Samuijimmy's... Daily life in Thailand and what I see

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for my aches and pains, in my legs,  I have been taking Turmeric ( (AKA Cumin) for the last few weeks... it really seems to help... although not the greatest taste in the world, mixed with hot milk.

:bah:

My local Indian restaurant guy has been making it for me... a very long and tedious process!

Final process is grinding after smashed roots lay in sun for 10 days to dry out... grinned and sived

untitled-0788.jpg

IMG_0807.JPG

Comparing store brought with 100% pure... (more yellow mix in front  is mixed with a filler!)

IMG_0798.JPG

46 minutes ago, rhythmworx said:

Jimmy turmeric and cumin are worlds apart, I can tell you don't cook.

Word of advice, sack the indian guy and get turmeric root and beat it in a pestle and mortar, it;s health properties are best unprocessed.

Throw it in a pot with some rice.

That yellow stuff looks like mustard, never in my life seen turmeric powder as yellow, he's fobbing you off.

Nothing is being cooked, not sure where you got that from... ?  I won't be sacking the Indian guy!  Actually Nepalese and been a good friend for years!  I rarely cook with separate spices when it's easy enough to to buy ready to use blends~! or let Babu make the Indian curries!

Since starting to take this Turmeric  daily, it has really help relieve the pains.. Several sources all say it has to be taken with hot milk and drank on an empty stomach...

I have an American neighbour who is a retired nurse, with similar problems and she's taking it too, with same good results!  It does not have the side effects of many "store" brought or doctor prescribed drugs either. I can also now get out and about without the pain of trying to walk or using a walking stick...

Also find that cutting time on sitting at the computer really helps too.... I am no longer spending a lot of time doing that!

The work going into making the Turmeric powder is extremely time consuming, as I have found out...watching him go through the process of making it, to make enough without doing it daily  which would be too tedious. The roots are first crushed and laid in the sun for about 10 days... Then ground in a mixer, sieved and ground again to make fine powder...

As for the cumin name it was my land lady who said that it was "cumin" I was surprised at that... but just looking it up I see this: So it is different... OK that was my landlady who said that... I was surprised but took her at her word!  So I retract the reference to cumin!

https://www.quora.com/Does-turmeric-contain-cumin-as-an-ingredient-or-are-they-two-different-things

Roots sourced from Nakon Si Tamerat about 100 kms away on mainland, (Babu's wife's family farm)

Not being fobbed off at all considering too, he's done this for almost for free. ... repayment of things I have helped with over the years...

March 2017-0657.jpg

Sitting for about 10 days in the sun...and turned several times daily .

March 2017-0661.jpg

Final grinding... it would take days with a mortar and pistol for this quantity!

IMG_0783.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

Trying to share your pic.

https://goo.gl/photos/vVjoiU4UUzkEi2fX8

Yes something causing to link not to work with normal upload .... I am still getting error

"There was a problem processing the uploaded file. -200 "

Wine bottles if they show are uploaded from my google photos... showing for me!

I think I need a drink!

0bcgfZhkdUUWccMX3H-rkh2v1D3tEB3IduH-SIAS

3 hours ago, samuijimmy said:

Oh no! 

Well I am just getting a little frustrated with this... it shows for me and doing it that way worked yesterday....on a trial in our Mod area.

Tech do not seem to be responding anymore, I am ready to pack it in...  it's just nonsense! :crazy:

Jimmy, it seem like all previous posted images with URL has gone dead as a Dodo – I just checked my profile, where I have a few photos inserted from other URL, which have worked perfect for years – more surprising is that also the Thai Visa Emoticons has disappeared in the profile text, and now just show as for example "thumbsup.gif" etc.

By the way, the Emoticon overlay sometimes acts little weird, after the basic upgrade/change of the Forum – sometimes the comment-box is also not working – but reloading the page (F5) can often bring the functions back.

I can technically understand, there can be problem with uploads, but linking to an external image with full URL, should be a fairly simple maneuver. However, if displaying it has to do with script-macros and database, a script-upgrade may have messed it all up.

:smile:

I have removed  a fair number of posts mine and others concerning the posting problems... going back to about March 3rd when it all started to "go south" with posting some images. 

I hope no one is offended by the posts I have hidden, but with nothing being resolved, there is not much point in having all the trails and tests remaining..

Thanks to those who have helped with input! :thumbsup:

Have a sunflower! 

November S and W Samui -9136.jpg

At the fairly new Chinese restaurant near me, in Bang Por,  there are lots of  weddings, but they could be Thai's all in white... ! ???

Now we think the uploading problem is fixed when posting from Google Photo's ..

Another test !!!  Oh please I hope all OK now! 

5Qs8v8WTt6Tbye3eGF7E65ApC1q1Osp91kHi3s5J

UvjFL-CWD9UaS7ABx6O6br8jQYAx8EjYpSOweLUy

89j_WZwU3Wowt_8OHKWVfjoFnS7LE585M27Mj3rz

Ozvdwm0XRGk9shLgtqDoBHrHwFlTK4NEfmhTxait

Owners from Shanghai, I guess that would be a Shanghai wedding....:whistling:

Good food too!

Oh no four images! 

The last two postings of total 5 images, don't show in my Chrome browser, only the No Entry-logo, which also only show when using direct googleusercontent.com-URL...

However the previous Google-stored images from a wedding, are still visible...:huh:

8 hours ago, khunPer said:

The last two postings of total 5 images, don't show in my Chrome browser, only the No Entry-logo, which also only show when using direct googleusercontent.com-URL...

However the previous Google-stored images from a wedding, are still visible...:huh:

OK thanks Khun Per those were all loaded  more or less at the same time using ...  (URL method)

I am now on Firefox... and I can still see them ...

Going to switch to Chrome and see what happens.!

2 minutes ago, samuijimmy said:

OK thanks Khun Per those were all loaded  more or less at the same time using ...  (URL method)

I am now on Firefox... and I can still see them ...

Going to switch to Chrome and see what happens.!

Oh Boy! On Chrome  now, none of the images show just the circle no entry sign! 

4 minutes ago, Ace of Pop said:

Not showing on I phone ,hang on..or on P .C Just little boxes with no pic

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yes it seems to be Browser specific still as to who can see or not l....   We are hoping Invision and tech team are working on a solution.... nothing so far has been reported back today as to what they are doing or trying! ... 

Archived