Fathers Rights

jamie2009

My girlfriend has a boy from a previous relationship with a Thai, he is unaware about the child and she has no intention of telling him. I asked why, she said he could take the child from her as in Thailand the Father has parental rights, his name is not on the Birth Certificate.

I've heard there's a gender thing. I think my wife said the father will take the girls and the mother will take the boys. I don't know whether this is a legal or cultural thing but I do see this is quite common in NE Thailand at leased, though far from absolute. In my wife's family it seems to be very mixed.

One of her brothers has his twin daughters, another brother has his twin boys while his daughter stays with her grandmother and my wife's sisters have/had all their kids with them also living in the same grandmother's house.

(Grandmother of the kids, mother of my wife, her sisters and brothers)

No, fathers do not automatically have sole parental rights. Maybe there is something in her past (or present) where the courts would deem her unfit and award the child to the father. That is far more likely.

On and off note, seems like a pretty slimy thing to do. Make sure you are careful otherwise you might have a teenager coming to look for her long lost father in 18 years from now.

Maybe she does not want to admit she does not know who the father is.

That maybe why he is not on the birth certificate.

After after a relationship surely someone somewhere would have said your ex had a child.

Not sure how to take your comments, she is not a slapper and didn't sleep about, why are there so many cynical people on the forums ?

He is not on the Birth zcertificate as he wasn't about and he doesn't live in this area, she didn't want him on it anyway, he has no idea he has a kid.

if the father wants to be a bastard he simply demands money for everything he lets her do, if he is mentioned on the birth certificate or knows it is his child he can demand payment to let the child travel out of the country, get a passport, change their last name etc. I know women that have had this happen to them, they say they should never have told the father which in this case she has done, nothing to do with not knowing them but everything to do with the childs protection and not giving the father a way to blackmail them

if the father wants to be a bastard he simply demands money for everything he lets her do, if he is mentioned on the birth certificate or knows it is his child he can demand payment to let the child travel out of the country, get a passport, change their last name etc. I know women that have had this happen to them, they say they should never have told the father which in this case she has done, nothing to do with not knowing them but everything to do with the childs protection and not giving the father a way to blackmail them

Except that it is not solely up to the women. Last I checked, women did not have children through immaculate conception. Someone else was clearly involved. And that person has a right to know. Is it illegal not to inform the father? Probably not. It is immoral? Absolutely.

After after a relationship surely someone somewhere would have said your ex had a child.

Not sure how to take your comments, she is not a slapper and didn't sleep about, why are there so many cynical people on the forums ?

He is not on the Birth zcertificate as he wasn't about and he doesn't live in this area, she didn't want him on it anyway, he has no idea he has a kid.

Another farang who will believe anything and everything his GF tells him. No, the father--who's not even on the birth certificate--can't just take the child.

So it doesn't bother you even a little bit that your GF was willing to be impregnated by this man, carry his baby for 9 months, and then give birth to his child, even though she wants nothing to do with him? And she never even bothered to tell the father that she was pregnant with his child? Either you're a very unimaginative troll, or your GF is a serial liar of epic proportions.

How do you know she didn't sleep about? How do you know anything about this? I am guessing you have not been with her very long. If you have been, you probably would have posted this a long time ago.

Bottom line is that it is pretty sketchy she won't tell the father about the kid...... Like I said, who knows what sketchy shit she will do to you.

Another farang who will believe anything and everything his GF tells him. No, the father--who's not even on the birth certificate--can't just take the child.

So it doesn't bother you even a little bit that your GF was willing to be impregnated by this man, carry his baby for 9 months, and then give birth to his child, even though she wants nothing to do with him? And she never even bothered to tell the father that she was pregnant with his child? Either you're a very unimaginative troll, or your GF is a serial liar of epic proportions.

Another cynical fariang, Aall the cynical people in the world must live in Thailand, there are some very decent people who live, can't understand why you do to be honest if your such a Thai woman hater !

Another cynical fariang, Aall the cynical people in the world must live in Thailand, there are some very decent people who live, can't understand why you do to be honest if your such a Thai woman hater !

I believe parental rights are always automatically legally conferred on the Mother....An absent & unamed father has virually no claim....

There was a pretty informative article written about this that I read a short time ago but I cannot recall the source....

I believe you are being misled....For what purpose I don't know....

You didn't answer my question. But I did answer yours.

Jamie

Your original question has been answered,go with your gut feelings for this girl but report back on here please in one year,s time and update us with your relationship with her whistling.gif

you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make him drink sad.png

Except that it is not solely up to the women. Last I checked, women did not have children through immaculate conception. Someone else was clearly involved. And that person has a right to know. Is it illegal not to inform the father? Probably not. It is immoral? Absolutely.

when the father does a runner as soon as he finds out no they do not deserve to be listed, whether or not you are aware of if many men are absolute pr*cks that think with their small head and will never take responsibility for what they do unless they can make money from it. I know someone that paid out over 100,000 baht for what I stated above, man turned out to be already married and ran as soon as he found out even though he married her as well(well educated, company executive). Then after the birth he demanded money or he would not agree to anything and contest even though he never had anything to do with his child apart from being the biological father, if he had been any sort of man he would have kept in touch and wanted more to do with her but as I said he was just a pr*ck. They have no right if they simply do the deed and run, is it illegal not to tell them, no, is it immoral, only on the fathers side, they should be castrated for it if they cannot accept responsibility for what they do, are you or the others complaining about this one of those that do it, I have no idea but it does seem like many in here tend to think with their small head.......

when the father does a runner as soon as he finds out no they do not deserve to be listed, whether or not you are aware of if many men are absolute pr*cks that think with their small head and will never take responsibility for what they do unless they can make money from it. I know someone that paid out over 100,000 baht for what I stated above, man turned out to be already married and ran as soon as he found out even though he married her as well(well educated, company executive). Then after the birth he demanded money or he would not agree to anything and contest even though he never had anything to do with his child apart from being the biological father, if he had been any sort of man he would have kept in touch and wanted more to do with her but as I said he was just a pr*ck. They have no right if they simply do the deed and run, is it illegal not to tell them, no, is it immoral, only on the fathers side, they should be castrated for it if they cannot accept responsibility for what they do, are you or the others complaining about this one of those that do it, I have no idea but it does seem like many in here tend to think with their small head.......

What the hell are you talking about? The father didn't do a "runner". The father does not even know the child exists. If the father does a "runner", that would imply he knows a child is on the way or already here. I am not super interested in your story as it has nothing to do with this thread and this situation. I am well aware men can be "absolute pr*cks" as you say. But in this case, we are actually speaking about someone being an "absolute c*nt" by hiding the fact she has a child from the father who has a right to know. And it sure sounds like she is hiding it for some shady reason. Unless a man poses an actual risk to a child, he has every right to know of his child's existance. He also has every right to be a part of that child's life if he chooses (again, if he poses no danger or risk).

You have to dig deeper son, think of an onion and its layers when dealing with Thais.

The surface is just an illusion.

Jamie

Your original question has been answered,go with your gut feelings for this girl but report back on here please in one year,s time and update us with your relationship with her whistling.gif

you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make him drink sad.png

I went with my gut feeling and have been with the lady in question over. 2 years. I don't own property, or land, I rent a condo and if the relationship does go wrong I pack my bags and move on.

I ask 1 question and I get all the cynics advising me what to do, making comments about a person they have never met or spoken too. I am my own man, I have heard all the stories, some personal about fariangs being left penniless, I can assure you it won't happen to me.

Mate, this girl isn't behaving by decent standards as defined anywhere in the world.

If she treated a previous guy like this, she will treat you like this too.

Nobody needs to be cynical to see that.

Mate, this girl isn't behaving by decent standards as defined anywhere in the world.

So how do you know how she treated the previous fella and how do you know how she is treating me now ?

She was in a relationship which didn't work out, happens all over the world not just Thailand.

So how do you know how she treated the previous fella and how do you know how she is treating me now ?

She was in a relationship which didn't work out, happens all over the world not just Thailand.

We know she is hiding a kid from the dad! What is wrong with you? How don't you see how slimy and disgusting such a thing is? That's all we need to know! Of course, relationships fail all over the world. But it takes a special kind of despicable women to hide the kid from whoever the relationship didn't work with. It is his kid too! And to make up some stupid excuse about how the father would be granted parental rights.....ugh........yeah, maybe 50% parental rights which is what he deserves. Sounds like you got yourself a real stand up women there.

And you think this is cynicism? Lol, check you morals!

Do you ever read your own posts back on this topic ? A woman who has no empathic feelings towards her own child, for sure does not have it for you.

Archived