VillageFarang...Daily life in Thailand and what I see

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@VF I've viewed your thread but haven't clicked the like button on each post, but I will say in words instead, I like your photos and what a lovely place/area you live in.

Also please let T-Roa post his shot in that area if you will, you know the score, theres no competing here

Peace...and when can I move in? biggrin.png

I was up at our local reservoir again today and thought I may as well take a couple of pictures.

I've photographed this location myself. I'd post pics, but I don't wish to hijack your thread.

Photographically our reservoir is different everyday so it would be interesting to see what you saw. I am also a little surprised that anyone else has been there as it is a very local sort of place.

@VF I've viewed your thread but haven't clicked the like button on each post, but I will say in words instead, I like your photos and what a lovely place/area you live in.

Also please let T-Roa post his shot in that area if you will, you know the score, theres no competing here

Peace...and when can I move in? biggrin.png

To be honest I am not a fan of automatic likes. They kind of lose there meaning if one feels obligated to like everything. Thanks for this more personal note.wai.gif

Thanks, @villagefarang ...yes, it's certainly NOT on the beaten path, but I like to explore, haha! Actually, I found it on whilst looking for areas of dark sky around Chiang Rai (there aren't many). The first image I made when I first went to scout the location. I arrived around noon, so the light is awful, but I love those submerged trees! The second image was actually my first attempt at astro-photography, and I made a lot of mistakes. I'll have to go back as I think I'd make a better job of it now.

By the way, that glow on the horizon is light-pollution from the city of Chiang Rai some 35km distant. Luckily for you, it's almost imperceptible to the naked eye :-)

20150611-20150611-2886-Edit.jpg

20150911-0074-HDR-Edit-2.jpg

I wanted some exercise today but it was late and I didn’t feel sharp enough to be out on the bike, so I went for a walk. It was extremely hot but just too beautiful to stay indoors. Besides I absolutely love the clouds at this time of year.

Clouds%2B%2B-%2B2.jpg

Clouds%2B%2B-%2B5.jpg

Lots of activity in the fields these days. Everyone is rushing to get their rice planted and I am guessing they will be finished by the time our friends arrive on Monday. The feeding area for the birds is shrinking by the day. The open billed stork is so graceful in flight and I will miss seeing them everyday.

Birds%2B%2B01.jpg

Archived