Samuijimmy's... Daily life in Thailand and what I see

Lot of beautiful images appears again, however

ID291 (uploaded via URL method copying url using Firefox)

and ID292 A few more!

the photos has disappeared and only show "no entry" icon in Chrome version 58.0.3029.8, latest and up-to-date...:huh:

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

384 and 385 posts not showing again this morning, on Chrome...:sad:

I just check using Firefox too... no images showing there either...:sad:

The drag and drop directly from computer seems to be OK....

Part of Maenam beach, Samui 

Kao Leam Yai-1076.jpg

OK guess that is a work around for those who have images on other sites like Google Photos (Flickr seems to be an exception)  ...

I only need to do if using laptop which I generally do in the daytime..and photos I might need are on the laptop.

Over loaded! 

IMG_6238.JPG

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

If you "load to your laptop", you download it from Google's storage and store it in your laptop, and then by drag'n'drop you upload it to ThaiVisa's server; so it must be the same as uploading any image from your laptop, or any computer, using drag'n'drop...

Only inserting the Google storage URL-address in the text field – which should automatically embed the Google-stored image, like using "Insert media from URL" – shall to my IT-knowledge display a photo stored at Goggle...

Well except for downloading from GP first... the the drag and drop. 

Not tried insert media, for a few days... will see if that working now!

Seatran ferry arriving!  Insert method.

Shows for me but... how about you guys? (on chrome) 

LpIkR0uZUOh06EmJk3Bpr1hhSvi_tC1FipXyX1yS

3 hours ago, samuijimmy said:

OK on the big computer now, giving this one more go using URL method, I am on Brave browser now! 

Thanks for responding guys! 

Boo! 

vL56OdmgR8gHZlYjt45V_hOoKO6TjI9KrWTzrc5o

Wow, that's interesting.
When you click the image (to display big), and copy the image-link (cannot open in a new, will instead try to download a .php file, which is a web-page script), the image is atored at ThaiVisa secured (https) server in: "forum/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/", but the php-page-script load an image from "lh3.googleusercontent.com/".

Now below here I'm inserting – for test, you can just erase it – a small image from my unsecured http-server, where I used to store ThaiVisa-images, using the URL-method (paste the full URL-address into the field). In editor mode, it shows the broken image icon, but in "Preview" it shows the image, and the storage-address is now ThaiVisa-proxy, imageproxy.php that is loading from my server (I'm not pasting the full URL, at it may be auto-embedded)...

w500_IMG_5679c+e.jpg

I'll submit the post, and if the image stay there, the tech-staff has changed the URL-method to using a https-proxy – re. what we talked about in PM, where I mentioned what for example Facebook seem to do – and solved the problem for future uploads. You can for example leave the image (if it shows) for a couple of days, to see that it keep on displaying – which it should, as there are no "private/public settings to be set/changed on my server.

I can see, that older URL-method stuff has not been corrected, but perhaps tech-staff can do, as we do at Wikipedia, make a "robot" to change all previous inserted URL's to load via the proxy..?

:smile:

We'll see if still showing tomorrow! Or not showing in some browsers... could anybody not seeing let us know... and which browser you are using! 

Monks at sunset! 

zZ_BQB4u5Kfy-S4ndgaMSAaStwgSkKzkXV9k9j-BgunLDpYBM_jgG9ZVs7QhZUEMjYfzV7JawQnDcyWDQiRNm4lcyK1gD1AXhFkW7Uatt2h2JCAnsq1nZz-du__R61RRQEzHEJydyoMBfvbbsBsF0bLovMx0NLvN8-aOLw_eWGf4tFfmA3-7xdO24dz90-Q_6tx9GB46YgEv-3l9kkvhS6rGLRut5_c8Yto23FNmt8AViYyYStKUIVHo--4V32-aziFkG3s7m1jLFDhOmQJy67m0GyexIvwV6VDT66u0T5lpFlQONf6yvtiSdmrNNkO53whSNrVtyVi2hxsM1cL3WaLD6prbKXq944uPf9x_DA7yh4ZPnLKUUiOTR_MkdDl0wMgJXZh0qCZsJauCH2QjvXfDCZVWVTVy9_Y_tsVqhYkr7KUpTuVpxYrQZMXpVWxf9wYKXJaD4PJ-miLrutuULcT618DdnoBz92Ty-RbYZgOxqJfFrwHyu0dMn5mc6FbqH_Xz_G4onItybXegzZgZFV1PNSAzz3mNe5vCDK56vU_QKcwPmD6EWQMJd3IsjWOUWV_UWWMVvEGkus-dITWUZJxLMDMOupZ9OzQGuhX8jfKmERIDlg=w972-h648-no

Not seeing on Android device.

Sent from my iris 755 using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, samuijimmy said:

OK on the big computer now, giving this one more go using URL method, I am on Brave browser now! 

Thanks for responding guys! 

Boo! 

vL56OdmgR8gHZlYjt45V_hOoKO6TjI9KrWTzrc5o

I see it OK on Win7 using Chrome.

Can also see it on Win7 using Brave.

3 minutes ago, Minnie the Minx said:

I'm not on the Smarphone but can see all from Chrome.

Can I be off topic? How do you get the ThaiVisa app? Link please.

Cheers in advance. 

I don't know if this still works (tech problems lately) but read through this topic and you should be able to get the app working.

Feed back is appreciated over the loading problems  (at some point we'll delete when things are back to normal! )

Weird the image above pasted OK , the one I am trying trying here, copies and pastes but will not load! :shock1:

Drag and Drop here:

One of our members came for a day visit today, looking for gold at a couple of out waterfalls on Samui... Interesting tool he had to detect metal!

IMG_1279.JPG

Find of the day...one baht!

IMG_1282.JPG

Now he's trying to butt heads with a local Thai boy!

IMG_1332.JPG

Well everyone it seems to be getting better... although still a few glitches I came across today ....with some images not loading... but darn sight better than it has been of late...

I have removed a few comments that are probably no longer useful.

Ma Muang Falls, Samui

zPa4zUFq4Zt1bT2WxOVEo8viA0KfS93r6AoHqokY

Just tried posting several different images here, (URL method) but it will not load!!! :sad:

There still seems to be a few glitches. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The image showing is a random photo using drag and drop 

IMG_4127.JPG

Jimmy, you'll see a "broken image" icon in the editing box, when inserting image with URL-method (at least from unsecured sites), but try to click the preview icon (normally in second line/row at top of editing box, next to Font Size), as URL-images are loaded through another PHP-page, that work as secured-proxy; in the preview you should see the picture you have inserted...

12 hours ago, khunPer said:

Jimmy, you'll see a "broken image" icon in the editing box, when inserting image with URL-method (at least from unsecured sites), but try to click the preview icon (normally in second line/row at top of editing box, next to Font Size), as URL-images are loaded through another PHP-page, that work as secured-proxy; in the preview you should see the picture you have inserted...

What was happening last night and a few times the day before, when trying to add the URL link, to insert other media,  Copied the link and pasted. Then hit the green on left side, the box got a blue line around it and would not post/ load No broken link appeared as nothing would load! ...(I think I was one Chrome)

I have just did it here and working this morning!  On Firefox ... so there are still some problems.

E2DVJG0DLEz8_5dC8b6s5h0tymHzlfs_QXPi46HI

6 hours ago, samuijimmy said:

What was happening last night and a few times the day before, when trying to add the URL link, to insert other media,  Copied the link and pasted. Then hit the green on left side, the box got a blue line around it and would not post/ load No broken link appeared as nothing would load! ...(I think I was one Chrome)

I have just did it here and working this morning!  On Firefox ... so there are still some problems.

<Image intentionally removed in quote>

That I also noticed some time – I've mentioned it before, and said that "reloading the page" often solve this. It's like an external script has not been fully read and combined into the page-script...

This also sometimes (sometime even quite often) happens at many other Internet pages; in some cases an external advertisement file blocking a whole page or browser...:sad:

But indeed a problem your tech-staff should like into and check, if can be improved...:smile:

Archived