Don't Climb Here! Foreigners fined for scaling wall in Chiang Mai

webfact

Don't Climb Here! Foreigners fined for scaling wall in Chiang Mai

cm.jpg
Image: Daily News

CHIANG MAI: -- Three foreign tourists caught climbing the historical Ta Pae gate to take selfies were fined on Thursday. Two men from Sweden and a US woman were fined 500 baht each.

Police said that verbal warnings were given to the tourists not to climb during a Songkran celebration in the area but they refused to listen, Daily News reports.

The site is considered sacred and there are signs forbidding this kind of activity.

Adrian Moody, 22, and Robin Haye, 26, from Sweden along with Griselda Mucolari,24 from the US were charged with public order offences and fined 500 baht each.

They were given warnings and released.

Source: Daily News

tvn.png
-- 2016-04-15

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They can read the signs and hear the warnings but being of the "me" generation these are ignored in doing what they want regardless. As a member of a much older generation I must accept some responsibility for this. We gave them freedoms that we never had but not the sense of responsibility to use these freedoms with regard to others.

They should be kept in the police lockup overnight for ignoring the police warnings.

Can't they read the signs?

They should be Kept for 2 nights then sent home

The Behaviour is terrible over this Festival they do not know what it means they get drunk and act like village idiots

what happens with these Young People do they all leave there brains on the Plane No Respect for what is left of Thai culture and there's not much left of that I will be Glad when its over for another year it get worse every year

They should be kept in the police lockup overnight for ignoring the police warnings.

They have a YouTube channel so seem to care more for their views than obeying laws and respecting historical monuments.

Farangness.

Probably brought up in an environment where Mum never said no.

Dad probably left the family years ago and dodges all responsibilities.

The western diet also could be to blame for their farang moronic mentality.

Along with the farang education system where they are educated in farangness believing they are superior.

And the extreme vanity they display wanting to post their idiocy on social media.

They show no respect to others, all about me, me, me.

Fine them, jail them and then deport them.

A big difference between here and Farangland is a lack of graffiti and mindless vandalism against public property, Thais kids are much more sensible and have a greater respect for the community.

Smart people these Thais.

Some people lose there brains when they leave there home country. Years ago one of my best friends came for a six week trip. One of the places I took him to was Angkor Wat....we had a guide and while I was taking photos he scaled one of those giant heads and yelled for me to take his photo. The guide was beside herself and it took awhile to calm her down.....

Farangness.

Along with the farang education system where they are educated in farangness believing they are superior.

And the extreme vanity they display wanting to post their idiocy on social media.

A big difference between here and Farangland is a lack of graffiti and mindless vandalism against public property, Thais kids are much more sensible and have a greater respect for the community.

Honestly in your first paragraph it sounds as if you are describing thais. That said I agree but this is not limited to only westerners and these peeps are from Sweden I believe not America

They can read the signs and hear the warnings but being of the "me" generation these are ignored in doing what they want regardless. As a member of a much older generation I must accept some responsibility for this. We gave them freedoms that we never had but not the sense of responsibility to use these freedoms with regard to others.

I suspect they come from the : i want it now and i know my rights brigade

Farangness.

Dad probably left the family years ago and dodges all responsibilities...whilst spending all his money on his new Thai wife, who's 30 years younger than him...

They should be Kept for 2 nights then sent home

The Behaviour is terrible over this Festival they do not know what it means they get drunk and act like village idiots

what happens with these Young People do they all leave there brains on the Plane No Respect for what is left of Thai culture and there's not much left of that I will be Glad when its over for another year it get worse every year

What happened to "Period!" or "full stop"?

Some people lose there brains when they leave there home country. Years ago one of miy best friends came for a six week trip. One of the places I took him to was Angkor Wat....we had a guide and while I was taking photos he scaled one of those giant heads and yelled for me to take his photo. The guide was beside herself and it took awhile to calm her down.....

Your friend was/is a moron. I hope you told him so, because he sounds too stupid to conclude that himself.

the "me" generation?

chills ran up my spine as the voice of my dear departed father echoed through my memory.

but he would be well over 90 now.

that me generation spans a few years apparently.

i am pretty glad i can look at what kids are doing now with a sense of interest rather than a sense of alienation.

Fine them, seize the selfie hardware, return on day of departure which will be one day after release from overnight in the police station. They might then learn.

But then there are some really stupid people out there in this world not just locals but from everywhere.

Foolish behaviour, for sure. Fun to read the entertaining 'young people today' responses, though. As if the young weren't always foolish.

I think you're right SoiBiker, the young were always foolish, but the young when I was young, had a degree of respect for others. Not so now.

Archived