Total electrical cost for a new house build

AJBangkok

Sure Naam. I really do like the property and it would be a fantastic project to finish but I am also wary that it could be a legal minefield as its in a company name and I'm not sure about the building permits, taxes etc. Whatever the legal Due diligence turns up I'm sure it would all be possible to fix but I'd want to do that legally so at the end of the day the price I bid would have to reflect that. I don't intend to nickle and dime him but I want a price that reflects reality so there's a good chance that even if I make a bid that I consider I'm including a decent premium in to get what I want, it may be rejected as the owner has high expectations.

you can't legally solve the problem that foreigners are not allowed to own land. let the seller present the building permit. this and the absence of any property taxes should be your least problems.

all owners have high expectations till reality catches up with them. good luck!

Just a quick remark to AJBangkok. My Thai building constructor made a number of (unbelievable) hi-end villas on the island I live – subcontractor for a foreign owned property-&-construction company – and it was not unusual that a property changed owner two or three times during the building process. Those villas were mainly investment objects and often traded with profits, even not finished. Every time there was a new owner, some changes were made, and construction price adjusted upwards little more than accordingly – new owner, more money..!wink.png

Depending on the state of the property, there may be a number of places you can check – when I build my house I got more than one quote, and even the end prices in the quotes were not that different, some of the post in-between were like night and day. One constructor used 3 times as much steel for roof construction than the other, same drawing and specs..! One constructor was charging for driving more earth away, that the total of cubic meters concrete used for a 3-floor construction, another was charging for putting more earth to the land...whistling.gif

I saved quite a bit from going through details and ask for explanations why..?

And the most untrustworthy quote I just totally rejected – that was the one driving earth away, and could not give any good explanation apart from, after casting the posts, there would be too much earth...blink.png

Just a quick remark to AJBangkok. My Thai building constructor made a number of (unbelievable) hi-end villas on the island I live subcontractor for a foreign owned property-&-construction company and it was not unusual that a property changed owner two or three times during the building process. Those villas were mainly investment objects and often traded with profits, even not finished. Every time there was a new owner, some changes were made, and construction price adjusted upwards little more than accordingly new owner, more money..!wink.png

Depending on the state of the property, there may be a number of places you can check when I build my house I got more than one quote, and even the end prices in the quotes were not that different, some of the post in-between were like night and day. One constructor used 3 times as much steel for roof construction than the other, same drawing and specs..! One constructor was charging for driving more earth away, that the total of cubic meters concrete used for a 3-floor construction, another was charging for putting more earth to the land...whistling.gif

I saved quite a bit from going through details and ask for explanations why..?

And the most untrustworthy quote I just totally rejected that was the one driving earth away, and could not give any good explanation apart from, after casting the posts, there would be too much earth...blink.png

I think the scenerio you describe in your first paragraph is exactly what I may be dealing with. The BOQ to finish the property was done up for another potential buyer. I did notice that some of the work detailed in the BOQ did not match the original floor plan that I was given or my observations of the build progress while walking the property so it's very likely the potential buyer must have made some changes. I was thinking why would they be quoting to tile a room with 350 baht per meter tiles when the room already has been tiled with very nice tiles that must have cost 800 -1200 per square meter. There is a lot of that in the BOQ.

If I can get the property I will be sure to get multiple quotes. My main aim right now is to satisfy myself what I can reasonably expect to pay to finish the house as it will affect what I will bid.

Archived