US activists try to calm fears over transgender bathroom access

webfact

The common in common sense represents in this case, the mundane and the ignorance of common men who do not understand LGBT people and who have psychological difficulties with the idea of gender non conformism (the idea of chopping off the penis really frightens such common men) and also a weird perspective of what bathrooms are for. This issue requires exceptional sense, not common sense and such exceptional sense is sadly lacking with the right wing transphobes who keep telling trans people who they are and how they should act.

Like a lost boy in the woods, some just circling back to the same spot.

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With all the problems in the world who cares where a chick with a dick ,sh__ts

This is nothing to do with where men go to poo. It is a political stunt, designed to take people's attention off what is going on that they ( the establishment ) don't want you to know about. It has always been so.

Of all the meaningless, manufactured, idiotic things to make into an issue, couldn't do better than allowing men into bathrooms with young girls to create an uproar. Worked too, didn't it?

Any male that does not have a child/daughter should preclude themselves from this discussion - this is something you dont understand (yet).

Anyone who is not LGBT should preclude themselves from this discussion - this is something you just don't understand. (and will never)

I assume ( hope ) you are trying to make a point with that and not being serious. Of course saying no one that didn't produce a child genetically their own can contribute is silly. I've been around enough rug rats in my life to know as much as if I had one of my own, plus I'm not blinded by that affliction parents have, of being blind to their own child's faults.

BTW, if this thread was confined to LGBT people there would be very little going on. LGBT make up only a small fraction of the wider population, and I doubt there is a preponderance of LGBT on TV. Of course, as LOS has a lot of ladyboys, there are no doubt a fair few posters that walk on the wild side biggrin.png .

Good luck to her with her job search.thumbsup.gif

If she's a poor fit for the ACLU, so be it.

Nope.

She is a perfect fit for what the ACLU should be.

She is not a fringe leftie. She has drawn a line based on protecting her children.

Of course the fringe lefties probably think these children are bigots.

How many children do you have JT?

Yes, the thought of male genitalia in girls' locker rooms - and vice versa - might be distressing to some. But the battle for equality has always been in part about overcoming discomfort - with blacks sharing facilities, with gays sharing marriage - then realizing that it was not nearly so awful as some people imagined.

-- from an editorial by the Charlotte Observer

http://patterico.com/2016/05/19/charlotte-observer-male-genitalia-in-girls-locker-rooms-overcome-your-discomfort-girls/

These people are insane! facepalm.gif

When this has been sorted ,I just wonder what will come next ,who will think that they are being made unequal,not much left to complain about,hardly any minorities left to feel "outraged"

And that my friend is exactly the problem. Unless this whole PC driven leftwing agenda is stopped - it will never stop.

Right now being nude in public is illegal . What's to say that in the future some minority nude-loving group, who currently practices this 'alternative' lifestyle only on secluded camps, uses the human rights and discrimination laws to force everyone else to accept their 'individuality' and to stop discriminating against them by forcing them to wear clothes.

Pandora's Box - and it is time to close the lid people. Vote Trump :)

When this has been sorted ,I just wonder what will come next ,who will think that they are being made unequal,not much left to complain about,hardly any minorities left to feel "outraged"

And that my friend is exactly the problem. Unless this whole PC driven leftwing agenda is stopped - it will never stop.

Right now being nude in public is illegal . What's to say that in the future some minority nude-loving group, who currently practices this 'alternative' lifestyle only on secluded camps, uses the human rights and discrimination laws to force everyone else to accept their 'individuality' and to stop discriminating against them by forcing them to wear clothes.

Pandora's Box - and it is time to close the lid people. Vote Trump smile.png

Each potential issue will be dealt with on it's merits.

The core of your argument was used against legalizing interracial marriage.

Also gay marriage. It was argued, what next ... OK to marry your dog? No, it's not. Just a right wing scare tactic.

It's the classic fake argument of anti-civil rights forces.

^

A big hairy man in the womens bathroom is more than a 'scare tactic' facepalm.gif

Actually what is more scary is the thought of your average western guy in a dress ,hoisting it up and peeing in the next stall to you biggrin.png not a nice thought as most look like a guy in a dress ,rather than like a real woman here in Thailand .

Pandora's Box - and it is time to close the lid people. Vote Trump smile.png

Each potential issue will be dealt with on it's merits.

The core of your argument was used against legalizing interracial marriage.

Also gay marriage. It was argued, what next ... OK to marry your dog? No, it's not. Just a right wing scare tactic.

It's the classic fake argument of anti-civil rights forces.

Oh come on Jingthing , there is always going to be someone who is "outraged" by something and then a load of rabble rousers with nothing better to do will jump on the bandwagon .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This ad will run during the republican (the party that trump did a hostile takeover of) party convention next week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNwVrWGQneg

So? What is your point? Other than managing to mention Trump OFF TOPIC OFF TOPIC OFF TOPIC in another thread that has nothing to do with Trump, it seems like a perfectly benign ad, and doesn't mention the GOP. Other than that the actor wears black nail polish ( yuch ) it's not going to stir any anti anything sentiment, let alone anti GOP.

Grasping and straws come to mind.

Archived