Topless Farang Fined 100 Baht in Chiang Mai

webfact

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No idea what the fuss is about. This rule applies in many countries, Spain about 25 years ago I seem to remember my friend getting pulled up for this despite me warning him about the risk. I do not want to see hairy unwashed falangs behaving like fools. Their contribution of B200/day spend is irrelevant to a huge manufacturing and agricultural produce country like Thailand.

Let me see if I've got this right. The guy is charged with being "obscene" by merit of not wearing a shirt. Certainly, for any normal-thinking cops, priority would be given to cladding such an offensive sight as quickly as possible, but instead, they choose to give the press a photo op and actually become responsible for spreading this "obscene and offensive" image nationwide. After many years here, I still can't really get my head around Thai logic.

Oxymoron 1509777.GIF

Yes, and with a big emphasis on the last 5 letters of that word, it seems.

Seeing the headline ''Topless Farang'' etc etc I rushed to open the item. How disappointing to find it was a dipstick in dreadlocks and not some well proportioned lass ! Deeply shocked at the obscene photo none the less !

Was this photo taken before or after the fine was paid ?

If after and the offender allowed leave still ' topless ' the BIB are condoning the offence and the publicity seeker on the right should, at least, be reprimanded.

However he's likely to be rewarded by the PM for upholding traditional Thai values by dealing with serious a serious case.

And consider; The poor guy didnt have stitch of spare clothing so he might have even been fined a few times at 100Baht before he got home.gigglem.gif

Someone please lend him something to cover up; a singlet, a hat, a bra, anything.

But wouldn't a bra even be "obscene" "inappropriate" on him?. (whatever the word they used) 500baht fine sir?

Steer clear of Songkran.

Wasn't there a ban on water guns in previous years?

Personally, i am going out today to spend 100 baht on a bikini top that covers my obscene nipples. Better that than to have the BIB haul me to the police station to make me pay their fine. Even if it will look embarrassing to have a bikini top on,,

What a shameful disgrace this foreigner has shown as an example to all foreigners..... He should be deported for this act.

Everyone needs to wear a shirt or something to hide their chests even if they are soaked to the bone from water all day long. Besides... most foreigner men have bigger tits that are real than Thai ladies. I know I do. Hehee

100 Baht.... . maybe around $2.80 U.S., or $3.60 Canadian.... .

Really worth the pen ink and paper to write up the report and ticket ? ?

Tell you what.... Here's 200 Baht.... now go away and don't bother me and my friends having some fun..

The last time I was at Songkran in Chiang Mai...2013..... even the BIBs got into the action.... they had their guns and radios covered in something like plastic cellophane ... cause they were getting totally soaked also... and laughing their heads off... I even blasted one with a Super Soaker and he just threw water back at me with a big grin....everyone had fun..

Now they're going to be miserable and don't want to get into the fun anymore ? ? Okay..... I didn't go topless... I wore one of those Columbia shirts with my sleeves rolled up and the top two or three buttons undone...

The farang nipple, regardless of gender, is a insidious contraband destroying Thai culture at a rate of 100 baht per sighting. All farangs are advised to cover the offending parts with a band aid before entering the kingdom. Rumors abound about an upcoming junta ruling on farang noses...

Personally, i am going out today to spend 100 baht on a bikini top that covers my obscene nipples. Better that than to have the BIB haul me to the police station to make me pay their fine. Even if it will look embarrassing to have a bikini top on,,

What a shameful disgrace this foreigner has shown as an example to all foreigners..... He should be deported for this act.

Everyone needs to wear a shirt or something to hide their chests even if they are soaked to the bone from water all day long. Besides... most foreigner men have bigger tits that are real than Thai ladies. I know I do. Hehee

make sure your top is pink. u might get arrested though

He looks like the idiot and his girlfriend I saw recently in Krabi, she in a very brief bikini and he topless and board shorts walking past a mosque on Friday afternoon after prayers when all the men were leaving.

This was at least a kilometer from the beach, they wouldn't do it at home so why do it here?

Basically a fundamental lack of understanding and knowledge of the country's customs and culture, I think.

When you visit a country you should try to fit in and not flaunt it's customs.

thailand comes thru again as among the most absurd nations ever . swimmers beware

i have just watched a parade in cha am and there were countless thai men with out shirts with police in attendance no one was arrested

so you come to Thailand to maybe catch some sun, support a nice tan to go back home --------- wait a minuet its illegal to not wear a top, so no sun tan then

ahhh no only farang its illegal sound like the tea boat was getting low giggle.gif

He looks like the idiot and his girlfriend I saw recently in Krabi, she in a very brief bikini and he topless and board shorts walking past a mosque on Friday afternoon after prayers when all the men were leaving.

This was at least a kilometer from the beach, they wouldn't do it at home so why do it here?

Basically a fundamental lack of understanding and knowledge of the country's customs and culture, I think.

When you visit a country you should try to fit in and not flaunt it's customs.

and did you know it was illegal I DOUBT IT bah.gif

Archived