Police seize 1.2 tons of ganja in north Thailand but Laotian gang escape

webfact

Police seize 1.2 tons of ganja in north Thailand but Laotian gang escape
Thaivisa Reporters

g.jpg
Image: Khaosod.co.th

BUENG KAN:-- Police made a massive ganja bust in the far north east but more than two dozen drug henchmen managed to flee back to Laos. A total of 1.2 tons of marijuana worth 25 million baht was seized.

The drama happened Tuesday on the banks of the Mekhong river in Bueng Kan province that borders Laos.

Acting on a tip off a large force of police and soldiers intercepted boats that had crossed over the border.

Some 20 warning shots were fired into the air to help protect the advancing officers but these alerted the gang who were beginning to unload the compressed drugs into an Isuzu pickup.

Some thirty drug members managed to escape in two boats in the confusion disappearing back from whence they came.

But officers said the massive haul that represented "a historical amount" for the province.

Authorities said that they suspected the drugs, packed in a new way with original markings, were probably destined for the central region and then shipment abroad.

tvn.png
-- 2016-04-06

How many police ? not one but thirty odd highly intelligent well trained and

disciplined drug members managed to escape,

the inept poorly trained unintelligent

never new what they were doing as police officers,

combined with not understanding the tip off information they were given

being unable to coordinate with any common sense, with communications ( radios )

smart phones, boats as it was near the river,

please take them all to the re adjustment training as this lot surely needs it.

Why bother with warning shots?

So,they do not need to kill people without any reason.Where are you from originally?I think,I know..

Actions have consequences, and cross-border drug smuggling has obvious inherent risks. One of which is the likelihood of copping a bullet or three, and the odds on that are multiplied if you try to flee when busted.

BTW I'm from Oz, and I don't care what you think.

Why bother with warning shots?

So,they do not need to kill people without any reason.Where are you from originally?I think,I know..

Actions have consequences, and cross-border drug smuggling has obvious inherent risks. One of which is the likelihood of copping a bullet or three, and the odds on that are multiplied if you try to flee when busted.

BTW I'm from Oz, and I don't care what you think.

You should go back, mate.

So let me get this straight: some thirty drug smugglers were loading 1.2 tons of marijuana into a pickup truck on the Thai side of the Mekong, a large force of police was advancing on these smugglers when some moron fired some 20 warning shots into the air alerting the smugglers of the police presence, then the smugglers got in their boats and re-crossed the river...

Exactly which part caused the "confusion" that allowed them to escape??

...........a veritable 'hub'.....

....almost every day........and sometimes several times a day.........tons and tons....and millions and millions....

...........disgusting.......

...and always blaming 'the other guys'......

...utterly insane.....

Looks like a very profitable days work, and they even managed to avoid paperwork by warning the suppliers in order to let them escape. Now just repackage the stuff and move it on down the chain - a Songkran bonus.

All very convenient.

' Warning shots ' indeed as in a warning to leg it ?

This being Thailand there's little chance of accountability and the obvious question " how the ... did you manage to let a couple of dozen henchmen escape ? "

A matter of just obeying orders springs to mind.

Meanwhile, Millions of Litres of strong Alcohol has been produced today, Alcohol is a major factor in violence and crime that affects millions of people all over the globe.

I feel much safer now.

http://www.salon.com/2015/07/08/7_facts_that_prove_alcohol_is_way_more_dangerous_than_marijuana/

Alcohol is legal, pot is illegal.

So let me get this straight: some thirty drug smugglers were loading 1.2 tons of marijuana into a pickup truck on the Thai side of the Mekong, a large force of police was advancing on these smugglers when some moron fired some 20 warning shots into the air alerting the smugglers of the police presence, then the smugglers got in their boats and re-crossed the river...

Exactly which part caused the "confusion" that allowed them to escape??

No "confusion", this is how its done, all that Lao ganga, usually all" bud" will all end up in the Farang hangouts, this is a Songkran delivery where it will be sold to the farang party crowd at extortionate prices. I visited Pattaya recently, and had a stroll down walking street where I was asked if I wanted any, I didn,t, but asked the guy, tow ry gram la, reply sorng pan samrhab sib gram.......this is 10 grams unpressed....absolute rip-off......any town on the Mekong, if you have connections a kilo just as in photo can be bought for 5-8 thousand baht. jing.

Archived