PM Prayut defends his nephew's appointment as normal and legal

webfact

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Soooooo...care to enlighten me ...again: what was "abnormal' and "illegal" about the Thaksin/ Yingluk- thingy?

I guess you weren't here during the Shiniwatra reign, and before. I remember his outrageous corrupt activities started as Deputy PM under Big Jiw Chavalit. Nepotism, cronyism were present to the extreme with old class mates/family being put in senior police and army positions.

Soooooo...care to enlighten me ...again: what was "abnormal' and "illegal" about the Thaksin/ Yingluk- thingy?

I guess you weren't here during the Shiniwatra reign, and before. I remember his outrageous corrupt activities started as Deputy PM under Big Jiw Chavalit. Nepotism, cronyism were present to the extreme with old class mates/family being put in senior police and army positions.

Yes, TOTALLY different from the situation today, right?

Have you even read the OP???

Yes, TOTALLY different from the situation today, right?

Have you even read the OP???

Yes, totally worse corruption, nepotism and cronyism.

"The prime minister asked critics not to view the case as a family affairs because of the Chan-ocha surname saying that he might change his surname so the case should be over.

He went on saying that neither of his two daughters has wanted to follow his footstep to join the military service."

Don't worry, he'll (I'll?) change his name and then we won't be family anymore so its not nepotism. In any case, this is the last one. So shut up!

My dear wife note not noted for her political skills puts all this into perspective

I paraphrase it

Sadly as much as we laugh at or like or despise him he or one of his mates will be there until" it happens" then that's the really worrying part!!!

And now everything is better?

yeah, just as normal as under previous governments, so much for reform hey ?

As to legal, of course it is, if you can create your own charter and laws, one can make everything legal.

If you had read the OP closely instead of instantly heaping blame on this government you would hav e noticed that this has been happening for many years/decades and ALL of the governments and NOT just this one.

Having said that I am in total agreement that it is 100% wrong and at some time in the future It will pop up once again and used as a stick to beat someone with.

If it is legal then it is a loophole that must be closed.

I could bore you by stating that a former PM who shall remain nameless promoted a cousin to a far higher position in the Army than he was qualified to be. But I won't.

I urge all TV members to watch the PM's Friday address to the nation.

Disregard the words.

Body language says it all.

When it comes on my neighbour changes to another channel, ANY other channel.

how would that help?

he's on EVERY channel on the Thai TV networks!

If you have a set top box you are not always limited to Thai TV. Were you not aware of that?

keep it in the family, brothers, sisters, cousins, nothing ever changes here, another snout in the trough

It worked for Thaksin, didn't it?

First Thaksin

Next brother in law, Somchai Wongsawat.

After him was the younger sister Yingluck.

The rumour this year was that his son, Panthongtae was being groomed as a politician and a possible future PM.

I urge all TV members to watch the PM's Friday address to the nation.

Disregard the words.

Body language says it all.

When it comes on my neighbour changes to another channel, ANY other channel.

how would that help?

he's on EVERY channel on the Thai TV networks!

If you have a set top box you are not always limited to Thai TV. Were you not aware of that?

of course I am aware of that.

I was referring to the free to air Thailand tv networks

And now everything is better?

Absolutely. Can't you see that one of the reasons they are in power is to keep that dangerous egomaniac out of the country.

Archived