Another English Gentleman

bartender100

oh its true alright, the streets of thailand are awash with some of englands finest specimens these days. you cant walk for more than 50 yards along the avenues of bangkok,pattaya or phuket without hearing them, every other word is fukc,bastrd or <deleted> , the impeccable fashion sense, the total lack of consideration for their surroundings or the people around them,the classy haircuts and wonderful tatoos, the pudee angrit has arrived en mass. leaving a trail of beer cans,smelly farts and macdonalds wrappers behind them

you can take the brit out of his council estate but you can never take the council estate out of these brits.

mad cow disease,football hooligans,foul mouthed brits.

whatever will we be foisting on the world next.

oh its true alright, the streets of thailand are awash with some of englands finest specimens these days. you cant walk for more than 50 yards along the avenues of bangkok,pattaya or phuket without hearing them, every other word is fukc,bastrd or <deleted> , the impeccable fashion sense, the total lack of consideration for their surroundings or the people around them,the classy haircuts and wonderful tatoos, the pudee angrit has arrived en mass. leaving a trail of beer cans and macdonalds wrappers behind them

you can take the brit out of his council estate but you can never take the council estate out of these brits.

whatever will we be foisting on the world next.

easy tax we're not all like that. :o

i am also a brit, and when i see how far removed from the rest of europe and the usa we (a lot of our countrymen) generally are in terms of manners,sophistication,behaviour abroad,respect for the host country it makes me want to weep.

we are the fourth world. becoming more reviled around the world on a daily basis.

and deservedly so.

oh its true alright, the streets of thailand are awash with some of englands finest specimens these days. you cant walk for more than 50 yards  along the avenues of bangkok,pattaya or phuket without hearing them, every other word is fukc,bastrd or <deleted> , the impeccable fashion sense, the total lack of consideration for their surroundings or the people around them,the classy haircuts and wonderful tatoos, the pudee angrit has arrived en mass. leaving a trail of beer cans and macdonalds wrappers behind them

whatever will we be foisting on  the world next.

Sadly that's a picture I recognise; the detritus from Ibiza is all too frequently seen in Thailand.........

"ear we go, ear we go, ear we go".

.............Oh Christ I hope not :D

I confess to also being a Brit, though having spent the last 25 years working abroad it's not so easy to tell :o

i am also a brit, and when i see how far removed from the rest of europe and the usa we (a lot of our countrymen) generally are in terms of manners,sophistication,behaviour abroad,respect for the host country it makes me want to weep.

we are the fourth world. becoming more reviled around the world on a daily basis.

and deservedly so.

Taxexile. It is because you are not pure breed, like Erco is.

I really pity the UK, like he does, no more true blue blood anymore,... :o:D

I can only agree with the general view that Thailand is attracting some right tossers these days - mostly from the UK. Wierd but girls seem to think they are such good catches :o I was chatting to one the other day and she remarked how she liked English men - especially the one's with lots of tatoos !!! - why I asked, because they are so good hearted and have so much money. She did not like the idea that my comparison was that the typical English guy here with lots of tatoos was the equivalent of a Thai marrying a Burmese motorbike taxi rider (i,.e heading towards the bottom of the pile...).

Hey ho, perhaps all we can hope is that his work permit (!!!!) is not approved and he ends up being deported for being an overstayer.

Hey, Even though I know you take pride in being in 'first' place you Brits don't hold the market...US, Italian, Aussies, German and French contribute thier fair share.

Must be something in the Thai water or the air that attracts the scum, crazies, and freaks.

In any event they are an embarasment...and it's no wonder "farang" can have a few different connotations. :o

Hey, Even though I know you take pride in being in 'first' place you Brits don't hold the market...US, Italian, Aussies, German and French contribute thier fair share.

Must be something in the Thai water or the air that attracts the scum, crazies, and freaks.

In any event they are an embarasment...and it's no wonder "farang" can have a few different connotations. :D

Lotsa creme de la creme hereabouts :o

I'm trying very hard to remember, but struggling at the moment. I have seen this guy in Pattaya recently, just cant remember where. I remember noticing those tatoos and the gap in his teeth... definately him. Old age is creeping on!!

• 5 weeks later...
no more true blue blood anymore,...
Lobsters do, but thats because their blood is based on copper instead of iron,what you can do is to get people to have blue blood is to strangle them.
Lotsa creme de la creme hereabouts

Just because we only sent second class criminals to Australia because they were short of criminals at the time with them having now't to steal then.

The government in the U.K. kept the best at home hence we have world class scum de la scum.

If nothing else that is exported from there these ambassadors of culture make Sir Les Patterson look refined.

Thanks for the vote of confidence in Australians!

It's even rumoured that having a criminal record is no longer a compulsory prerequisite to going to Australia.

I well know a leading and long term Brit businessman in Bangkok, who was helped by an Oz Embassy staffer to get a visa to go to the antipodes," do you have any convictions ? ", asked the Ist Sec, said the Brit businessman " is that still a compulsory requirement ? " Mind you, all those beneficiaries of the involuntary migration schemes of old were from the British Isles. I think that the poms lost out on that export deal. ( A bit like the idea they had whereby they set up a woollen manufacturing concern in Ayutthya in the early 1700's, to cater for the Siamese domestic market. That was clever too. It went belly up.

Well, about criminal records there was one post on here the other day when someone admitted to having one by Reg Dwight (A.K.A. Elton John).

What do you think 5 years with no remission?

Candle in the wind, <deleted>.