Confusion over controversial new Immigration Form

One month ago I applied for my marriage extension at CM immigration. While I was there I filled in the new personal information form (PIF).I have just returned to get my new stamp, and while I was there I also did my 90 day report. The officer asked me why I hadn't filled in the new PIF. I explained that I had already done it one month ago. He told me I needed to do it again every time I visited immigration.  He went on to say don't worry about it this time , but I must do it next time. I tried to again explain I had already done it, it just fell on deaf ears.

i have two questions.

Firstly, is it true that this form needs to be completed on every visit, including 90 day reports.

Secondly, how does immigration know who has filled in the form and who hasn't? I have no way of proving that I had done it previously.

Many thanks.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

hello, has anyone been to Chaeng Wattana recently and is able to provide some first hand info.

- do they require this form each time a visa renewal app. is made?

- do they require this form each time 90-day is reported

- what info. is optional?

thanks

Just filled out the form (for the first time) when doing my retirement extension in Chiang Mai. Nothing much that could be considered controversial in the current, watered down incarnation of the form, they were asking for:

• Name, address and passport number.
    No problem with that, but they have that information already so a bit pointless.
  • Blood type, allergies and name of hospital you are currently visiting in Thailand.
    A bit of an odd request, but I just wrote "unknown", "none" and "none", which was accepted.
  • Name, address and telephone number of emergency contacts in Thailand and your home country.
    In my opinion reasonable information for them to request and could come in handy for them in case you are in a serious accident.
  • Facebook ID, Line ID, e-mail address for Immigration to communicate with you (this section was marked "optional").
    Personally I can't imagine the day Immigration will be communicating with you via social media, but as long as it's clearly marked as optional information then what's the harm. Fill it out if you want to, if not leave it blank. They already have my e-mail address anyway (from my online 90 day reports).

Nothing about places where you frequently go, and the only mention of account number was under the part of the form that is "for official use" and then only to be filled in if you are qualifying for your extension via funds in the bank (so i.e. an account number they already have).

Sophon

Edited by Sophon

I did my 90 day report today and was given the form titled (Additional) Information Form for Foreign National. I was told I could bring it with my next 90 day report. I happened to turn it over and noticed that another farang's visa information and Departure Card had been copied on the reverse side. This kind of incompetence would be almost unbelievable if it were not Thailand. Obviously, my own information is likely to be compromised by these imbeciles, as well. I started to complain, then I thought....."why bother?". All farangs are the same to these people. A shocking example of the abuses of Thai bureaucracy.

I was given this form when I got a 30 day extension at CW in June.

I  rememember very clearly I was old to fill out the information and return the form to them as soon as it was convenient for me.

it never turned out to be convenient for me to return the form to them, so it went into the nearest trash can instead.

That turned out to be much more convenient for me.

49 minutes ago, IMA_FARANG said:

I was given this form when I got a 30 day extension at CW in June.

I  rememember very clearly I was old to fill out the information and return the form to them as soon as it was convenient for me.

it never turned out to be convenient for me to return the form to them, so it went into the nearest trash can instead.

That turned out to be much more convenient for me.

Maybe it could be convenient for them to refuse your next extension. Who knows?

• 3 months later...
Just filled out the form (for the first time) when doing my retirement extension in Chiang Mai. Nothing much that could be considered controversial in the current, watered down incarnation of the form, they were asking for:
  • Name, address and passport number.
    No problem with that, but they have that information already so a bit pointless.
  • Blood type, allergies and name of hospital you are currently visiting in Thailand.
    A bit of an odd request, but I just wrote "unknown", "none" and "none", which was accepted.
  • Name, address and telephone number of emergency contacts in Thailand and your home country.
    In my opinion reasonable information for them to request and could come in handy for them in case you are in a serious accident.
  • Facebook ID, Line ID, e-mail address for Immigration to communicate with you (this section was marked "optional").
    Personally I can't imagine the day Immigration will be communicating with you via social media, but as long as it's clearly marked as optional information then what's the harm. Fill it out if you want to, if not leave it blank. They already have my e-mail address anyway (from my online 90 day reports).
Nothing about places where you frequently go, and the only mention of account number was under the part of the form that is "for official use" and then only to be filled in if you are qualifying for your extension via funds in the bank (so i.e. an account number they already have).

Sophon

Did my 1 year extension and 90 day at CM last week, was not asked to fill in one of these extra info forms.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app