BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Songkran poll: Have over half female revellers really been groped?

The reason my wife will have nothing to do with, and has nothing good to say about Songkran; is because of things that happened to her by men acting on the attitudes expressed here.

I find it hard to believe that some of you have convinced yourself, that every woman in the crowd is hoping you'll honk their boobs. Is it so difficult to imagine, based on your experience among women the rest of the year; that most women don't want you touching them anywhere at all. Why would that fact change because they came to enjoy the water fight?

Of course if all you know are whores then it is less difficult to see why you think this way.

Mmm hmmmm

How old is your wife now, and how old was she when she stopped participation in songkran in skimpy clothes?

The reason my wife will have nothing to do with, and has nothing good to say about Songkran; is because of things that happened to her by men acting on the attitudes expressed here.

I find it hard to believe that some of you have convinced yourself, that every woman in the crowd is hoping you'll honk their boobs. Is it so difficult to imagine, based on your experience among women the rest of the year; that most women don't want you touching them anywhere at all. Why would that fact change because they came to enjoy the water fight?

Of course if all you know are whores then it is less difficult to see why you think this way.

Mmm hmmmm

How old is your wife now, and how old was she when she stopped participation in songkran in skimpy clothes?

I see what you are implying. If you knew her you would think differently.

Oh Dear God . . . .please keep the feminist zealots out of print.

A few blokes who couldn't get laid in a brothel ( Thailand) like fondling women when they can get away with it and suddenly ALL men are sexual predators . . . . . . .

on the same day as France makes paying prostitutes illegal whilst accepting money for sex remains perfectly okay. So ridiculous a law that there must be a motive behind it (if anyone says to stop trafficking . . . . . . !)

Kill all Men and be done with it!!!

Really, have any of you seen a farang grabbing a woman without invitation?

I have seen local youths grab a ladyboy and pursue her pretty forcefully, like dogs after a rabbit . . .it was disturbing. Never seen a farang do it though.

Nobody said all men are sexual predators. Where did you get that from? However those who grope woman are sexual predators.

That's not feminism, it's reality.

Mmm hmmmm

I see what you are implying. If you knew her you would think differently.

You're a lot politer and exercise greater self control than I would.

I'd tell the <deleted> you're responding to that he should go <deleted> himself for making such snide comments.

Ah, blaming the victim.

The "they asked for it" defence. Used by rapists and sexual predators for years over.

Pathetic.

No. but it is a jungle out there and one should avoid the lions, not invite them in.

It's not a jungle. It's supposed to be a civilised society.

supposed being the operative word

Girls I've talked to mostly say yes...BUT also say it is Thai guys doing the groping, not foreigners.

a giant wet tee shirt contest and there are men here who say they are staying home?

cowards. :)

We wish but alas Thai women are not known for having anything more than small breasts.

Is that a fact based on your research at wet tee shirt events or just poor eye sight?

I heard a few girls tell me they had been groped at kaosan in particular.

In all the cases it turned out they meant someone had lingered too long on their face when applying the clay paste. Does that count as a real groping? They didn't feel good about it anyway.

groping is one thing, public urination quite another. keep you faces covered if getting buckets from the curb into moving vehicles

Never seen a farang do it though.

neither have i, not completely unwanted or with strangers

To be honest, I've always noticed the ladies to be the more "playful", flirting and touching/groping part of the two sexes, also among Thais, both in villages and cities, but I guess since most men are ok with it or don't openly complain about it (because it's more embarrassing and is not taken as serious as it would be if it was done to a female) then it may look like it's the other way around, and especially since women tend to be more "awarded" when complaining and the society is much more tolerant with women than men.

Just saying. I personally don't mind it, but these feminist and equality movements are a bit "a-right-for-women-only" kinda thing... ironically.

But anyway, I doubt groping is a serious problem in Thailand, but if it really is then it should be addressed, fairly that is.

Never seen a farang do it though.

neither have i, not completely unwanted or with strangers

I don't know who you are quoting or how my name ended up on the post you quoted but I didn't say that.