What Happens if 6 Days Late with Renewing Extension of Time (Retirement)?

Affidavit must be signed in presence of Consular Officer - it can not be done by mail.

There might be a possibility that immigration would accept application for extension without meeting requirements and provide normal 7 days to leave and perhaps allow you to return to continue or make new application before that time expires.

I think this is a rule for American embassy ....., as I get every year my affidavit by ems , whole procedure by ems mail , but not American embassy but Belgium embassy ..., just now doing new ID card also whole by EMS mail procedure .

I very much doubt an "affidavit" can be obtained by post.

Suggest you look up the meaning of the word.

Yes. They are certifying that you signed the document in the presence of the consular officer who signed & stamped it and that you declared it to be a true statement. Obviously if it could be done by mail it would have no legal validity and, more importantly, if it could be done by mail why would anyone bother visiting the embassy or consular outreach to get it done?

Affidavit must be signed in presence of Consular Officer - it can not be done by mail.

There might be a possibility that immigration would accept application for extension without meeting requirements and provide normal 7 days to leave and perhaps allow you to return to continue or make new application before that time expires.

I think this is a rule for American embassy ....., as I get every year my affidavit by ems , whole procedure by ems mail , but not American embassy but Belgium embassy ..., just now doing new ID card also whole by EMS mail procedure .

Yes. They are certifying that you signed the document in the presence of the consular officer who signed & stamped it and that you declared it to be a true statement. Obviously if it could be done by mail it would have no legal validity and, more importantly, if it could be done by mail why would anyone bother visiting the embassy or consular outreach to get it done?

Never had a problem at jomtien5 ...., on top of that I have with me ,my statement with seal from Gov.Pension ,with sum of my annual pension payable in the year coming, and to be safe I have with me a Bank tracking record from my pension payed and the Bank transfer history .....( other than the Americans "sworn true" affidavit ....rolleyes.gif ),...... never be asked for it, and no need to show it .

Maybe Immigration should ask for it for all of us ....wink.png .....

More .....in the 8 years I have never be in my embassy , but I am officially inscribed with my embassy as living with my address in Thailand (3 years now), and left Belgium officially with confirming documents from last city administration .If some not do like this ,no other documents can be processed, unless a paper replacing passport if lost ,only temp.valid and only for return back Belgium .Embassy is considered as my local city administration ..and all is done by email

Edited by david555

For the last few years Canadians are allowed to mail there affadavit's in, after being witnessed at a notary public...the embassy then mail's the income letter back...all in all about 4 days turnaround....3 last year.

Interestingly there is no "law" which allows notaries to practice legally in Thailand.

In Thailand, notaries are “Thai lawyers” with a special license given by the Thai Council of Lawyers.

For the last few years Canadians are allowed to mail there affadavit's in, after being witnessed at a notary public...the embassy then mail's the income letter back...all in all about 4 days turnaround....3 last year.

Interestingly there is no "law" which allows notaries to practice legally in Thailand.

In Thailand, notaries are “Thai lawyers” with a special license given by the Thai Council of Lawyers.

well i "think" all the notary publics are Thai Lawyers...but I'm not sure. Anyways, mine was...I've used this system for 3 years...sure beats travelling to Bkk.

What are the chances of the Embassy being willing for a consular officer exceptionally to visit the OP in person for affidavit signing purposes if he were to explain his medical circumstances to them? Would undoubtedly cost the OP extra, but he might well consider it a price worth paying if this were possible.

Income affidavit can be signed by a notary anywhere in Thailand and forwarded to your embassy with copy of notary's I.D. and bank printout of funds and money order for the fee charged. I have done this for years by mail from Kalasin. It saves me a trip to Bangkok. (Canadian Embassy)

I can only confirm that I receive that year by year that way from my Belgium embassy...no matter what the latin language say ...

attachicon.gifAffidavit Hidden 2015 jpg.jpg

How does this help the OP sine he is an American

Income affidavit can be signed by a notary anywhere in Thailand and forwarded to your embassy with copy of notary's I.D. and bank printout of funds and money order for the fee charged. I have done this for years by mail from Kalasin. It saves me a trip to Bangkok. (Canadian Embassy)

As far as I know only the Canadian embassy allows that.

The US and Australian embassies certainly don't.

• 3 years later...
8 hours ago, triffid said:

Sorry to be lazy in putting this over-simple question onto this old and complicated thread, but is it the case that no delay whatsoever is permitted beyond the stated extension expiry date?

There is no delay allowed when a permit to stay ends. When it ends and you stay in the country your on a overstay.

The fine is 500 baht per day for an overstay.