PM Prayut defends his nephew's appointment as normal and legal

webfact

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Soooooo...care to enlighten me ...again: what was "abnormal' and "illegal" about the Thaksin/ Yingluk- thingy?

Yes they did it also but this is about Prayuth the man who vowed to stamp out the old ways. He has proved himself a hypocrite and exactly the same as all that came before him. He has the trough now. He will be overthrown, charged, new reforms and constitution drawn up. A military coup will occur and a new general in power. The wheel will keep turning this is thai politics.

Soooooo...care to enlighten me ...again: what was "abnormal' and "illegal" about the Thaksin/ Yingluk- thingy?

Yes they did it also but this is about Prayuth the man who vowed to stamp out the old ways. He has proved himself a hypocrite and exactly the same as all that came before him. He has the trough now. He will be overthrown, charged, new reforms and constitution drawn up. A military coup will occur and a new general in power. The wheel will keep turning this is thai politics.

I was being sarcastic...

The ones who really got the wool pulled over their eyes on this one were the educated Bangkokians who think they know better than the baan nok (บ้านนอก) what is good for the country...the "reform before elections"/"anyone except Thaksin" crowd.

If they ever figure out how badly they were duped, it should get interesting.

The longer this farce continues, the deeper the hole they are digging for themselves and the quicker people will "react" in a non-approved manner.

When it all falls apart, and it will at some point, there is going to be a massive cleaning of the house within the "military".

I hope that at the same time there will also be a big clear out in the RTP.

This of course was also a reason given for the military takeover.

If it happened, it must have been during my after lunch nap one day.

The prime minister asked critics not to view the case as a family affairs because of the Chan-ocha surname saying that he might change his surname so the case should be over.

You need to be a skilled comedian to make statements like that clap2.gif

The guy has certainly missed his calling in stand up comedy...... or has he? is this whole PM thing his most elaborate joke yet. gigglem.gifgigglem.gif

his stage name is Uncle Too and as he has publically stated before "I'm a funny guy."

Was that funny or phony or both ?

I urge all TV members to watch the PM's Friday address to the nation.

Disregard the words.

Body language says it all.

When it comes on my neighbour changes to another channel, ANY other channel.

how would that help?

he's on EVERY channel on the Thai TV networks!

"He maintained that the appointment of his nephew, son of defence permanent secretary General Preecha Chan-ocha, did not contravene with the administrative procedure act which prohibits the recruitment of relatives into government services because it was a replacement for a vacancy following the retirement of an officer."

Eh? Was something lost in the translation here? blink.png

The ones who really got the wool pulled over their eyes on this one were the educated Bangkokians who think they know better than the baan nok (บ้านนอก) what is good for the country...the "reform before elections"/"anyone except Thaksin" crowd.

Not to mention quite a few ex-pat TV posters. We all know who they are.

I notice they don't have much to say now as they may have realised they too believed all the BS coming out of comedy central.

And that's the problem in a nutshell: nepotistic postings are normal and legal. coffee1.gif

And we have a PM who thinks that changing one's surname removes all familial connections... thumbsup.gif

Should be another chapter in the book "Amazing Thailand" Yes you have to love the name changing part. I wonder what Fred Flintstone would change his name to?

Not to mention quite a few ex-pat TV posters. We all know who they are.

I notice they don't have much to say now as they may have realised they too believed all the BS coming out of comedy central.

Yessir...lot of <crickets> from that corner of TV...

I was chatting with a good friend (one of the aforementioned educated Bangkokians) at the beginning of this fiasco, and I asked him what is the plan for all of this? His response, "We will get Thaksin out and worry about the rest later".

I have put off querying him recently about his thoughts re: the current "administration"...but it will probably happen soon.

To clarify my position vis a vis Thaksin Shinawatra: I never thought he was an especially good or bad PM. I think for a smart businessman, he made a very big mistake re: the sale of AIS to Temasek. (BTW, funny how several years down the road that has come full circle and the ownership of AIS is for the most part back where it started).

Thaksin not paying taxes on the gains from that sale was found to be within the letter of the law. However, for a guy who is by all indications a very smart businessman, and already had more money than <choose your deity> anyway, he made a very serious error in judgement there. He could have said, "By law I do not have to pay taxes on this. However, as a gift and a way of saying acknowledging the contributions of the people of Thailand to my success, I will voluntarily give 10% of these proceeds to the people of Thailand". He would have never missed the difference, and might still very well be in power.

And that's the problem in a nutshell: nepotistic postings are normal and legal. coffee1.gif

And we have a PM who thinks that changing one's surname removes all familial connections... thumbsup.gif

Should be another chapter in the book "Amazing Thailand" Yes you have to love the name changing part. I wonder what Fred Flintstone would change his name to?

"The prime minister asked critics not to view the case as a family affairs because of the Shinawatra surname saying that she might change her surname so the case should be over." Yeah, nah, that does't work either... crazy.gif

Why do you think they are getting new metro lines ( purple and orange lines isn't it?) and so on.

When that tap runs dry the mutterings may well begin.

Disregard the words.

I hereby submit myself to ridicule or AA by confessing to watching the Friday night comedy show. Last week there was a complete change to the normal diatribe by the PM, when a new question and answer format was introduced. The questioner was hardly a Jeremy Paxman clone, being a woman in military service who had a tendency to smile and nod her head, just like those plastic imitation nodding dogs one often sees on the back shelf of a limo in Europe The balance of questions to answers over the 45 minute show was probably 4 (total - 1 minute) of questions to 4 (total - 40 minutes) of answers by the PM. Obviously an unscripted and spontaneous 45 minutes of airtime by the PM! .

Disregard the words.

I hereby submit myself to ridicule or AA by confessing to watching the Friday night comedy show. Last week there was a complete change to the normal diatribe by the PM, when a new question and answer format was introduced. The questioner was hardly a Jeremy Paxman clone, being a woman in military service who had a tendency to smile and nod her head, just like those plastic imitation nodding dogs one often sees on the back shelf of a limo in Europe The balance of questions to answers over the 45 minute show was probably 4 (total - 1 minute) of questions to 4 (total - 40 minutes) of answers by the PM. Obviously an unscripted and spontaneous 45 minutes of airtime by the PM! .

Getting desperate, he understands that more people are laughing at him than take him seriously, so on goes the silk suit, the rimless glasses and in comes a female soldier (must appeal to the women in Thailand because thee men are usually pointless). Said female soldier must be a real Thai, full to the brim of Thainess and sporting a permanent grin, even while talking, a habit acquired over many years, and which renders the speaker looking like a ventriloquist's dummy.

Somebody should tell these people that a smile done with the mouth alone is readily interpretable as false. A real smile includes most areas of the face. and that a smile which can be seen to be non-genuine implies deceit and dishonesty.

And a dismissive wave with the right hand implies arrogance and dishonesty. Oh. Sorry Mr Prayuth.

Still, I'm sure his Mum still loves him.

Yes Khum PM this is normal but still called nepatism when you place a family member to a office when his uncle and father do the hiring! Qualifications of other Thais that could do the job better disregarded! Names change but every thing is still the same!

I'll change my name the then! That's the sort of silly logic that made programs on tv such as "only fools and horses" great. If the situation were not so critical in LoS a lot of these comments would make great comedy.

Clearly, personally appointing a family member to a position of authority is ill advised, especially in the present circumstances. One has to wonder how much of this stuff will survive when a correctly formed, constituted and elected government eventually resumes control, one way or another.

When one is the sole legal authority for a country...then of course filling the government with family members is normal and legal...

Which family member is being groomed to take over when the PM finally steps-down at the age of 75?

Those who do not like this turn of events...raise your hand so we can take you to an attitude adjustment seminar...

Why do you think they are getting new metro lines ( purple and orange lines isn't it?) and so on.

When that tap runs dry the mutterings may well begin.

I cannot disagree there...

Big news public works distracts the masses.

"Bread and circuses...."

The prime minister asked critics not to view the case as a family affairs because of the Chan-ocha surname saying that he might change his surname so the case should be over.

You need to be a skilled comedian to make statements like that clap2.gif

HOW can he even say things like that with a straight face?

Can anyone here who speaks Thai with proficiency tell me, is there any chance that he is trying to joke when he says this stuff? Is this the Thai equivalent of a sarcastic joke? Some form of really bad deadpan humor?

Archived