Songkran poll: Have over half female revellers really been groped?

webfact

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Of course, regardless of whether the poll is representative enough of Thailand at large, it’s clear that there is a problem with predatory opportunists using Songkran as an excuse for sexual harassment."

..who writes this western-style militaristic feminist slop?.....what is quite clear is that you want to do away with Songkran altogether..amongst other wonderful and freedom-like activities in Thailand. Whoever you are..take your NWO-ASEAN mentality/belief and shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

"Of course, regardless of whether the poll is representative enough of Thailand at large, its clear that there is a problem with predatory opportunists using Songkran as an excuse for sexual harassment."

..who writes this western-style militaristic feminist slop?.....what is quite clear is that you want to do away with Songkran altogether..amongst other wonderful and freedom-like activities in Thailand. Whoever you are..take your NWO-ASEAN mentality/belief and shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

Who writes this? Hmm, let's see...

I know. Someone who thinks sexual assault is wrong?

"Of course, regardless of whether the poll is representative enough of Thailand at large, its clear that there is a problem with predatory opportunists using Songkran as an excuse for sexual harassment."

bit of an exaggeration but if you stand in the rain you get wet

bit of an exaggeration but if you stand in the rain you get wet

No exaggeration at all.

Your analogy is weak and not at all applicable.

If you choose to stand in the rain, yes you get wet, but that does not give some sad sack sexual predator the excuse to assault you.

get dressed up in sexy clothes,wet T-shirt,get drunk and dance around with drunk men,what do you expect to happen

To be left to enjoy yourself in a manner of your choosing without having to fear sexual assault?

your reasoning leaves out reality

get dressed up in sexy clothes,wet T-shirt,get drunk and dance around with drunk men,what do you expect to happen

To be left to enjoy yourself in a manner of your choosing without having to fear sexual assault?

No, it shows how it should be.

Just because something happens, it does not follow that it is right or acceptable.

Nor should it be defended.

How many young ladies say they have because it's the done thing to say otherwise they aren't attractive enough for someone to want a handful ?

For #@$%'s sake.

Why <deleted>?

Forget thailand for a second, how about back home

The older they get, the less it happens, the more they complain about how awful it is women get objectified

That doesnt happen? I'm just imagining things?

We are supposed to go along with it, pretend we guys are all primates, no control over ourselves, would molest anything female no matter how butt ugly she is?

That kind of stuff is downright insulting

How many young ladies say they have because it's the done thing to say otherwise they aren't attractive enough for someone to want a handful ?

For #@$%'s sake.

Why <deleted>?

Forget thailand for a second, how about back home

The older they get, the less it happens, the more they complain about how awful it is women get objectified

That doesnt happen? I'm just imagining things?

We are supposed to go along with it, pretend we guys are all primates, no control over ourselves, would molest anything female no matter how butt ugly she is?

That kind of stuff is downright insulting

No. What you are supposed to do is accept that groping is wrong and those who do it should be prosecuted.

Just because something happens, it does not follow that it is right or acceptable.

one generally gets what one asks for,when my two step daughters go out, 20 and 15, i make sure that they are appropriately dressed and that they are with a decent set of people,the 20 year old doesn't have to obey me at her age but thankfully she does, up to now i have had no disasters happen, i want to know where they are going,who they are with and a time is set for when they come back home, that works at my house anyway.

one generally gets what one asks for,when my two step daughters go out, 20 and 15, i make sure that they are appropriately dressed and that they are with a decent set of people,the 20 year old doesn't have to obey me at her age but thankfully she does, up to now i have had no disasters happen, i want to know where they are going,who they are with and a time is set for when they come back home, that works at my house anyway.

Ah, blaming the victim.

The "they asked for it" defence. Used by rapists and sexual predators for years over.

Pathetic.

Ah, blaming the victim.

The "they asked for it" defence. Used by rapists and sexual predators for years over.

Pathetic.

No. but it is a jungle out there and one should avoid the lions, not invite them in.

I wonder how many of the girls who were allegedly groped during a Sonkran were up for the celebrations the next year and the year after?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying its right or it gives anyone the right for anyone to do it, but when people are out partying, dressed for fun, sometimes the wrong messages can be passed on.

Again, it is not a 'blame the victim' question.

What! No ankle bracelet with a GPS locator? You are a trusting person.

Every year I Songkran celebration in the village where I am the only farang.

And yes, I confirm that vicious women take this opportunity to grope me or even more...

But I still go back this year.

Pfft ! giggle.gif

Ah, blaming the victim.

Pathetic.

No. but it is a jungle out there and one should avoid the lions, not invite them in.

So avoiding the celebrations altogether, or wearing body armour is your solution then!

How about perverts keeping their hands to themselves and allowing people to go about life unmolested!

I did same with my children back when they were younger...where are going and with who..what time you comming home? They obeyed the rules for the most part. If they didn't I would take there cell phone away. That was enough of a insenative

Ah, blaming the victim.

Pathetic.

So avoiding the celebrations altogether, or wearing body armour is your solution then!

How about perverts keeping their hands to themselves and allowing people to go about life unmolested!

I live in the real world, not in a 'what should be world' and i try to protect those dear to me as best i can. I didn't say avoid celebrations or wear body armour just dress decently,behave decently and be with people you know and can trust, end of story i'm not going to argue with PC, 'castles in the sky' people.

Ah, blaming the victim.

Pathetic.

It's not a jungle. It's supposed to be a civilised society.

Ah, blaming the victim.

Pathetic.

Which part of not provoking is it that you don't understand?

Archived