Topless Farang Fined 100 Baht in Chiang Mai

webfact

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well last year it cost Baht 100 in Bangkok for doing the full Monty.

Bangkok:- Police have located and fined a 25-year-old Briton for exposing himself on Khaosarn Road on Songkran Day, Daily News reported.After the YouTube clip showing the young farang man walking with no cloth[es] on went viral, police from the Chana Songkram police station went to inspect the scene late Monday night.
The man appeared drunk and was spotted walking around with his shorts in his right hand and with nothing

Rasta clearly didn't enjoy his 10 minutes of fame when he was paraded like a trophy in front of the media.

What right did the cops have to humiliate this harmless hippie on the public stage?

Excruciating example of over-zealous law-enforcement.

This is a major step in the right direction. Now if Thailand's finest would turn their attention to the open-sandal problem, the country would be well on the road to a thorough reversion to Buddhist standards.

In short, there are too many middle-aged farangs wandering around the provinces in open-toed sandals - with many of them displaying naked big toes for all to see!

The correct attire, as every sartorially-educated foreigner knows full well, is a pair of business socks - black or dark grey, it matters not - worn between the foot and the footwear, to cover the offending protuberances.

A modest fine of, say, 25,000 Baht in the first instance would soon stamp out this gross offence to Thai sensibilities.

Quite right and lets be sure there are non of these socks with toes on parade as well.

The arrest record might create Thai visa problems in the future for that person.

I personally find it annoying to see shirtless foreignors walking on public streets here. It demonstrates a lack of respect and low class. It's embarrassing and I ask myself, 'what are they thinking?'

Perhaps the Thai author of the popular Thai tee shirt that says, "I didn't Like You Anyway," came up with the idea from seeing more and more disrespectful, no class, out of control foreigners.

It's no wonder visa changes and policy procedures are being made and enforced.

People act the way they dress. When I see a 60 year old shirtless man holding hands walking down Sukhumvit with what appears to be a 18 year old woman I and most naturally form negative opinions. My opinion and most would change their opinion if he was dressed appropriately.

It might be helpful to know that under the newly passed and signed International Megans Law, section seven, Thailand will soon have its arm twisted to create American-style lists of sex offenders. America will tell Thailand who America's sex offenders are by putting stamps on American passports. Thailand will be expected to reciprocate in kind. This man has been charged with "exposing himself" and on its face surely qualifies to be on a sex offender list. The globalization of American sex culture and criminal justice continues unabated. Good hearted people can become the biggest danger to freedom. Here is a different point of view regarding American sex offender lists and from this you can see the international danger that truly lurks behind the scenes of this cute story:

You Tube: Catherine Carpenter: "Sexual Offense Laws and Constitutionality"

I don't care about his bare chest. I do think, however, he should have been fined for that profoundly stupid hairstyle and looking like a seedy scumbag.

How does one get a hairstyle like that? I mean, other than never going near a brush, a comb, or soap and water, how does one go about achieving the look of a dirtbag? More profoundly, why would anyone choose that look?

A very happy day in Laos was when the cops went to Vang Vieng and plowed down all the bars along the river. Far too many seedy folks were coming to Laos to party there and the government had enough of their type. I agreed completely. Party's over scum. Go home, cut your hair and clean yourselves up.

Please note, I'm a 60's child and grew up with long hair a la Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple etc. So my issue is not the length of his hair, it's the fact that he looks like a drug addicted homeless Rastafarian.

I wonder if there is any other country in the world where a male tourist would be arrested for going bare-chested in 42/104 degrees. Why does this country repeatedly make itself a laughing stock. So many of my friends in Australia and Europe refuse to come now to such a lunatic asylum Plenty of alternatives where they wouldn't have to watch what they say and do.

CLASSIC PHOTO. CAN I USE IT FOR MY COVER PHOTO. WATER GUN AND ALL!.. PS I WILL PAY 100 BAHT TO GET MY PIC POSTED ON THIS PAGE!

Good for a laugh and you could always photo-shop your face in, but please blur the offensive na ok. goof.gif

Look forward to the fun idea.

B.T.W seems like you don't realize the rules are not to use CAPITALS as you did above. Just saying.

Duck or you might get a drenching from a moderator. post-4641-1156694606.gif

This is a stray "April Fools" joke.

No but while folk are "Playing" this thread they miss the real stories.

What's the Songkran road death toll so far?

How many DUI's have been arrested?

etc. etc.

This is a stray "April Fools" joke.

No but while folk are "Playing" this thread they miss the real stories.

What's the Songkran road death toll so far?

How many DUI's have been arrested?

etc. etc.

Don't miss them a bit as they are regurgitated constantly by drones on television and uninteresting conversationalists.

All blame thailand about strange rule.. look back home like in the so called civilized western.

Usa many strange and wierd rules. Euroepan countires the same.

Solve that first your own country before you make any judgment about any other country you are speakong about.

Respect your own rule respect others their rules too.

Archived