Any chance of BKK-NST flights?

silverjet82

Does anyone think there is a chance of flights commencing between BKK and NST anytime soon?

According to Wiki NST is the 13th busiest airport in Thailand, around the same number of passengers as Khon Kaen. This airport along with the preceding 11 all have direct flights to BKK. The reason I'm enquiring, rather hopefully, is that several times a year I travel from London to Thung Song. Previously I have had a short stay in Bangkok so have been able to travel via Don Mueang to NST. However the last few trips I have travelled straight through to Thung Song, travelling via Krabi, which is by no means the end of the world, but something a little bit closer would always be welcome.

Thanks

BKK has flights to Suratthani, Krabi and Hat Yai. I doubt one of the airlines flying from BKK to these cities (Bangkok air / Thai air) would add NST as a destination. Just not enough international connecting demand for it. If you don't like the winding route from Krabi to Tung Song, you could also opt to fly to Suratthani. Both about 1.5 hours away.

12 flights a day at least Don Muang to Nakhon and/or 6 flights a day to Trang, plenty of options. Surat & Krabi means more of a road journey to get to ThungSong. Nothing to/from Suwannabhumi though at the moment, only Don Muang.

I would not be surprised if THAI SMILE start NST flights sooner or later - who would have expected they will ever fly to Narathiwat !

That's news to me. It's amazing how poorly promoted these routes are to international travellers, especially Bangkok-based foreigners who need to do visa runs (yes, they still do exist).

No English advertising; not even a press release that I can find. Even a search for 'Thai Smile' 'Narathiwat' fails to produce any info...Same with the Phuket-Haad Yai flights....

I would not be surprised if THAI SMILE start NST flights sooner or later - who would have expected they will ever fly to Narathiwat !

That's news to me. It's amazing how poorly promoted these routes are to international travellers, especially Bangkok-based foreigners who need to do visa runs (yes, they still do exist).

No English advertising; not even a press release that I can find. Even a search for 'Thai Smile' 'Narathiwat' fails to produce any info...Same with the Phuket-Haad Yai flights....

the Narathiwat flights can even be booked on the main THAI AIRWAYS INTERNATIONAL website.....

the lack of promoting this destination in English might be due to the fact that they think it is of zero interest to foreigners

Archived