Re-Entry Permit: New Form/Requirements?

Just picked up these two tweets from Twitter. Can anyone else corroborate?

post-108400-14603656197118_thumb.jpg

post-108400-14603656362578_thumb.jpg

(Mods: Tried to put in "Visa and Immigration Forms" forum, but could not find an appropriate sub-forum for this to fit. Also, has fairly wide implications for foreigners.)

Edited by Fookhaht

Over on Twitter, some fairly well-known foreigners, including freelance journalists, are following this up.

Nobody seems to be taking it as lightly as you are.

Let's hope you are right.

Edited by Fookhaht
  • Like 1

Seeing is believing.

He just forgot to get a photo/scan, spare form wink.png

Such Twitter babble is not enough for me to spread the news.

Of course only source?

The forum is usually quite quick and supplies trustful information.

Chris Wotton on Twitter? No.

Wait for confirmation.

To me it sounds like intentional spread of false rumor to create uncertainty.

Would cost him a hefty find in some countries.

Also in Thailand he could be punished due to computer crime act.

If he is a "funny comedian": joke missed.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Over on Twitter, some fairly well-known foreigners, including freelance journalists, are following this up.

Best you obtain a copy of this 'new form' from a Twit and post it here smile.png

• Like 1

Any indication which immigration office this occurred at?

He posted three pictures of some "forms".

"Record of Foreigner Information"

All "raw" text without any official seal or the like and not the TM8 as such.

One has a "photo" frame much smaller than usual.

Click to see:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CfvrSQ-UMAAGMdP.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CfvzE3lWEAA6SP2.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CfvzFNTWEAAJRlM.jpg:large

As said, I hope this is not a bad joke.

https://twitter.com/chriswotton/status/719435839349125120

Edited by KhunBENQ

Chamchuri

Bangkok One Stop Center

He must be getting his extension based upon working for a media company. That is where those from the media get their extensions.

He said he went there for a reentry permit. According to something I recently read, anyone can go there for tourist entry reentry stamps.

I applied for a re entry permit last week using the download from MFA website (Pinned on TV). Other than insisting upon having my phone no on the back there was no difference to my last one some years ago.

HTH

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

Chamchuri

Bangkok One Stop Center

He must be getting his extension based upon working for a media company. That is where those from the media get their extensions.

He said he went there for a reentry permit. According to something I recently read, anyone can go there for tourist entry reentry stamps.

You read some wrong info. No service for a tourist visa extension or re-entry permits. It only for BOI companies, government enterprises, media and etc.

You read some wrong info. No service for a tourist visa extension or re-entry permits. It only for BOI companies, government enterprises, media and etc.

Obviously, the information can be wrong. I never trust a single source on anything to do with Thai immigration procedures. That said, I have found this one of the better sites: http://immigrationbangkok.com/immigration-offices-in-bangkok/

One Stop Center for Visa and Work permits

Address: Chamchuri Square Building, 18th Floor, Phayathai Road, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330

Phone: 02-2091100

Opening Times: Monday- Friday: 8.30- 12.00 and 13.00- 16.30

Which Services will be handled here?

• Extension of Temporary Stay in Thailand
  • 90 Days Report
  • Re-entry permit
  • Visa Issuing and changing type of Visa (Only for Foreigners who carry out duties relating to specific law: Immigration Act, Petroleum act, Board of Investment Act, Industrial Estate Authority of Thailand Act)

Obviously, the information can be wrong. I never trust a single source on anything to do with Thai immigration procedures. That said, I have found this one of the better sites: http://immigrationbangkok.com/immigration-offices-in-bangkok/

Address: Chamchuri Square Building, 18th Floor, Phayathai Road, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330

• 90 Days Report
  • Re-entry permit
  • Visa Issuing and changing type of Visa (Only for Foreigners who carry out duties relating to specific law: Immigration Act, Petroleum act, Board of Investment Act, Industrial Estate Authority of Thailand Act)

From Bangkok immigration website: http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=location

"Particular Services for extension of temporary stay, Notification of address every 90 days, Re-entry Permit, Visa Issuing and Changing type of Visa , could be provided only for foreigners carrying out duties relating to the specific law : Immigration Act , Proleum Act / Board of Investment Act / Industrial Estate Authority of Thailand Act.

Contact at One-Stop Service Center for Visas and Work Permits At Chamchuri Square Building"

Speaking personally, I hope it is a bad joke, but I do not think it is.

Thanks for the correction thumbsup.gif

Seems like it is not a joke (kowtow sad.png ) but far from a general/nationwide requirement for obtaining a re-entry permit (which the thread title implies).

Edited by KhunBENQ

I applied for a re entry permit last week using the download from MFA website (Pinned on TV). Other than insisting upon having my phone no on the back there was no difference to my last one some years ago.

HTH

I also did one last week and easy peasy.

Chamchuri

Bangkok One Stop Center

Probably no great surprise, then, that media people are being scrutinised more closely in this way in the present political climate.

• 90 Days Report
  • Re-entry permit

"I never trust a single source on anything to do with Thai immigration procedures"

How right you are Tim, Thai IOs all make up their own rules, sometimes the way they apply them depends on what side of the bed they got up from.

Been today at CNX Immi for a re-entry and they indeed had different forms, two-sided. Not sure if it was just a matter of printing or changed content. I brought the online printout (one-sided with the pic on the bottom left) and it was accepted without questions asked.

• Like 1

I use the official kiosk at Suvarnabhumi Immigration just before I get on the flight for re-entry permits, will be interesting next time to see if they try and make you fill all this crap out, as normally the permit fee + 200baht service fee means they fill the form out for you and get it all done in ten minutes. I would never bother going to my local Immigration Office and queueing up for hours for this. It's just another foreigner tax anyway for the privilege of staying here and getting treated like rubbish.

Thai government offices (and banks/utilities) have a total lack of trust and concept of service and insist you attend in person for even the most trivial functions that could easily be carried out by post or telephone.

It has even spread to the UK Gov in Thailand who insist you attend in person to submit any passport renewal application or collect the renewed document, on the pretence it reduces fraud. Somehow there must be no fraudulent passport applications in the UK as they don't check like that there.