Korean Women in Chiang Mai

Mobileroadie

Pathetic and hilarious at the same time.

I agree that its pathetic for somebody to live in Thailand and have a fetish about Korean ladies .Maybe its a case that the grass is always greener etc .

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're more than 5 years older than the average Payap student, I'd say creepy. Why not just go to Korea if you want to meet Korean women? Korean Air has great non-stop flights, you know.

Really? How many guys do you see in CM that have girlfriends/wives that are way more than five years younger than the guy? In your condo, many of the men have Thai boyfriends (or rentals) that are 20-30 years younger than they are. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

Understand about flying to Korea if you want to meet Korean women and tend to agree.

That first part, though, ignores a lot of what's reality in Thailand.

Thanks to everyone who provided legit remarks. I've heard that Payap U.has a pretty big pool. Are there ever any celebrations or churches geared towards their heritage going on any time of the year or could I just pop up on Campus one day and check out the scene or would that be creepy... ha ha ha clap2.gif

Yes, you do seem to be a creepy old man by the tone of your questions. Also i wonder if you took permission from the girl whose photo you have posted. Lastly, from what i know, Korean girls do not shack up with elderly western retirees for economic benefits. But if you are young, good looking and in a stable profession, you might meet a nice Korean girl, just like in any other country.

I have known a few Koreans here in Chiang Mai. They tell me the 5,000 Koreans here is about right and that a large percentage of those are retired Koreans who have moved here for their retirement years because it is much less expensive to live here than Korea on a pension.

If you're more than 5 years older than the average Payap student, I'd say creepy. Why not just go to Korea if you want to meet Korean women? Korean Air has great non-stop flights, you know.

Really? How many guys do you see in CM that have girlfriends/wives that are way more than five years younger than the guy? In your condo, many of the men have Thai boyfriends (or rentals) that are 20-30 years younger than they are. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

Understand about flying to Korea if you want to meet Korean women and tend to agree.

Right but during the time I spent in Korea I never once saw a young Korean lady with an older, pot-bellied, balding Western man - never.

Loads of them around, but not for dating.

S. Korea is very strict.

They all hang out together and report 'naughty' behaviour to their homes.

They like to send their kids to school in CM, so you''l often get mum here with the kids, and dad working back home to pay for it.

I have no first hand knowledge of it.

But my friend taught English there for 6 years and to hear him tell it there was a whole lot of running around.

He never had a problem getting a girl.

Great advice from NancyL!

I don't know what your situation is in life, of course. But, if you are that motivated, then look into teaching ESL there. I think many Korean women only like Korean men. However, I would think that those Korean women who do want to meet a foreigner will either join an ESL class and/or find out where the foreign teachers like to hang out.

Creepy, if a 28 year old was with a 22 year old? What kind of puritanical mind set is that? Sounds like sour grapes from an old crone.

For centuries men have been older than the women they marry--simple, so the man has the wherewithal to support a family. Somehow we have kindled a society where couples should be the same age. Why, so they both can enjoy Justin Beaver?

Have you never heard the expression, opposites attract? A more experienced partner may be able to show a less experienced partner new and different things, how to really enjoy themselves, and may have the wherewithal to make it happen.

Not as creepy as a woman with an elastic wasteband on her pants, as well as her granny panties, who you can keep track of time by how many cigarettes she smokes. Exactly one every ten minutes. I don't think anyone who has ever stepped foot in a Catholic Church should be making rules on proper age differences between a consenting man and woman. It's been well documented that the uni girls are more than a little experienced.

I agree that its pathetic for somebody to live in Thailand and have a fetish about Korean ladies .Maybe its a case that the grass is always greener etc .

Ermm.. right.

Well you can just seek out Thai girls who approximate the look..

SNSD-Measurements.jpg

If you look at the vids and glamour pics of Korean girl bands then they all look incredibly tall and leggy, but that's not always the case.

A personal favorite remains Sunny (ex SNSD), she's just 158 cms tall which is completely average Thai girl territory (or below average even these days).

sunny-snsd-27.png

snsd-sunny-lg-3d-tv-pictures-1.jpg

A video that seems to cover the range:

^^.....All white as a ghost with baby faces .

Have you spent any time in Korea? The girls are tall, gorgeous, fair-skinned and well curved. Easily the most beautiful girls in Asia. Don't know about the baby face thing. To me most of them looked like the girls in the Korean pop videos. All are well heeled and very stylish. The girls are mostly very well paid and very independent.

>>The girls are mostly very well paid and very independent.<<

Well thats another downer in my book .As i am attracted to small brown skinned ladies ,i dont think Korea (which i never had any desire to go to ) would be for me .

what the fuk are you talking about? You obviously havn't seen the whole KPOP Girl thing.. Because of Kpop and Ksoaps Korean Girls have become the cremdelacrem of east asian women-who are generally considered beutiful anyways..

as for myself, i cant tell a korean from a japanese from a vietnamese unless i hear them speaking.. I know what korean sounds like and have even picked up a few words from channels like KBS

^Yes ,ugly as f..k ,and the personality of a robot .They make reasonable cars though but not as good as the Japanese.

>>>>The girls are mostly very well paid and very independent.<<

A friend went to Korea teaching English .He only stayed 18 months even though the money was very good compared to what he earned in Thailand .Guess he was not getting much in the girl department .

>>The girls are mostly very well paid and very independent.<<

Well thats another downer in my book .As i am attracted to small brown skinned ladies ,i dont think Korea (which i never had any desire to go to ) would be for me .

LOL to each their own. I find the small brown skinned variety quite unattractive.

What's creepy is for an older guy to be hanging around a college campus trying to meet younger women.

I didn't say that it's creepy for there to be a large age difference between partners. There is more than a five year age difference between Hubby and me, incidentally.

There ARE 'looks.' There certainly is a 'Japanese' look, a 'Korean' look, and a 'Thai' look... just as there is an Italian guy look, a Swedish woman look, an Irish 'face,' and many others. But... that's not to say that each and every person from those countries will have that 'look!' Some do, most don't. Generalizations can be made, so long as we realize that they are generalizations.

My wife is Asian. When we are in Thailand, locals automatically begin talking with her in Passa Thai. But when we're in Japan, everyone tries to speak to her in Japanese. In the Philippines, they assumed she spoke Tagalog. Traveling in Chiana, everyone figured she was Chinese.

This title got my hopes so high, the disappointment from the answers was crashing....

Dear Friend, I don't think it's as bad as it's being made out although it may have a ring of truth to it. After all, I ran into 2 college aged Korean girls in 1 years time in both Chiangmai where so many live, and Phnom Penh but, I was in a relationship both times.. Chin up, we just have to learn where they hang but, they are out there :)

Not sure about Chiang Mai, but there is a Korean church on some little soi off Sukhumvit Soi 39. I attended a BBQ there a few years ago with some Korean friends--boolgoki, kimchi, and soju; not so bad. There were several nice-looking unaccompanied Korean ladies in attendance.

Soju at church... sounds like my kind of place- cheesy.gif

Korean's under 40 have the highest suicide rate in the world, students still have physical punishment from teachers = that is why international school in chiang Mai have so many. the economic miracle is gone that is why the call korea'scall korea hell under 30 not very a happy people

http://www.koreaexpose.com/voices/korea-thy-name-is-hell-joseon/

That could explain why sex has taken a dive there... cheesy.gif

What a narrow view you have? What if you were employed in Thailand and like Korean girls? Pathetic, eh?

Oh, woe is me, should I worry about what you must think of me? I was working in Iran and my girlfriend there was a Korean nurse. My, my, how pathetic!!

I met her at a hospital party in Tehran. Most of the nurses were Pakistani or Lebanese, and a few Indonesians. I saw her, walked up and said, "Where is your home in Korea?" She replied, "How did you know I was Korean?" "I recognize the smell of kimchi," I flippantly replied. She did not take it the way I had intended, it took four months to get her to go out with me.

There ARE 'looks.' There certainly is a 'Japanese' look, a 'Korean' look, and a 'Thai' look... just as there is an Italian guy look, a Swedish woman look, an Irish 'face,' and many others. But... that's not to say that each and every person from those countries will have that 'look!' Some do, most don't. Generalizations can be made, so long as we realize that they are generalizations.

My wife is Asian. When we are in Thailand, locals automatically begin talking with her in Passa Thai. But when we're in Japan, everyone tries to speak to her in Japanese. In the Philippines, they assumed she spoke Tagalog. Traveling in Chiana, everyone figured she was Chinese.

Yeah, in the US, my Filipina wife was often thought to be Mexican. She took Spanish in college; one of the reasons was to be able to explain. However, when she told them in Spanish that she was Filipina, that settled it in many of their minds, she was definitely Mexican.

Archived