Korean Women in Chiang Mai

Mobileroadie

If you're more than 5 years older than the average Payap student, I'd say creepy. Why not just go to Korea if you want to meet Korean women? Korean Air has great non-stop flights, you know.

Really? How many guys do you see in CM that have girlfriends/wives that are way more than five years younger than the guy? In your condo, many of the men have Thai boyfriends (or rentals) that are 20-30 years younger than they are. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

Understand about flying to Korea if you want to meet Korean women and tend to agree.

That first part, though, ignores a lot of what's reality in Thailand.

What's creepy is for an older guy to be hanging around a college campus trying to meet younger women.

I didn't say that it's creepy for there to be a large age difference between partners. There is more than a five year age difference between Hubby and me, incidentally.

So, let me get this straight; an older guy hanging around a college campus to meet younger girls is creepy, but older guys hanging around bars, hospitals, shopping malls, coffee shops, etc., to meet younger girls is not? Is that what you’re saying?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As someone who was once a young woman, I can tell you that young women regard an older guy as creepy if he simply hangs around a college campus apparently with a sole view to meeting young women.

Much like the middle aged guy on our college campus who used to hang around in the bushes outside the windows of sorority houses pleasuring himself -- hoping that one of the residents inside would see him. Eventually the police put a stop to his antics.

And to those who are going to say it was because he wanted to see the sorority girls in a state of undress -- there isn't that type of view from the ground floor.

It's an entirely different story if an older guy happens to meet a woman, of whatever age, as a normal part of daily activities or if he goes someplace where he knows women are also likely to be interested in meeting men socially. But to bother them when they're trying engage in another activity and go someplace where he doesn't belong -- that's just plain creepy.

If you're more than 5 years older than the average Payap student, I'd say creepy. Why not just go to Korea if you want to meet Korean women? Korean Air has great non-stop flights, you know.

Really? How many guys do you see in CM that have girlfriends/wives that are way more than five years younger than the guy? In your condo, many of the men have Thai boyfriends (or rentals) that are 20-30 years younger than they are. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

Understand about flying to Korea if you want to meet Korean women and tend to agree.

What's creepy is for an older guy to be hanging around a college campus trying to meet younger women.

I didn't say that it's creepy for there to be a large age difference between partners. There is more than a five year age difference between Hubby and me, incidentally.

So, let me get this straight; an older guy hanging around a college campus to meet younger girls is creepy, but older guys hanging around bars, hospitals, shopping malls, coffee shops, etc., to meet younger girls is not? Is that what you’re saying?

Is this what guys do? Sit around places hoping women will drop into their laps? Especially places where they have no business like, say a hospital?

What about the idea of having an interesting life, engaging in hobbies and interesting activities and thereby meeting people of all sexes as a normal part of that activity? Maybe giving something back, making the world a better place, getting in shape, learning a new skill, etc, etc.

Instead you just sit around hoping that a young woman drops from the sky into your lap? THAT'S a creepy waste of a life.

This title got my hopes so high, the disappointment from the answers was crashing....

Dear Friend, I don't think it's as bad as it's being made out although it may have a ring of truth to it. After all, I ran into 2 college aged Korean girls in 1 years time in both Chiangmai where so many live, and Phnom Penh but, I was in a relationship both times.. Chin up, we just have to learn where they hang but, they are out there smile.png

Try GoodView on the river, at least that is where a few Thai friends go when hunting Korean girls. If I was in your shoes, I would probably also spend as much time in Nimman as well.

I'm going to guess that -- knowing from Koreans living in Florida -- that a large component of the Koreans in Chiang Mai are affiliated with the Seventh Day Adventist organization which has churches and schools in Chang Mai.

I've read about it and I've even seen statistics about it but, is it just me or are Korean ladies really scarce in Chiang Mai and on Thai specific dating sites? Information tells us that there are more Korean's living in Chiang Mai with direct flights from Korea than any city in Thailand yet, I've only seen but a few college girls on the occasional Saengtaew ride in my 4 years living here. In short, where do they hang?

If that is a photo of a Korean model it must be at least 20 years old. You won't find one with large bushy eyebrows like that or anywhere else anymore.

Nancy is right. An older guy hanging out on a college campus hoping to score with college girls is creepy. At bars, not so much. Hospitals, malls, coffee shops...a tad creepy, but not as much as on a college campus. Now if the old dude is actually attending classes at said college, all is good.

I think Nancy's right too. It's more than creepy; it's border-line stalker for older men to be hanging out on campus hoping to scoop up barely legal women. We can only hope Korean girls in this city are issued with tasers in the near future.

What new lows will be explored on Thai Visa this week? "How to get the girl of your dreams at your local kindergarten using only a box of puppies and a packet of sweets?"

Nancy is right. An older guy hanging out on a college campus hoping to score with college girls is creepy. At bars, not so much. Hospitals, malls, coffee shops...a tad creepy, but not as much as on a college campus. Now if the old dude is actually attending classes at said college, all is good.

Oh well then all is good. ;)

You've just described the number one pedo strategy of finding a legitimate reason to be in close proximity to his targets.

As someone who was once a young woman, I can tell you that young women regard an older guy as creepy if he simply hangs around a college campus apparently with a sole view to meeting young women.

You aren't in America now, it's different in Thailand.

Many coffee shops and eateries open to all on CM Uni campus. Campus prices are keen.

I often go there for a coffee and cake. Sit quietly reading a book.

No need to behave in any creepy manner, if interested girls want to approach me, I don't have a problem.

Foreign men are especially popular when they've just had their university course fee invoices.

Nice swimming pool too, open to anyone that pays the small membership fee.

You aren't in America now, it's different in Thailand.

Many coffee shops and eateries open to all on CM Uni campus. Campus prices are keen.

I often go there for a coffee and cake. Sit quietly reading a book.

No need to behave in any creepy manner, if interested girls want to approach me, I don't have a problem.

Foreign men are especially popular when they've just had their university course fee invoices.

Nice swimming pool too, open to anyone that pays the small membership fee.

I often go to Payap for lunch and to read a book too. There are so many Westerners on that campus that nobody looks twice. But I've never seen any Koreans......but they could be there. I don't know - and I don't care.biggrin.png

^Yes ,ugly as f..k ,and the personality of a robot .They make reasonable cars though but not as good as the Japanese.

I like that analogy with the cars, seems to some it up well: Koreans = wanna be Japanese

Funny thing is if you are Japanese with any Korean mix in your blood you are an outcast.

^Yes ,ugly as f..k ,and the personality of a robot .They make reasonable cars though but not as good as the Japanese.

I like that analogy with the cars, seems to some it up well: Koreans = wanna be Japanese

Funny thing is if you are Japanese with any Korean mix in your blood you are an outcast.

Koreans = wanna be Japanese(?) hahaha. Where did you get that idea?

Thought they don't like each other, no?

Anyway, I think korean girls are better looking than their japanese counterpart. :)

Visitors are still welcome at CMU. Technically, they are suppose to report to the guard, but no one does. The problems arose several years ago, when large groups of Chinese were interfering with the students. About a month ago, the electric cars put new signs up stating for CMU students only, but they will still stop and pick up a stray farang, if he/she flags them down. When class is not in session, I think they really appreciate the business, and as stated, 300 gets anyone a one year pool membership. Some of the student stores are great places to shop, too. They regularly undercut TESCO. 220 G Attack laundry detergent: 14 THB at Jampha. A small price to pay for having to shop with 20 uni girls.whistling.gif Not surprisingly, they know their Thai food, too, so eating with them is a practical option, and the owners are glad to have customers that will be around, when there isn't school. Nothing "creepy" about it. In fact, it seems that you are more likely to meet their approval, if you can eat some spicy Thai food, without making a scene. If they want to chat; they chat, if not; there are 15,000 others, who may. Don't forget your shirt....now that would be creepy.

i don't think you have probably driven a new Korean luxury car lately.

You clearly don't know any S. Koreans. They hate the Japanese.

Most of them won't even use Japanese apps on their mobile phones.

They still remember what Japan did to Korea in WW2.

Instead of answering my questions, NancyL said, "Is this what guys do? Sit around places hoping women will drop into their laps? Especially places where they have no business like, say a hospital? What about the idea of having an interesting life, engaging in hobbies and interesting activities and thereby meeting people of all sexes as a normal part of that activity? Maybe giving something back, making the world a better place, getting in shape, learning a new skill, etc, etc.

Instead you just sit around hoping that a young woman drops from the sky into your lap? THAT'S a creepy waste of a life."

Well, as usual, you have applied your convoluted logic to my question. I asked if it was creepy to hang around a college but not creepy to hang around other places. I made no reference to what I did, but I guess that makes no difference in your mind. I think meeting women in places like hospitals, colleges, banks, multi-national companies, etc., is preferable to meeting them in bars. Certainly, I would not sit around with saliva dripping down my chin and a napkin over my lap.

However, I may utilize my 30 odd years as a management consultant to join in on business seminars and trade fairs and make the acquaintance of any desirable ladies there. Or, I may use my 20 odd years as a university professor at the graduate level to meet not only coeds, but faculty. I may even be hanging around the campus as part of my research and publication efforts. Of course, that would be creepy to you, wouldn't it?

At 71 years of age, I have plenty of reason to hang around hospitals; do you really want to go there too. I think you need to rethink your statements and perhaps chill. Methinks it's been too long since you were a young girl.

And, by the by, I am happily married for over 37 years now. So, my days of hanging around looking for women is long past, but I am wholly in favor of guys who try to find women in places other than bars. I think that is smart, not creepy.

Supermarkets.... thumbsup.gif

All of 'em have a Korean section, right? Japanese section... Mexican, Italian, etc., etc.

Just pick your favorite ethnicity, stand in the isle with brand X in one hand and brand Y in the other, and look confused.

Sooner or later a helpful young woman should pass your way...

Worked in Korea for a while, girls often pretty enough but physically very stocky, except on TV of course.

Figure wise Thais are more attractive. There again everyone's taste is different.

Can't really understand why you would come to Chiang Mai to find Koreans.

All of 'em have a Korean section, right? Japanese section... Mexican, Italian, etc., etc.

Just pick your favorite ethnicity, stand in the isle with brand X in one hand and brand Y in the other, and look confused.

Or the security will ask you to leave.

Or the security will ask you to leave.

We need to keep a Positive Mental Attitude. Perhaps the security guard will be a cute Korean unmarried, rich, intelligent, busty ex-beauty queen! :)

Archived