Police arrest Thai bodybuilder wanted for torturing girlfriend

Jonathan Fairfield

Police arrest Thai bodybuilder wanted for torturing girlfriend

Thaivisa Reporters

post-137452-0-48050700-1459432191_thumb.

Image: Thairath

BANGKOK:-- Police have made a quick arrest in the case of the former Thai national team body builder wanted for violently attacking his girlfriend and stubbing cigarettes out on her face, reports Thaivisa News.

A tip off from another potential victim led to the police arresting 36 year old Thanamet Khojana after he fled the Ramkhamhaeng area of Bangkok. He was apprehended in a joint operation by Chiang Rai and Hua Mark police in conjunction with the Paweena Foundation for abused children and women.

Thanamet said that his jealous rage was fueled by the understanding that his girlfriend was also friends with a foreign man.

The unnamed victim, a fourth year student at a famous Bangkok university, was left with grievous injuries including a burst lung and broken ribs after being kicked to the ground in a violent and jealous attack. Cigarettes were also stubbed out in her face and she was imprisoned for two days before managing to escape.

Paweena Hongsakul, whose name the foundation that helped catch Thanamet bears, said that a kind member of the public contacted her to help track him down. ""Boom" in Chiang Rai phoned us," she said. "She said that she had been chatting for about a year with a body builder in Bangkok. He had said he was now coming to Chiang Rai and asked her to look for a place to stay." The eagle eyed Boom recognised the wanted man on TV news. The foundation contacted the police who did the rest.

Thanamet said that he committed the assault in a fit of temper and jealousy after the girl said that she had a foreign man who was interested in her too.

In an attempt at mitigation he said that after the assault he had bought dressings and medicine at a pharmacy to help patch her up. He said there was no rape as it was consensual sex. He said he fled to look for money in anticipation of fighting the case.

He apologised to the girls's parents.

Police spokesman Sanit Mahathaworn said that Thanamet would be charged with attempted murder and causing grevious bodily harm. A search of his lodgings had revealed a long "sparta" knife. He believed that the accused man may be responsible for other related crimes with victims too scared to come foward.

He warned people to be very careful about forming relationships and trusting people they meet online.

tvn.png
-- 2016-03-31

Before the girl in question was a cleaning lady and now she is his girlfriend. Strange that it differs from the first story. But what does not differ is the violence.

Good that they caught him hope they can make a case against him and put him in jail for a long time.

There is no excuse for violence against any woman.

She was friends with a foreign man, so what many ladies have male friends.

Stubbing cigarettes out on her face bloody animal.

Police want to stub out cigarettes out on his face, see if he likes it.

Lets hope they keep him locked up,as Boom could be very worried if they don't,

as he will now know that she was the one that lead police too him,and been a

psycho,he will most likely look for revenge.

regards worgeordie

Lets hope they keep him locked up,as Boom could be very worried if they don't,

as he will now know that she was the one that lead police too him,and been a

psycho,he will most likely look for revenge.

regards worgeordie

Yes.. kinda careless to mention her name in the press. Should have kept that secret though he might have figured it out.

"He believed that the accused man may be responsible for other related crimes with victims too scared to come forward."

A jealous rage violent attack, does not fit this person's behaviour at all. Jealous rage is a fleeting thing, after which he could easily have called the ambulance and police, admitted the assault, and prayed for the girl's recovery.

He beat her almost to death, then chained her up, and watched her suffer for two days. This is psychopathic serial-killer behaviour. If I were the police, I would be checking his internet history and searching his apartment for DNA and "trinkets" kept from previous victims.

The fact that he was already looking for the next victim, coupled with the imprisonment of a dying girl, would lend to the theory that this was not his first victim, and would not have been his last, had it not been for the incredible strength and courage of this brave woman. I continue to pray for her recovery, and I admire her bravery beyond words.

I don't agree that there is no excuse for violence against any women. I have been attacked twice by a knife wielding woman, do you think I should defend myself or not? If I didn't I would probably not be around today.

I agree that stubbing cigarettes out on her face is disgusting and intolerable behaviour.

"Thanamet said that his jealous rage was fueled by the understanding that his girlfriend was also friends with a foreign man."

Aaaah, that's the explanation and we can blame it on that, so all is ok, right? Understandable, a pat on the back from an "understanding officer"???

Crackdown on foreign man, who have the insolence to be friends with Thai women, perhaps???

When will the Thai society wake up and really do something to fight domestic abuse among Thais and show Thai men that the times are over where they can simply have it their way and use and abuse women and children whenever and in any way they want? When will the fingerpointing at foreigners for Thailand's striving sex industry stop and officials invest their time into investigating all the sleazy Mama San places where children are sold to Chinese/Thai businessmen, places that a common foreign expat, letting alone a tourist will never see?

Perhaps I am too demanding... I however hope that this sorry wannabe Schwarzenegger Rambo copy is punished to the full extend of the law. Would be great to see this guy dying of STD after getting buttraped by his fellow inmates...

.....with one she was 'cleaning'.....

...with the other she was 'talking'......

..infidelity and violence seem to be 'the order of the day'......

...and more of this 'famous university'.....like it is supposed to mean something...

...pretty sickening all around....

Domestic violence is not an individual problem in Thailand- its acceptance by the society is sick.

On average there are 87 cases of sexual violence against women and children per day in Thailand - about one case every 15 minutes. Officially, the number of such cases in 2013 is 31.866.

It applies acceptable to 63 percent of the population if the friend or husband beats his partner. 44 percent of Thai women have already experienced beatings and sexual violence.

According to a study by the National Statistical Office (NSO) and UNICEF in 27,000 households in November 2012 13.1 percent of women and girls between 15 and 49 years, believe that the husband or partner has the right to beat them.

The maximum penalty for domestic violence is 6,000 baht or 6 months imprisonment. In 2012, there were only 10 convictions. Thailand is at 2nd place among 49 countries in the category of domestic violence.

Domestic violence is not an individual problem in Thailand- its acceptance by the society is sick.

On average there are 87 cases of sexual violence against women and children per day in Thailand - about one case every 15 minutes. Officially, the number of such cases in 2013 is 31.866.

It applies acceptable to 63 percent of the population if the friend or husband beats his partner. 44 percent of Thai women have already experienced beatings and sexual violence.

According to a study by the National Statistical Office (NSO) and UNICEF in 27,000 households in November 2012 13.1 percent of women and girls between 15 and 49 years, believe that the husband or partner has the right to beat them.

The maximum penalty for domestic violence is 6,000 baht or 6 months imprisonment. In 2012, there were only 10 convictions. Thailand is at 2nd place among 49 countries in the category of domestic violence.

Yes and its all caused by roid rage (according to some posters) Not because some people are just sick in the mind and it is here more acceptable.

I don't agree that there is no excuse for violence against any women. I have been attacked twice by a knife wielding woman, do you think I should defend myself or not? If I didn't I would probably not be around today.

I agree that stubbing cigarettes out on her face is disgusting and intolerable behaviour.

Go back to sleep.

Women beaters should be lashed to a post in a public park and whipped with a cat of 9 tails and left bleeding for the night! Then dragged off to a prison and thrown in a cell with violent offenders for one year, with a tattoo across their forehead announcing, "I beat women." The fine should be the total medical bills + 10, for punitive damages for pain and suffering, paid immediately if possible.

Foreigners who date Thai citizens should assume for safety precautions they have a Thai husband, friend, or lover that may want to hurt them. Always ask questions and if they hesitate be careful. If admitted, or if I get a harassing phone call I move on.

With retreating economies, when people who lose it all, they are more apt to lose it with violence.?

Be very careful now. Just because she is in a bar does not mean she is not married with children and the husband is watching her.

All a husband has to do is tell all his friends to keep an eye on her. When a friend spots her, click with the cell camera and a cell message to the husband with the location on Google map! It happens now more than people realize. Women utilize the same system.

As a woman once told me here, I have more eyes on you than in a pineapple.?

Something wrong with his neck muscles, he can't lift his head up.

Hope he gets jailed for a very long time.

He's reflecting on the size of his wee wee, which is probably why this whole incident happened in the first place.

I am glad that he has been arrested, If this guy were to get a bit of jail time

it would do his inflated ego some good. Maybe he would have a few more bruises

when he got out again, and maybe learn in prison that he is not the only guy

with anger issues. I am glad that this woman did not get killed by this jerk.

Jealousy is a monster, but it is not worth losing your living and your reputation

over. I wonder if this guy has some friends and relatives who will give him

some good advice.

Geezer

Archived