Rain

KC 71

• 3 weeks later...

Down here near Phayao we have had rain most nights. Last night we had a huge storm about 0115. Very heavy rain for about 30 minutes and then steady rain for most of the night. It was a very good light show. With all the lightning and rain we did not lose power.

The clouds and sky were beautiful yesterday so I was hoping I could get out on the bike today a take some pictures. Today it is grey and raining so I guess I'll aim for tomorrow. The plants, even the weeds, have really responded to all the recent rain and everything is so green.

Reading the CR thread jealously about your nightly rains. Finally received 4 hours of it night before last down here in middle earth. Outside until midnight filling my storage tanks with glorious rain water then sat on the back porch with a cuppa hot ginger tea enjoying the cool breeze, sound of rain drops on the leaves against the backdrop of a frog chorus. Lovely Jubbly! smile.png

The call after the storm is always nice. Not quite dark yet, still misting down but you could hardly call it rain after the last immediate deluge. I think I am about 20 km closer to town than you VF. But yes the day had its moments. I love how clear it all becomes once the rain stops and the clouds clear like parts of today. And the roof is just lovely. With the insulated backing even a horrendous downpour like we just had is muted. I'm happy. The rain is welcome I see the dam is filling up nicely. All the work they have been doing has been well timed as far as I can see? But I must qualify that only by way of my observation.

Randell

Archived