you are a well connected pedo then the police might turn a blind eye.

Its as clear as the nose on your face.He's come in 15 days later,when all the toxic crap has cleared his blood system.'Hi there! We'll do the blood test now,if that's ok with you.Your mum was ill,was she? and you had to stay home and care for her? well,that's a sign if a dutiful son.Ok,it's all done,oh! by the way,do you think your dad could do me a deal on that blue Merc he's got in the shop?'

Again...the clowns in brown doing a fantastic job..........

I'm guessing you mean some of the clowns, as your statement would indicate all and we know that not to be the case. There are always a few bad (clueless, incompetent) one's.

There are also a lot of members who seen to have more than a passing knowledge of social drugs use and it's effect, and the length of time evidence of that use stays in the body. They;re included in my comment also.

Sorry to spoil your party...

I have no car and no motorcycle. So anytime I have been drunk, I have been in the bank of a taxi.

And while I have enjoyed the occasional herb back home, I have never and would never partake of any illegal substance here in Thailand. I like living here too much to risk the potential legal issues and/or blacklisting.

And even at home, I never drove a vehicle while I was intoxicated, for fear of harming myself, smashing my vehicle, or going to jail. Wish I could say I cared about the other drivers on the road, but I am being honest when I state it was due to my own selfish interest.

This driver, whether under the influence or not, clearly endangered everyone on the road, and killed two people. He should be punished as such. As should anyone doing the same.

What amazes me is that these folks are wealthy enough to purchase a Mercedes and hire a driver, so they could sit in the back with their iPad and enjoy the ride. That's what I would be doing for sure. For those who need to feel the speed and power of their awesome vehicle, there are closed courses for that experience, which are far more fun than dealing with traffic.

What is common between the US and Thailand is the universal influence of money - spoiled, corrupt, self-importance for most.

" Police lacked his consent ", so was that because he was never asked, he refused which legally he can't or did a doctor certify he was not medically fit to be tested ?

As usual more questions than answers and surprise surprise senior officers talking at cross-purposes. The BIB have a foul reputation which they do nothing to improve and even when they do get things right it's hard to believe them and their own presentation doesn't help.

Brewery Alcohol Fueled Party Organisation comes readily to mind but the galling aspect is that so often the supposed incompetence is actually by those acting deliberately.

All your questions have been answered already. More questions than answers only means you're not up to speed.

So you accept all the answers and that's that ? !

The various powers that be here must love people who accept everything they say at the first attempt.

There are a lot less of those around now than there were in 2013 thanks to the social media..

What a joke this is. 15 days later?? Really??

I hope this goes viral in the media as it is ,keystone Cops at the least , it is a mockery of the law , an insult to all with all any amount of brain power.

He refused a blood test on the night he can not say ok do one now, could any one else do this 15 days later???

This is the sickest thing I have ever seen from the Thai Police.

Condoning murder.

The B2 have no hope, money casn buy you a policeman and a judge.

The Government now a farce.

Imbeciles.

i think u rate them too highly

Going through the motions. 15 days have passed and his blood test will pass to. Its all a joke a sideshow. Who the H do they think they are kidding. Doing a blood test now only adds to the long list of stupidity in this case.

This bozo tells them he doesn't want to take a test now and then consents 15 days later and the police are okay with this. yet the police stop farangs in the street and make them piss in a cup - in the street - and there's no contesting this? This.. sums up Thailand's elite and the police's fawning attitudes to them These are the same people pulling the strings of the PM and it's junta and people here on TV still believe the result of the coup is preferable to the freely elected governments? Kill somebody? Got some wealth? Off you trot then. Sickening

I think, too much emphasis on this worthless excuse for a human and the

police methods to deal with him, rather than the two young people who will

never experience the full lives that were ripped out from under them.

The only word I can think of is ... Reprehensible!

I believe that when I first came here about thirty years ago being drunk used to be a mitigating circumstance. Having seen the video the prima face case is that he was driving dangerously and two innocent people died, if society accepts that he can buy his way out then that is what will happen.

In all countries there are people of privilege. Any one who thinks there is not is an idiot, or just a dreamer.

TV commentators here seem to enjoy claiming it is more just back home,and we are intellegent than these Thais. All that supports is they are either ignorant or chose to pretend to be blind to the facts back home.

I love to read examples, the mind set of the patriotic expats here, or is it just their arrogance.

nah I guess its more your stupidity................well u did ask

I believe that when I first came here about thirty years ago being drunk used to be a mitigating circumstance. Having seen the video the prima face case is that he was driving dangerously and two innocent people died, if society accepts that he can buy his way out then that is what will happen.

In my estimation it would be better for him if he did prove to be hopped up on coke or something. Because anybody who would drive like that with a clear mind is likely a psychopath and needs to be permanently separated from the general public.

What a coup for the BIB...getting a manslaughterer to agree to a blood test...15 days after the evidence has long gone from his body!!!

Get the army in...there would have be no disagreement..he would have had instant attitude adjustment therapy!!!! TIT !!!

RIP the two innocent victims,I hope their families see justice done!

One set of laws for THEM and another for US.its very obvious

if you are rich you can get away with bloody murder,here,and

there seems to be no shame involved in this,its the status quo.

regards worgeordie

Sadly so true and demonstrated far too often. The female Thai celeb that ran into stationary police car comes to mind. No blood test because she was in state of stress. Later compensation to the widow. How would same case play out in farang world. They don't need to be like western countries but one would hope an honest and consistent justice system would apply. Regardless of wealth or nationality.

I'd suggest you are missing the point. The guy has been driving drunk. He's also driven at an estimated 190 km/hr. He's killed two people. It's a question of degree. I can remember being over the limit several times in my younger days, but I made damn sure I drove home well under the speed limit to compensate for slower reaction times.

If you don't consider the indignation is justified considering ALL the circumstances, I think your moral/ethical compass has lost its bearings.

Archived