Headless corpse washes up on Trat beach - police expect murder of foreigner

webfact

Headless corpse washes up on Trat beach - police expect murder of foreigner
Thaivisa Reporters

trat.jpg
Image: Khaosod.co.th

TRAT:-- A fisherman made a gruesome discovery on an idyllic Trat beach Monday - he found the headless corpse of a man.

Anucha Tawinwong was collecting rubbish on the Sai Ngern beach at Laem Klat when he thought he saw a dolphin that had been washed up. But it was a man with no head and no arms that police suspect was a victim of murder.

While police and medics were carrying out an initial investigation of the rotted corpse, presumed dead around one month, villages found parts of a skull 300 metres down the beach.

Police said that the victim was probably a foreign worker on a fishing vessel who had been killed and thrown in the sea. Many bodies wash up on Trat beaches, they said.

They resolved to check missing persons records to see if they could find a trace of the victim found wearing just jeans and boxers.

tvn.png
-- 2016-04-05

great police work, a body with head cut off and no arms, and they SUSPECT murder., well blow me down, great detective work

After a month floating in the ocean, its not inconceivable that parts such as head and arms have decomposed to a point where they simply fall off or be eaten off.

At least the little kid on the sidecar gets a good look, well done 'mother'...

You will see that in Thailand, people want their children to see death as death is a part of life as Buddha said, no part of life should be hidden. In truth, in the West, we are terrified to see something, only to see it, it's not actually something to be afraid of, dead people don't hurt us, but through the detachment of hiding from death our whole lives we develop a great fear, it is really just fear of the unknown and once you have seen a few dead people the fear goes away.

An unpixellated photo in other Thai media shows that the legs were clean to the bone after this estimated month in the sea

Head, feet and hands are the first parts to 'drop off' after such immersion. And of course there are fish...

No mention in this roughly translated article or other Thai media that the head was "cut off" as mercman24 claims in post 2

The person may have been murdered and thrown overboard intact; he could have fallen overboard and drowned; we don't know, do we?

I am really not able to understand this without a picture of at least two policeman and perhaps the guy that found the body pointing at it.

Pointing is for criminals, it is a way to plead guilty to a crime at the first instance.

An unpixellated photo in other Thai media shows that the legs were clean to the bone after this estimated month in the sea

Head, feet and hands are the first parts to 'drop off' after such immersion. And of course there are fish...

No mention in this roughly translated article or other Thai media that the head was "cut off" as mercman24 claims in post 2

The person may have been murdered and thrown overboard intact; he could have fallen overboard and drowned; we don't know, do we?

Thank you. One post makes an assumption and then the rumourists run with it- examples below.

Never a murder suicide must be the line of thought for police on this case reenactment should be interesting

I wonder whether he cut his head or arms off first while committing suicide?

Sick I know.

They suspect murder? Seriously? be pretty damned hard to cut your own head off me thinks.But having said that,TIT.

great police work, a body with head cut off and no arms, and they SUSPECT murder., well blow me down, great detective work

After a month floating in the ocean, its not inconceivable that parts such as head and arms have decomposed to a point where they simply fall off or be eaten off.

Absolutely right....it does get a bit boring all this slagging of the police at every opp.....on the odd occasion it might be refreshing to just let it pass.

At least the little kid on the sidecar gets a good look, well done 'mother'...

You will see that in Thailand, people want their children to see death as death is a part of life as Buddha said, no part of life should be hidden. In truth, in the West, we are terrified to see something, only to see it, it's not actually something to be afraid of, dead people don't hurt us, but through the detachment of hiding from death our whole lives we develop a great fear, it is really just fear of the unknown and once you have seen a few dead people the fear goes away.

I don't think a murder victim, headless, armless,and has been decomposing for a month at sea is worth showing anybody! certainly not children! (pictulated photo's) I can see two juveniles in the photo. It must be those Cambodians again!

I'm not scared of the dozen or so dead people I've tried to help or handled, I just prey and shed a tear....... ( I'm not in the rescue service)

'... it was a man with no head and no arms that police suspect was a victim of murder.' They're reserving judgement, then, on it being a suicide.

If he did come off a fishing boat , then no need for him to have been paid off, just thrown off.wai2.gif

Archived