Dress inappropriately or dance provocatively and face Songkran arrest, warns PM

webfact

PM warns drunk drivers and topless dancers

190_PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The effort to reduce road mishaps and encourage all Thais to celebrate the Songkran festival properly, Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha yesterday reiterated a tough measure to deal with drunk drivers, and to make on the spot arrest topless dancers on streets.

He said authorities must impound their vehicles immediately if drivers are drunk, and passengers must also cooperate by rejecting the rides on their vehicles.

He said “drivers must not drink while driving. Everyone wants to go home quickly but they could be killed travelling on their vehicles.”

He urged passengers to warn these drunk drivers and the police must stop drunk drivers.

As to the inappropriate dancing on the streets by teenagers showing their breasts, the prime minister said these topless dancers, be they real women or transvestites, they be arrested and fined.

“I order soldiers and the police to arrest all these dancers on the trucks.”

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/158452

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2016-04-06

In that case, lets have topless drivers and drunk dancers. Problem solved

I can't see any problem with what he is doing,, he is just trying to stop people from waking up the next day to find one of their kids /parents have been killed,

and topless dancers on the back of trucks can definitely distract a driver.. and drunk driving, well everyone with any brain at all, does not want that..

good on him..

Looks like you read the whole article.

Despite the fact the headline is misleading, you could also possibly forgive his lack of *understanding* of Western values based on the type of westerners Thailand is frequented by.

So, what type of westerners are Thailand predominantly frequented by??

I didn't say predominantly.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PM warns drunk drivers and topless dancers

190_PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The effort to reduce road mishaps and encourage all Thais to celebrate the Songkran festival properly, Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha yesterday reiterated a tough measure to deal with drunk drivers, and to make on the spot arrest topless dancers on streets.

He said authorities must impound their vehicles immediately if drivers are drunk, and passengers must also cooperate by rejecting the rides on their vehicles.

He said “drivers must not drink while driving. Everyone wants to go home quickly but they could be killed travelling on their vehicles.”

He urged passengers to warn these drunk drivers and the police must stop drunk drivers.

As to the inappropriate dancing on the streets by teenagers showing their breasts, the prime minister said these topless dancers, be they real women or transvestites, they be arrested and fined.

“I order soldiers and the police to arrest all these dancers on the trucks.”

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/158452

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2016-04-06

In that case, lets have topless drivers and drunk dancers. Problem solved

I can't see any problem with what he is doing,, he is just trying to stop people from waking up the next day to find one of their kids /parents have been killed,

and topless dancers on the back of trucks can definitely distract a driver.. and drunk driving, well everyone with any brain at all, does not want that..

good on him..

Looks like you read the whole article.

Despite the fact the headline is misleading, you could also possibly forgive his lack of *understanding* of Western values based on the type of westerners Thailand is frequented by.

Looks like you two drank the whole jug of Kool Aid.

When are your "I :love: Tanks R Us" T shirts going on sale?

I drink scotch, don't sell t shirts, support elected governments and don't mind if occasionally the guy unfortunately in charge wants to stop people drunk dancing in the back of a pickup half naked.

You didn't read past the headline did you?

Did he really refer to ladyboys as "type two women"? Or did something get lost in translation? Freaking hilarious!!!

It is a direct translation of the Thai expression for ladyboys,i.e.

สาว (female [unmarried]) ประเภท (category/type) สอง (2)

Western culture like half-naked lady boys, Walking Street, Pattaya...

That was my first thought. Western culture seems pretty

tame compared to the sex in your face culture that

Thailand is the world leader in. I am still positive that there

is no Thai word for hypocrisy .... cheesy.gif

I agree with the PM here. I remember 30 year ago when Songkran was a very nice festival. Only a few crazy westerners on Kao SAn road went crazy.

But what about men dancing provocatively? They should be arrested too.

Anyone throwing water without consent, especially with ice in it should be arrested.

He's right for once, it's been ruined over the past couple of decades and there's no 'fun' having buckets of water chucked at you if you are on a bike or on an open air bus, -on your way to work, hard luck some morons fun comes before that.

Archived