Hunt on for pick-up racers who killed 17 year old in Bangkok

webfact

Hunt on for pick-up racers who killed 17 year old

s1.jpg
IMage: Thairath

BANGKOK: -- A massive police hunt is underway in eastern Bangkok to track down members of a pick-up racing gang who set upon and killed a youth in the early hours of Monday morning.

Chertsak (or Pon) Rutdech, 17,was set upon by up to 100 gang members who had set up an impromptu roadblock on the Bang Na - Trat highway. The asthmatic sufferer was unable to flee, Thairath reports.

He was battered to death with rocks, sticks and a pick-axe.

The violence followed altercations between gangs who like to race souped up pick-ups on the highway. There had been problems in Bang Saen and later around seven vehicles from the "Bai Kluay" Club set up the road block on both the slip road and leading to the expressway to confront members lf another gang.

Police found Chertsak dead amongst at least ten blood spattered rocks and other weapons by the side of the local road along the highway.

Dozens of police have been drafted into the Bang Plee - Bang Pakong - Samut Prakarn area as those responsible are hunted. Though the pictures of the vehicles on the Facebook page of the Bai Kluay Club have all been removed, police are following up with associates of the gang and have video footage from a foundation team that were in the area around 2am on Monday.

Police said that the antics of the gang racing on the highway had caused considerable problems for the public but this was an escalation in the problems.

Relatives said that Chertsak had been forbidden from going to Bang Saen on Sunday as the Songkran festivities wound up due to his medical condition. But he went anyway.

His mother Arunrung Bunliang,35,came from Lopburi to the temple of Bang Kleua, Chachengsao, yesterday where his body was laid out. She hugged the corpse and promptly fainted.

Police have said that around 300 vehicles are members of the Bai Kluay Club and that some 70 officers have been brought in to hunt the killers.

Source: Thairath

tvn.png
-- 2016-04-19

If the police had been proactive in stopping these racers this boy might still be alive. You can't stop racers sitting in the police box.

And everyone drives carefully when approaching a static checkpoint, however when clear ... !

thailand is finnished..i dont care what the brain dead rose tint wearers say, this shows a huge problem with THAIS and their society ...land of smiles anyone dont you just love the gentle orange robe wearing culture bah.gif

...land of smiles anyone dont you just love the gentle orange robe wearing culture bah.gif

Yeah! The actions of these cowards couldn't be further from true Buddhist ideals and expected behavior. Hope they catch these scum and throw away the key. More realistically... maximum 3 years jail at the most.

As many have said before........thais don't respect/fear cops as a consequence of their actions!....3 years jail that sounds about right.

i've always said human weakness is the way we think and rationlize......kill someone driving a car or pick-up thru stupidity/drunkeness

and get a slap on the wrist here....On the other hand,get caught with 3 grams of meth and you may find yourself doing a 6 yr stretch.

People who use drugs only affect themselves(not always i know)....but this drag racing between gangs i'm sure could of been nipped in

bud......but hey....the penalties are so light who cares!

land of smiles.........yeah right........poor kid!

thailand is finnished..i dont care what the brain dead rose tint wearers say, this shows a huge problem with THAIS and their society ...land of smiles anyone dont you just love the gentle orange robe wearing culture bah.gif

The monastic culture that you try to blame has nothing to do with road racing gangs.

It does appear to be a rapidly growing problem with gangs running amok. Youth will always produce a gang culture seen throughout the world very often associated with football hooliganism. However in most other countries there are police who will try to tackle the problem rather than the Thai way of hiding around the corner.

Another unsurprising instance of the Thai police's do-nothing attitude leading to a death. It's shocking that they've known about this for so long and yet allow it to go on? Why on earth would they allow roadracing on a busy and massive public road? I wonder. Is it because they have no balls? Or they just don't give a rat's ass about it and are too lazy to enforce the law.

The chief of the police in that district should be shit-canned for dereliction of duty.

If the police had been proactive in stopping these racers this boy might still be alive. You can't stop racers sitting in the police box.

More likely at home asleep, it's during the night, you know.

And everyone drives carefully when approaching a static checkpoint, however when clear ... !

And that's the biggest problem of all. The police here don't patrol and pull people over for breaking the law. They can get the low-hanging fruit at checkpoints (no seatbelt, yammering on the cell phone without a hand's free device, out of date registration) but they can never catch the biggest and most dangerous scofflaws, the ones who drive at dangerous speeds, run red lights and cut other people off at U-turns, etc. etc.

So then also the US and UK are finished (actually they may be lol) but my point being, this has happened all over the world historically speaking, still happens all over the world to this day, and will continue to happen all over the world until we as a species evolve to a point where emotions such as greed anger and jealousy do not control parts of our lives; which probably won't happen.

Ahahahwha, you could say the same for USA, Europe, and so oN..

The monastic culture that you try to blame has nothing to do with road

so how many of the gang members have been ordained? the point the member make is...thai society is hypocritical and has no values that may form the core of behavior...

And they want our bank details for extensions and social media usage etc - better they start with their own youth of today but all the 300 vehicles mysteriously disappeared off the gangs FB page - common BIB, government do your <deleted> job

The monastic culture that you try to blame has nothing to do with road racing gangs.

I t might have; they get their vehicles blessed by the local monk and become invincible. I've even seen pictures of wrecks in a temple to prove that it works...

...land of smiles anyone dont you just love the gentle orange robe wearing culture bah.gif

Yeah! The actions of these cowards couldn't be further from true Buddhist ideals and expected behavior. Hope they catch these scum and throw away the key. More realistically... maximum 3 years jail at the most.

Far less. They will all be the sons of influential people.

Just a hunch, but the kind of kids who can buy trucks and afford all of the upgrades to turn them into sport trucks for racing, may come from wealthy families, thus the reason they have been permitted to be a nuisance. Well, one of the reasons. The other being lazy police.

He is not saying that, or blaming the "monastic culture". The point he is making is that Thailand claims to be the Land Of Smiles and likes to present itself as a peaceful, Buddhist culture. However, in the last 3 or 4 years at least the behaviour seems to be contradicting this claim.

So many reports of violence, murder, corruption, scams etc, etc that you could easily be forgiven for thinking the country is going down the toilet.

This poor guy was set upon by a gang who obviously have little regard for the law, other people and the Police, and it is not a small gang..

RIP this poor fellow, so young and what a terrible way to go.

Just a hunch, but the kind of kids who can buy trucks and afford all of the upgrades to turn them into sport trucks for racing, may come from wealthy families, thus the reason they have been permitted to be a nuisance. Well, one of the reasons. The other being lazy police.

The upgrades actually cost than the truck itself... They are wealthy for sure if they can afford this hobby

The goverment has used the army to help police certain issues. I think that this is an issue where the army can help the police. Wipe these gangs out.

Race tracks are for 'controlled' racing, not public highways.

Archived