Social figures up in arms as body art goes corporate with company logo tattoos

webfact

Social figures up in arms as body art goes corporate with company logo tattoos
Thaivisa News

s1.jpg

BANGKOK:-: Reaction has been swift to a new style of publicity campaign that has seen young attractive people brand their bodies with corporate tattoos, with company logos featuring prominently on their faces, foreheads and anywhere else the eyes may wander.

The campaign, brokered by The Sponsorship Experts - Paul Poole (South East Asia) Co., Ltd, has prompted an outpouring of complaints from concerned parents and leading university staff.

“We can’t have this. It’s ridiculous,” said one parent, who asked not to be named for fear of publicly identifying his son. “How can my child go around for the rest of his life bearing a company logo on his body?”

One mother, proud of her daughter’s assets, felt likewise. “Imagine her husband on her wedding night. All he will be thinking of is [company name removed],” she said.

One staffer at a respected local university told The Phuket News that faculty members had expressed sincere concern that the popularity of the “body logo” tattoos would skyrocket as students seek new ways paying their tuition fees.

s2.jpg

However, Paul Poole, founder of The Sponsorship Experts - Paul Poole (South East Asia) Co., Ltd noted that the campaign was still in its infancy, and that selection of candidates was a precise process.

“Prominence and corporate alignment is key,” said Mr Poole. “The concept is for the brand to be seen by as many people in target markets as possible.

“So we have to choose the right kind of people to promote the right kind of brand, and that’s what we do well... matching the right clients with the right exposure,” he said.

As brand ambassadors, the people selected must physically match the representation sought by the company whose logo they will carry.

“Motorbike brands are proving popular with young men, while young women taking part in the campaign are more partial to promoting women’s products,” explained Mr Poole.

“But they must match. For example, there is no point on having a tattoo of a fast-food company located on, say, an inner thigh, when any persons likely to see that logo is not likely to be thinking of hamburger when they see it,” he added.

s3.jpg

tvn.png
-- 2016-04-01

Parents are "Up-In-Arms" cheesy.gif

Are these the same parents that give their 14 year olds motor bikes ?

And the mother that's proud of her daughter’s assets cheesy.gif concerned what hubby might think on the wedding night.

These parents need to prioritize the concerns they have.

One mother, proud of her daughters assets, felt likewise. Imagine her husband on her wedding night. All he will be thinking of is [company name removed], she said.

I can categorically assure Khun Mere that her daughter could have " You can't get better than a Quik Fit fitter" or " Just one Cornetto, give it to me" tattooed on her rear ( ooer missus) and it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference.

I don't know! If I saw a tattoo on a woman's upper thigh with a burger King logo. I might be thinking of a whopper or a fish sandwich! Hehee

I'd be thinking there's a promotion on a new furburger licklips.gif

The following slogans are available for sponsorship:

Nibble Nobby's Nuts

Good to the last drop

Where's the beef?

Melts in your mouth, not in your hands

It takes a licking and keeps on ticking

Just do it

and ...

Let your fingers do the walking

Archived