Thai CDC scrambles to publish summaries of draft constitution

webfact

CDC scrambles to publish summaries of draft constitution

BANGKOK, 1 April 2016 (NNT) – The Constitution Drafting Committee (CDC) has scrambled to publish summaries of a draft constitution and cartoons describing its content so that they will be submitted to the Election Commission (EC).

The summaries and cartoons on the draft charter will be distributed by the polling agency to the public within 15 days. The summaries of the draft constitution must be submitted on or before April 13, 2016.

The CDC will publicly clarify the summaries before a nationwide public referendum to vote on the draft charter scheduled for August 7.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-04-01 footer_n.gif

A summary of the Constitution will only be generalized and can hide many details that would make people be against it.

But to make cartoons to explain it, shows the education and mentality that the gov perceives of its people. Make them like the cartoon and they will pass the law hehee... Only in Thailand. You could not make this stuff up.

A summary??? Cartoons???? this really shows what the Junta and the ruling elite think of their people, a bunch of ignorants. Just another piece of fuel to fire the simmerings of the people. Too much can and will be hidden in a summary. Not appropriate, publish the entire constitution or it more than likely will be voted out again.

I read thai probably a slight notch above many country bumpkin.

It was a mission just to get through the human rights, the sections are so long and drawn out. I have not even attempted the political and judicial sections. I was able to read and understand the 1997 constitution in a few hours. The 2015 constitution is certainly not a document the average thai could comprehend. The cartoon idea is reasonable and essential.

However,how much of a 105 page mini novel can fit into a cartoon. Possibly they will need 3 volumes of cartoon just to explain 1 section.

Archived