Thoughts on investing on land in Krabi?

mike324

No no, the highest I've ever seen it was around 11baht/kilo ! at 30 baht all local farmers would be driving BMW's smile.png

Maybe you are talking about the palm future contracts traded on the Malaysian exchange. Usually price ranges between 3 to 5baht/kilo for the raw product

If interested in long term investment, you should buy land with palm trees on it. Apart from the land price going up throughout the years, you'll get an additional ROI with the palm trees of approx. 3% (Depending on how cheap or expensive you've bought the land).

It's what I did with 28 rai and it works out really well

Same here with 50 rai, yet I have to disagree on the ROI, ours is more around 7 to 9% depending on the season.

That's something I would like to see with my own eyes! I was talking about the overall ROI on a year to year basis. If I just pick out the best months of the year, I'll even over 15% as well. But these are not the figures to calculate with. After all costs, a 3 to 4 % ROI (Chanote land) is a realistic figure.

I think you should look at the trends in tourist arrivals. I know in Chiang Mai 1,000,000 Chinese came last year this year 25% increase if it keeps up at that pace ,Northern Thailand will become a Chinese province. Chinese buy and never sell hold on much longer than normal investors look at Australia they buy and hold. The big beach tourist are no showing up any more in my opinion. That is why price in the beach area are not keeping pace with other areas. i know that 66 tal wan in Chiang mai land locked small pathway no road traffic ,no walking traffic use to be a dojo just sold for 7 million baht. The greatest land appreciation in coming years will be in northern Thailand because of the Chinese they are only 400km away and they do not do beaches no sun for them. hope that helps

So how are Chinese buying land?

Made an exact calculation here, land price - yearly gross income of palm - fertilizer costs + labor costs and I end up at 7.6% YoY .

Then, you must have bought the land quite cheaply. Of course, the ROI depends on the price you've paid for it.

I guess, you paid no more than 120.000 Baht per Rai?

Indeed we bought the land quite a few years ago and made a good deal on it.

Regarding 3 to 4%, several financial instruments available - just have a look at some stocks with decent dividend yield - or contact your bank abroad I'm sure they can put a package together yielding just about that. I will not go into details on a public forum about personal returns but I know for a fact that if you have a decent amount to invest, banks or other institutions can put packages together depending on the risk you want to take.

Archived