Swede, 39, dead killed riding Ducati on road trip South

webfact

Swede, 39, dead killed riding Ducati on road trip South
Thaivisa Reporters

swe.jpg
Image: Dailynews

SURAT THANI:-- A Swedish man on a bike road trip with friends from Hua Hin to Samui didn't make his final destination. He lost control on his Ducati and ended up dead in a ditch.

The accident happened as the 39 year old man [name withheld] lost control of his big bike on the Donsak - Ban Nai road in Surat Thani province on Monday.

Police and rescue workers called to the scene found the lifeless body with head injuries, a broken neck and fractured ankle. His bike with no registration plate lay in a heap nearby.

Apparently he had left Huan Hin with seven others on the trip between the two holiday areas in the south of Thailand. Witnesses said he was going very fast and lost control.

The first public comment on the Daily News online site about the accident said: "Fair enough, this resulted from his own negligence. If it had involved an innocent party that would have been sad."

tvn.png
-- 2016-04-05

Sadly, many guys who knows nothing about bike riding, comes to places like Thailand and rent the biggest

macho bike they can find, and proceeds to ride it thinking that all you have to do is squeeze the accelerator

and away you go... I'm not saying that this is the case here, but it sound like it.....

39.......uggggg......really young. tens of thousands of good times missed......very sad

i have gone 50 mph plus on a pedal bike, and unfortunately i'm not sure EXACTLY what age is too old to be doing that

i'm guessing 55. i hope i'm not wrong. everyone is different

39 is a good age to try everything.....sorry it ended this way

If you want to ride big bikes at high speeds go to the race track.

Sadly like most things here with the continued rise in the number of expat and local big bike riders and ever more powerful bikes becoming available this will continue.

Bad roads,a lack of riding skills and complete disdain for other road users often ends in the above.

Thailand has lots to offer motorbike riders,there are some stunning mountain roads and rural roads to be discovered but there are many hidden dangers involved getting to such locations and exploring them.

I'm all for big bikes but laws need to be implemented to aid expat and local riders alike to ensure they are capable of riding high powered machines.

A sad way to go.

You never hear Japanese, who make the fastest bikes in the world, dying in Thailand roads...Its always other Asians, or farangs. Even in Japan, drivers are so decent. Japan has least road accidents in the world but they make the fastest bikes.

aka...Don't blame the bikes but the rider..A japanese man never shows off his bike "skills" in Thailand...They have so much respect for others as well as themselves. LEARN from Them

Sadly like most things here with the continued rise in the number of expat and local big bike riders and ever more powerful bikes becoming available this will continue.

Bad roads,a lack of riding skills and complete disdain for other road users often ends in the above.

Thailand has lots to offer motorbike riders,there are some stunning mountain roads and rural roads to be discovered but there are many hidden dangers involved getting to such locations and exploring them.

I'm all for big bikes but laws need to be implemented to aid expat and local riders alike to ensure they are capable of riding high powered machines.

A sad way to go.

A lot of stationary hard objects to hit on a track too though. Fair enough it's a more controlled environment but in turn you tend to take more risks.

Most important lesson to take from something like this is ride to the conditions and most importantly your skill level.

I've owned big bikes before but won't buy one here. The temptation to over-ride the conditions here are just too great... It's me and I know I can't resist so it's just the scooter to keep me alive.....and putting along...

i love my big bikes, had them all, but living here now, i still look at bikes for sale, then reality kicks in.seen to many idiot car drivers, someone is going to kill me, so no motorbike for me here.

Big bikes are dangerous no matter who rides them.

Big cars are dangerous, no matter who drives them! Have experience in riding big bikes? I have - fifty years worth, and still riding. It is not the big bikes that kill - it's the riders and their mentality - and more definitely, other road users!

May he RIP

The majority of my accidents have been at the track. I wonder what the accident statistics are equal track time to street riding.

I haven't heard any definitive details of this accident but being a Ducati might have been mechanical failure.

So many Europeans with no motorbike experience at all come here and rent or buy a big and fast bike.Then try to prove they are Valentino Rossi reborn.At least he the only one hurt here.

I didn't see in the article that the bike was rented or the deceased had no motorbike experience.

could you be kind enough to post a link to these.

RIP to the rider,,,

big bikes speed as do cars, a bit ironic some car drivers on here laying down the laws to the bikers,, I drive a car and ride my bike, admittedly I sometimes forget myself and let loose on both,,, whilst the majority of bikers would honestly admit to occasionally using excess speed, but somehow some motorists want us to believe they adhere to the legal limits at all times, I call that crap, c'mon guys you're not all choirboys all of the time,,

RIP:(

and shame for the disrespectful posters wishing death to big bike riders or assuming things about the deceased plus demanding others to fit a certain mold! If you want safety go back to your home country! Thailand is not for you.

you have no chance to demand anything from others on what they need to do.

Why did the bike have no number plate? Sad he died but the Ducati is not for people who think they are macho

Maybe it's a new bike hence no number plate. Sometimes it takes 2 months to get one.

I've always wondered how people know other people's state of mind (think they are machol

Why did the bike have no number plate? Sad he died but the Ducati is not for people who think they are macho

Maybe it's a new bike hence no number plate. Sometimes it takes 2 months to get one.

I've always wondered how people know other people's state of mind (think they are machol

Bikes I have bought and guys I know, the bikes have a red late same as a car. If you cant red people you going to have a tough time out here. No helmet does not say he was a long time bike rider. I assume you re from the USA. Are you allowed to ride a bike without a helmet over there? If so it would account for a lot

A sad way to go.

if i want to ride my big bikes at any speed ill ride them where i like. we dont need pratronising idiots to tell us what to do.maybe we should come round to yours and tell you how to live your life. had many divorces? ever ridden a bike?
No you don't Tommy.......you can ride your big bikes at any speed you like but only on a race track.

It's not patronising....it's plain fact that you don't ride your big bikes at any fr**gin speed you like when there are other road users around you.

Speed god are we? What are your biking credentials Tommy?

I've ridden near to half a million kilometres....all of Europe(many countries multiple times), South Africe, India, all 49 US states (some 3-4 times)....all of Canada....nearly every track circuit in Europe. That's where I ride my fr**gin' big bikes at speeds to 300 kmh.

Try it Tommy....it may wake you up.

I've lost friends to bike accidents....I've seen my fair share of horrific and fatal accidents with bikes.

Guys like you with not a fr*g for anyone else get bikers, real bikers, a bad name.

My sincere condolences and sympathies to this guys family.

Bikes I have bought and guys I know, the bikes have a red late same as a car. If you cant red people you going to have a tough time out here. No helmet does not say he was a long time bike rider. I assume you re from the USA. Are you allowed to ride a bike without a helmet over there? If so it would account for a lot

Well all bikes i purchased in Bangkok dont come with red plates. Maybe your guys purchased in another part of Thailand...

So are you saying the deceased wasn't wearing a helmet? I am pro helmet but seems i missed that part of the story.

Some provinces issues red plates, some don't. In Bkk for eg, you do not get a red plate for a bike.

Do you infer that his head injuries are a result of not wearing a helmet? It does not say in the OP as to whether he was wearing a helmet or not.

Big bikes are dangerous no matter who rides them.

No more dangerous than scooters, if you ask me. It's not what you ride, it's how you ride

Okay, may I say something?

I had a Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R, a very fast bike here in Pattaya for a few years, now sold.

The problems over here are; Idiots who pull out in front of me, cut me off on corners, other vehicles who have no respect for me, sand wash off on corners after rain, potholes on high speed roads, stupid drivers with no licences or driving skills and of course drunks.

Every skilled driver knows that before starting a big bike, you put your mind ihn gear etc for great safe driving.

So to finsh, after several years of chaos driving a big bike I decided enoughs enough and now have a no gears putter along PCX.

Enjoy riding but stay alive!

In bangkok, no red plates given to motorbikes.

what a sad incident this is, again patience for his family.

A sad way to go.

if i want to ride my big bikes at any speed ill ride them where i like. we dont need pratronising idiots to tell us what to do.maybe we should come round to yours and tell you how to live your life. had many divorces? ever ridden a bike?
No you don't Tommy.......you can ride your big bikes at any speed you like but only on a race track.

It's not patronising....it's plain fact that you don't ride your big bikes at any fr**gin speed you like when there are other road users around you.

Speed god are we? What are your biking credentials Tommy?

I've ridden near to half a million kilometres....all of Europe(many countries multiple times), South Africe, India, all 49 US states (some 3-4 times)....all of Canada....nearly every track circuit in Europe. That's where I ride my fr**gin' big bikes at speeds to 300 kmh.
Try it Tommy....it may wake you up.

I've lost friends to bike accidents....I've seen my fair share of horrific and fatal accidents with bikes.
Guys like you with not a fr*g for anyone else get bikers, real bikers, a bad name.

My sincere condolences and sympathies to this guys family.

so if we ride what?

you will come and fine us or beat us with a stick or let us sit on the naughty stool?

i also lost many friends and maybe did a million kms too. but most friends that i lost due to some idiots cutting the roads or doing an illegal u turn.

please try to reflect your feelings towards stupid car, truck drivers not riders.

Archived