SURVEY: Brexit, do you support it?

Scott

SURVEY: Brexit, do you support it?  

454 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the UK leaving the EU?

• Yes, I am a UK national and I support leaving the EU.
    • Yes, I support the UK leaving the EU, but I am not a UK national.
    • No, I am a UK national and I do not support leaving the EU.
    • No, I do not support the UK leaving the EU and I am not a UK national.

This poll is closed to new votes

"British expats could forfeit their rights to live in Spain if they vote to leave the EU, the Spanish prime minister has warned, saying forgoing free movement rights would be negative for everyone.

The dirty Spanish goon would say that wouldn't he.

The Spanish take out more than they put in, simple.

I really don't give a toss what anyone says now, as my wife and I already have our poll cards and return to the UK the week before the referendum and we're both voting out. End of.

The only goons are the illiterate ignorant British living in Spain. Please vote leave so that we can start cleansing Spain from poor Brits. We need a point system too to get rid of the dross. We only want quality Brits that can speak the language and with more than a shitty 600 quid pension.

Do the respective views of Wooloomooloo and Johnyo, above, perhaps give an example of exactly how "united" the European Union actually is? If so, the EU

has an awful long way to go before bringing about a coalesced and cohesive state.

I'm Catalán, we don't want to be part of Spain never mind the European Union.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely common sense will prevale if the EU refuse work or residence visas for UK nattionals the UK then would be obliged to follow suit,

Like I mentioned earlier Nigel Farage has said that people in the UK legally could remain, same as UK nationals are in EU countries legally.

I don't know the figures but I would think there are many more EU nationals in the UK than there are UK nationals in the EU.

Fair comment, Johnyo!

And if that's a simmering problem, let's wait for Turkey to become a member of the EU, with its internal division between the Turks and ethnic Kurds;

not to mention the ancient and historical enmity and hostility between Turkey and Greece.

I agree. I find it disgusting that after all the years that you will be paying taxes if afterwards you decided to retire over here your pension gets frozen. <deleted> you not using any of the infrastructure and get penalised!! I don't think left or right will change that as ex pats are not really important come election time.

You would think they would pay you to leave so you're not a drain on the NHS as you get older

I agree. I find it disgusting that after all the years that you will be paying taxes if afterwards you decided to retire over here your pension gets frozen. <deleted> you not using any of the infrastructure and get penalised!! I don't think left or right will change that as ex pats are not really important come election time.

You would think they would pay you to leave so you're not a drain on the NHS as you get older

UK expats are penalized because they spend their money overseas rather than spending it in the UK and helping to stimulate the UK economy, their potential cost drain on the NHS is negligible given the ratio of expats to residents is so low:

"However, It has been estimated by the World Bank that between 4.5 million and 5.5 million Britons live abroad, that's around 7-8% of the UK population. To put that in context, only about 0.8% of Americans, 3% of Spanish and 2.1% of Australians are expats".

https://www.statslife.org.uk/social-sciences/1910-how-many-british-immigrants-are-there-in-other-people-s-countries

Archived