Re-Entry Permit: New Form/Requirements?

You can strike out portions you don't want to answer, it's anyway only in "testing" in Chaeng Wattana now and as written before not an official document. Let's wait and see before drawing conclusions. I'd personally not answer the part about social media and transport. All the rest they have already.

looks indeed it is a test case from some local officer.

But i imaging that most people will fill this in without question as they will think that it is official document.

Only some of them will refuse to fill it in completely.

Must be some rich foreigners (the form has room for 2 vehicles).

Next time they make it a requirement to have a car. Mark is flooded with failed financing, let the aliens pay for it ;)
  • Like 1

You can strike out portions you don't want to answer, it's anyway only in "testing" in Chaeng Wattana now and as written before not an official document. Let's wait and see before drawing conclusions. I'd personally not answer the part about social media and transport. All the rest they have already.

They have no banking detail about those who secure extensions of stay via Income letters/Affidavits.

I, personally, would not complete this form beyond those details (name passport number and address) which immigration already have.

• Like 1

And so did that general say, don't need to fill details. My point just is most of this they have already or can find out in the blink of an eye (call to DLT for instance). I don't really find it alarming as some do. They just try to optimize workload.

And so did that general say, don't need to fill details. My point just is most of this they have already or can find out in the blink of an eye (call to DLT for instance). I don't really find it alarming as some do. They just try to optimize workload.

Many will find what is being asked for both threatening and intimidating.

I will not complete this form but no doubt the "roll-over and enjoy" merchants will.

• Like 1

Do you write "NO SPAM" in Thai as well as English ?

(ไม่มี สแปม)

That would be incorrect, it means you yourself have no spam.

ไม่เอาสแปม would be correct.

I'm a privacy "nut" - completely anal about security especially on line, however this strikes me as "much ado about nothing"!

For Bank details it asks for "Deposit Accounts" - well mine's a Savings account so put "None"

For vehicle details - put "None" (true in my case)

For restaurant details - well fill in the name of a couple of local places you may have used once recently and where they don't actually know your name

For social media, unless you are dumb enough to access it from the same email address that you give to immigration - None

(I'm assuming here that people who are able to use this forum are savvy enough to have more than one email address - if not - make it so)

The above will keep the nosy parkers happy and retain your privacy without getting into conflict - simples! thumbsup.gif

Edited by VBF

Appears to be something they are doing for extensions at Chaeng Wattana. Perhaps he had to do it for his re-entry permit if he had not done one before.

I think it is a big uproar over nothing..

CfvrSQ-UMAAGMdP.jpg

Edited by fosseway

topic continues here:

Thai Immigration Asks Foreigners for Bank Accounts, Social Media, Hangouts
By Todd Ruiz and Sasiwan Mokkhasen

BANGKOK — Foreign nationals residing in Thailand are being asked to disclose personal information to the government, including their bank details and where they hang out online and offline.

Full story: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/911143-thai-immigration-asks-foreigners-for-bank-accounts-social-media-hangouts/

//CLOSED//

/Admin