Monthly Budget In Chiang Rai

tfa1957

I don't give a toss where u come from or where u want to live, but toask this sort of question belies belief.......................U ask then u slag off the poeple who reply :o

I went to Big C today and I'll be fcuked if I can be bothered to worry if Colgate toothpaste is more expensive than Sensodyn. In actual fact Sensodyn Original 100 gramms is 82 Baht however if u want to buy 220 grams of Sensodyn then it will cost only 142 Baht as opposed to Oral B ( which is my personal favorite :D ) which is 39 Baht for 80 grams.

It is terribly difficult to make the choice and choice u have a plenty in the TOOTHPASTE section.

Next I wanted to buy some quality tiolet rolls ( Phipps normally does for me....) as my friend in England forgot to send me the usual quota of Andrex Super Soft Double Thick...................BTW I only spent 1318 Baht and I've got enough food for tomorrow .........depends how my wife cooks :D:D:D

John, my good neighbor, you'd really be surprised where I came from and where I am living. I made a bet with someone about this part of the site...The Chiang Rai portion of the site, I bet it would be a negative experience, nearly useless for helping new people who want to come in, which kills the tourist trade in itself, I only made 50 bucks off the bet, but 50 bucks for 5 minutes work is pretty good eh?

It seems that this portion of the site have a select few who are so stagnant in life that they piss on anything relevant to others. Selfishness, boredom, low form of wit, a few cards short of a full deck, not the sharpest tac in the box...maybe these would be more accurate title instead of Chiang Rai?? And then have a Chiang Rai site with responsible, respectful people moderating it in a mature fashion. When we go to the internet cafe, we don't usually log onto here just because of Chiang Rai members doin what has taken place here. You already know from around town who are the kind ones, who are the most active, who are the most respectful farang, these few on this board are not really part of our crowd. Nonetheless though, I proved my point and I'll go collect my winnings.

I don't give a toss where u come from or where u want to live, but toask this sort of question belies belief.......................U ask then u slag off the poeple who reply :o

I went to Big C today and I'll be fcuked if I can be bothered to worry if Colgate toothpaste is more expensive than Sensodyn. In actual fact Sensodyn Original 100 gramms is 82 Baht however if u want to buy 220 grams of Sensodyn then it will cost only 142 Baht as opposed to Oral B ( which is my personal favorite :D ) which is 39 Baht for 80 grams.

It is terribly difficult to make the choice and choice u have a plenty in the TOOTHPASTE section.

Next I wanted to buy some quality tiolet rolls ( Phipps normally does for me....) as my friend in England forgot to send me the usual quota of Andrex Super Soft Double Thick...................BTW I only spent 1318 Baht and I've got enough food for tomorrow .........depends how my wife cooks :D:D:D

John, my good neighbor, you'd really be surprised where I came from and where I am living. I made a bet with someone about this part of the site...The Chiang Rai portion of the site, I bet it would be a negative experience, nearly useless for helping new people who want to come in, which kills the tourist trade in itself, I only made 50 bucks off the bet, but 50 bucks for 5 minutes work is pretty good eh?

It seems that this portion of the site have a select few who are so stagnant in life that they piss on anything relevant to others. Selfishness, boredom, low form of wit, a few cards short of a full deck, not the sharpest tac in the box...maybe these would be more accurate title instead of Chiang Rai?? And then have a Chiang Rai site with responsible, respectful people moderating it in a mature fashion. When we go to the internet cafe, we don't usually log onto here just because of Chiang Rai members doin what has taken place here. You already know from around town who are the kind ones, who are the most active, who are the most respectful farang, these few on this board are not really part of our crowd. Nonetheless though, I proved my point and I'll go collect my winnings.

well ... after His Mightiness' major wind-up .... we now have a claim that he is IN Chiang Rai .... any Mod care to look at the IP address and see? <<and promoting another forum? pegged this one as a troll in one ... apparently everyone did!>>

Edited by jdinasia

:D:D

well ... after His Mightiness' major wind-up .... we now have a claim that he is IN Chiang Rai .... any Mod care to look at the IP address and see?

Thank you for proving my point. A Troll? I did start to open a site on yahoo, and promote it and then realized I wasn't supposed to do that, and apologized on the forum for that, so yes, please read my past posts. You folks lash out because I asked a serious question for the forum and I proved that many of you just like to mess with people instead of being helpful. If the truth hurts then so be it. I'll take my responsibility, but have no doubt you and several others will just lash out because of your gang mentality. So it's best for me to not respond anymore after this post and get sucked into this section of the forums' oddities. The good thing is that someone that doesn't live in Chiang Rai was helpful, so the secret is, ask people about Chiang Rai from those that live in Chiang Mai. So there ya go, be proud of your behavior and move on to your next victim, and I'll be glad that not all of us are like you few in Chiang Rai. This community is pleasant but there are those that obviously are not huh? Thanks, and that will be the end of it from my end.

Tom

well ... after His Mightiness' major wind-up .... we now have a claim that he is IN Chiang Rai .... any Mod care to look at the IP address and see? <<and promoting another forum? pegged this one as a troll in one ... apparently everyone did!>>

Mr. Austin..

I did not reply to your original post at all. In your first post you stated "this would be very helpful for us making our plans for moving to Chiang Rai". This statement led everyone to believe you had been to the North at some point, but while reading through this one I realized that you had little idea about Chiang Rai and probably Thailand in general.

Reading through your list a couple of things jumped out at me.

1:- You wanted to buy products from overseas

2:- you had little or no local knowledge and you didn't ask for any. Where are the local markets? etc.

There are some things that are very costly on that list and probably few people here would buy them except for special occasions- cheddar, swiss, Parmesan cheeses - halibut and haddock.

There are also things that you can find in any market in Thailand - Basil - a chicken - Vegetables - Herbs - fresh fish

BUT.. There are some things that make me laugh so hard I could pee myself - yellow bananas (if you want green ones you have to grow your own) - strawberries ( you obviously have not driven from CR to Mai Sai it's 50KM of strawberry fields and stalls)

Not to be hard on you but you are doing your homework in the wrong place you should be doing it on the ground where you plan to move AND before you move. The people on this board are a tight group but they are also very helpful and most know each other personally. They are not a closed group as you have suggested. They do however have other things to do than drive across town to look up your grocery and TP prices.

If you want to live exactly the way you live, wherever you live, and not adapt to a foreign culture, any foreign culture, you may as well stay where you are as you probably won't be happy here or elsewhere. From what I have seen the people on this board adapt to Thailand. they do not expect Thailand to adapt to them.

Thank you Marty, your absolutely right, I was way off base a and inappropriate.

Mr. Austin..

I did not reply to your original post at all. In your first post you stated "this would be very helpful for us making our plans for moving to Chiang Rai". This statement led everyone to believe you had been to the North at some point, but while reading through this one I realized that you had little idea about Chiang Rai and probably Thailand in general.

Reading through your list a couple of things jumped out at me.

1:- You wanted to buy products from overseas

2:- you had little or no local knowledge and you didn't ask for any. Where are the local markets? etc.

There are some things that are very costly on that list and probably few people here would buy them except for special occasions- cheddar, swiss, Parmesan cheeses - halibut and haddock.

There are also things that you can find in any market in Thailand - Basil - a chicken - Vegetables - Herbs - fresh fish

BUT.. There are some things that make me laugh so hard I could pee myself - yellow bananas (if you want green ones you have to grow your own) - strawberries ( you obviously have not driven from CR to Mai Sai it's 50KM of strawberry fields and stalls)

Not to be hard on you but you are doing your homework in the wrong place you should be doing it on the ground where you plan to move AND before you move. The people on this board are a tight group but they are also very helpful and most know each other personally. They are not a closed group as you have suggested. They do however have other things to do than drive across town to look up your grocery and TP prices.

If you want to live exactly the way you live, wherever you live, and not adapt to a foreign culture, any foreign culture, you may as well stay where you are as you probably won't be happy here or elsewhere. From what I have seen the people on this board adapt to Thailand. they do not expect Thailand to adapt to them.

In stead of insulting the members of the Chiang Rai Forum Thomas should see that the October edition of the Chiang Rai Magazine comes out.

For your information: It is the 4th of November already!

But it would be even better if Thomas would go back to Pattaya to sell second hand cars.

Limbo :o

Very mature, now you should behave shouldn't you? I thought it was at an end,or doesyour little group need a token to bang around a bit more?

In stead of insulting the members of the Chiang Rai Forum Thomas should see that the October edition of the Chiang Rai Magazine comes out.

For your information: It is the 4th of November already!

But it would be even better if Thomas would go back to Pattaya to sell second hand cars.

Limbo :o