VillageFarang...Daily life in Thailand and what I see

VF you posted a shot some years ago that was a total green landscape with a clay road running through it (you took it from the roadside)

Post that again please, was one of the most memorable shots I've seen on here.

I have so many of those from my mountain bike rides, I am not sure which one you might mean. Everyone seems to have different favorites. I will have a look to see if I can find something appropriate.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After a sunny day we got this in the afternoon today. We seem to get these passing storms daily for now and I love watching them from my house. A couple days ago I got home from a 58 km bike ride just minutes before one hit. Racing a cloud was exciting.

Rain%2B%2B-%2B1.jpg

On 18/07/2016 at 3:07 AM, villagefarang said:

Did you mean something like these?

Test1++001.jpg

Test++006.jpg

1st of all sorry for qouting the whole post of photos the new forum does not allow me to delete the irrelevant ones.

The 1st photo looks almost like the exact same spot it was took, but when you originally posted it the bushes on the right didn't exist, nice update anyway...looks lovely up there.

• 2 weeks later...

I am using Safari but I am running macOS Sierra which is Beta software, if that make any difference.  I really like the forum upgrade and haven’t run into any problems really on my end.  Can you see the images now?

"Something I have picked up from FaceBook is a habit of taking pictures of food and coffee like these two shots from lunch this week."

Food - 1.jpg

Food - 2.jpg

On 03/08/2016 at 2:33 PM, villagefarang said:

Perhaps this is the one you meant?  Same locations at different times.

Mt%2BBike%2B%2B004%2Bcopy.jpg

Test1++001.jpg

Curious about what you do for post-processing. I like a similar dramatic look in clouds and usually achieve it with NIK plugin for photoshop (mostly with detail enhancement and some dynamic contrast). Are you doing something similar?

I don't have a set formula or way of processing photos.  I sometimes play around in Aperture but more recently I am simply using Photos on my iMac, because it is Apple's news software and I want to see how it works.  This could be seen as an example of what I mean by not taking photography seriously.  I don't join study groups or go on photo outings, I just keep my iPhone or camera around incase I see something.  I don't spend time on photographic 'how to" sites or seek out teachers.  Like with every other hobby of mine, I prefer to learn by doing and I am often doing more than one thing at the same time.  I am lucky in that I pick up most things easily but it probably takes me longer than someone who takes courses and I never become an expert or get really good at anything.  I am not terribly goal oriented but I do enjoy the thrill of figuring something out by myself.  My emotional response to a task is often more important than the results or the technical steps.

47 minutes ago, villagefarang said:

I don't have a set formula or way of processing photos.  I sometimes play around in Aperture but more recently I am simply using Photos on my iMac, because it is Apple's news software and I want to see how it works.  This could be seen as an example of what I mean by not taking photography seriously.  I don't join study groups or go on photo outings, I just keep my iPhone or camera around incase I see something.  I don't spend time on photographic 'how to" sites or seek out teachers.  Like with every other hobby of mine, I prefer to learn by doing and I am often doing more than one thing at the same time.  I am lucky in that I pick up most things easily but it probably takes me longer than someone who takes courses and I never become an expert or get really good at anything.  I am not terribly goal oriented but I do enjoy the thrill of figuring something out by myself.  My emotional response to a task is often more important than the results or the technical steps.

edit: Sorry I meant newest software and missed it in my proofread.  I hate making mistakes.

11 hours ago, villagefarang said:

Like with every other hobby of mine, I prefer to learn by doing and I am often doing more than one thing at the same time.  I am lucky in that I pick up most things easily but it probably takes me longer than someone who takes courses and I never become an expert or get really good at anything.  I am not terribly goal oriented but I do enjoy the thrill of figuring something out by myself.  My emotional response to a task is often more important than the results or the technical steps.

Bolds by myself...

:thumbsup:

If I may add:

I do like the way you "practice" your life, VF. And I'm very close to share your point of view...

Cheers,

Ray

2 hours ago, tangaroa67 said:

The food at that organic farm looks good, VF. Where is it?

https://www.facebook.com/rairuenrom/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

Rai Ruen Rom Organic Farm is near Thoeng.  Once you find the turnoff there are small signs to make sure you don't get lost on the dirt farmer trails.  I posted more pictures in the Chiang Rai Sub-Forum.

Rai Ruen Rom - 3.jpg

Rai Ruen Rom - 13.jpg

Rai Ruen Rom - 14.jpg

Today Mother Nature went overboard and our village rice fields look more like a lake.  Houses and sois were also flooded so nothing for it but to breakout the fishing nets.  The first guy is fishing in the soi at the end of our driveway.  Our driveway ended up being the perfect place to set up nets and more people arrived after the sun came out.

Flood 1 - 3.jpg

Flood 1 - 2.jpg

Flood 1 - 4.jpg

Flood 1 - 1.jpg

1 hour ago, Assurancetourix said:

What about your big fishes in your beautiful pond Villagefarang ?

Here in Sakon Nakhon province , the same as for u; much rain every night but beautiful and warm sun in the day..

One of our meter long catfish was dead on the side of the pond but the sister took it home with her.  I assume they turned it into Larb tonight. 

7 hours ago, shaggy1969 said:

Holy crap,now that was a serious downpour!

Hope that you,yours and the villagers are all safe and unharmed.

Am not giving a like,because I don't think it's appropriate,but I do like that second pic of that set.

A few villagers had water in their homes, MIL included, but no one was hurt.  You could hear screams of joy and laughter whenever they caught anything bigger than a minnow.  This morning we woke to a heavy fog but the water had gone down enough to see the rice again.  Just now it started raining again so how knows what things will look like later.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived