Number of foreign tourists during Songkran festival marks 20.7% increase

webfact

My wife's nephew, a hotel manager in Puke-it, complained about a giant decrease in revenue for his hotel group. He said that Puke-it was loaded with Chi

A proper and truthful comment on this would land me in jail.

I don't know what fantasy world they live in, but I barely see white people in Bangkok on the street...in the BTS...etc. As for Songkran, many from China/Taiwan, but Silom this year for Songkran looked significantly downsized.

My wife's nephew, a hotel manager in Puke-it, complained about a giant decrease in revenue for his hotel group. He said that Puke-it was loaded with Chinese.

There are a few and I saw 4 of quality washing their clothes in the hotel swimming pool this morning. You just cant beat class!

There can be little doubt that the tourism figures are imaginary in terms of numbers and revenue. I have good contacts in the Chiang Mai tourism sector and they reported very poor results, ranging from 50% occupancy to zero over the Songkran period. It is a sterile argument to point fingers at one nation or another, the simple fact is that despite the frantic massaging of numbers the reality is that the last few weeks have been poor. And the increasingly frantic efforts by those in charge of tourism promotion speak to a desperation to hit unrealistic targets. From China being the saviour we now hear that it is India, but both are economies in decline so where is their growth potential? Quite simply we are yet again being fed rubbish by those who add up the numbers. It is called smoke and mirrors!

Archived