VillageFarang...Daily life in Thailand and what I see

As I said before, "I like everything about taking landscape photography. You are out getting exercise, enjoying nature and honing your senses. You have no control over the environment and can’t adjust a light or ask your model to move. It is all about being in the moment. Sometimes people just get in the way but other times they become the photo. As a change of pace I thought I would add a few of these happy accidents."

​I was rummaging through my archives and found a few more pictures of people. I'll start with the old.

Faces%2B%2B007.jpg

Faces%2B%2B001.jpg

Faces%2B%2B002.jpg

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As of yesterday this is something I see everyday. After roughly nine years in Chiang Rai we finally got around to upgrading our dining table to something a little bigger.

I come from Hawaii where my father had many monkey pod bowls which he had received as gifts and awards over the years. This is basically the same kind of wood so looking at the woodgrain kind of reminds me of my father.

New%2BTable%2B%2B-%2B1.jpg

We finally got our mountains back, so in spite of the heat, I just had to go out and breath in some fresh air on the bike today. I did make one stop at a river crossing to take a couple of photos with my iPhone. I just wish it had been like this while #Assurancetourix was visiting.

Bike%2B%2B-%2B1.jpg

I had a beautiful weather and can cycle without problems;

error, some slopes of " 8% " which were in reality at 28% were sometimes too difficult to climb ;

often I forget I'm nearly 70 y old cheesy.gif

but less water in the rivers as on your last photo.

It hope I can come again to visit your province wai.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I am guilty of looking for beauty and joy in life. I do the same thing with my pictures. I walked past our village dump today on the way to the reservoir. When I look at the dump I see the top picture where others might be drawn to what is visible in the bottom picture.

dump%2B%2B001.jpg

dump%2B%2B002.jpg

Here is something I see all day, everyday. We move things around from time to time but this is how it looks today.

Open and spacious. Looks to be a nice place to sit and contemplating life :-)

Here is something I see all day, everyday. We move things around from time to time but this is how it looks today.

Open and spacious. Looks to be a nice place to sit and contemplating life :-)

The cats like it and they are kind enough to share their space with us.

Archived