VillageFarang...Daily life in Thailand and what I see

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a shortcut I take to visit Phu Chi Fa. By going over Phaya Phi Phak and down this road it cuts the distance in half.

Road%2B%2B01.jpg

Brings back memories FV..........beautiful picture.

Very nice pics VF, I live in a remote part of Isaan but nothing as dramatic scenery wise, Have been wanting to take my M/bike up to your part of Thailand for several years now must do it.....

Absolutely stunning.. great photos you certainly get to enjoy a beautiful part of the world and have opened our eyes..

Thanks for taking time to enlighten us all - why some fool would choose to ridicule or offer negative comments is beyond comprehension..

Keep up the good work, I will now add Chiang Rai to my must see places in the world, not just Thailand.

May I enquire about internet services in that area?

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

Absolutely stunning.. great photos you certainly get to enjoy a beautiful part of the world and have opened our eyes..

Thanks for taking time to enlighten us all - why some fool would choose to ridicule or offer negative comments is beyond comprehension..

Keep up the good work, I will now add Chiang Rai to my must see places in the world, not just Thailand.

May I enquire about internet services in that area?

Thank you very much. We have pretty good internet depending of course on where you are. Fiber, WiFi, ADSL are available depending on location. No fiber out my way but I do have a good line of sight to a TOT WiFi tower.

Thanks I appreciate your advice..

Looking at Laluna Resort just now as I don't want anything over the top as we usually go for a few months at a time..

Enjoyed Chiang Mai, but mostly go to Phuket or Pattaya and leave after a month to avoid visa issues, then return if required..

May I ask for your preferred dentist in the city?

We have good ones in the southern cities so that would be nice to have a well trained dentist in that city..

Smoky months up that way, a tip for months to avoid would be great.

We are pretty busy until October but look forward to visiting.. Cheers..

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

Maybe it's a WiMax connexion as I have ( with 3BB ) in my home in Issan ;

I have antenna which is 12 meter high in my garden , the "radar" is in direction of the huge antenna , maybe 50 meters high ,where 3 BB has it's amplificators , about 5 kilometers from my house .

Two photos - if the moderator and or villagefarang wants to delete, no problem ; it's only to explain . wai2.gif ( parenthesis in VF line )

post-102759-0-82080300-1461225741_thumb.

post-102759-0-86202200-1461225845_thumb.

Maybe it's a WiMax connexion as I have ( with 3BB ) in my home in Issan ;

I have antenna which is 12 meter high in my garden , the "radar" is in direction of the huge antenna , maybe 50 meters high ,where 3 BB has it's amplificators , about 5 kilometers from my house .

That's a serious but fragile looking tower!!

I like everything about taking landscape photography. You are out getting exercise, enjoying nature and honing your senses. You have no control over the environment and can’t adjust a light or ask your model to move. It is all about being in the moment. Sometimes people just get in the way but other times they become the photo. As a change of pace I thought I would add a few of these happy accidents.

This is a group of our neighbors enjoying a break from planting rice. They are sitting in our front yard.
Workbreak%2B%2B003.jpg

There are many reservoirs in the mountains and hills surrounding our valley and I have been to most of them on my mountain bike. They are lovely when full but can be equally interesting when they dry up and reveal what is hidden beneath the water most of the year.

MTB%2BTrails%2B%2B018.jpg

Dry%2Blake%2B%2B012.jpg

Dry%2Blake%2B%2B008.jpg

I did notice a nice bicycle in one of the photos. I enjoy cycling but I guess the heat up there adds another dimension.

Should be pleasant in the cooler times of the day.

There are many who prefer the cooler times of day but I am not a morning person, besides my rides are in the three to four hour range so I figure there is no escaping the heat. I do okay as long as I keep the sun off my skin and keep moving so I have a breeze. I usually start late morning and often don’t get home until mid afternoon. There is much less traffic midday so I reason I am much safer at that time of day. And yes I wear black.

Black%2BKnight%2B%2B002.jpg

Archived