OYNB: One year no beer.

A short book written by ex footballer Andy Ramage, detailing his experience on his first year sober.

On the back of this he has started a website. Here, people share blogs updating their progress and improvements in their life. There are also forums to discuss topics related to staying sober. You can choose to do the 30, 90 or full 365 day challenge.

He has advised me that there will soon be live webinars, so groups from all over the world can get together and chat about their sobriety.

Currently the only meetings are in UK, but that will expand. When I say meet ups, it's more fitness, sporty, or other types of fun hobbies we can actually do, when we have a clear head and are more focused on the goals we want to achieve.

So, if you're interested download the book from the website, a quick google search will find it. Go ahead and join the forums.

Hopefully I will be hosting a OYNB skype meet up in the future, for the Asia Pacific region. The UK has regular fitness and other activity meet ups too. Fingers crossed we can get something like that going here.

Fingers crossed we can get something like that going here.

If it's in Bangkok or nearby, I'm in. (Given all the caveats about work and schedules, etc)

One thing I miss greatly from back home are the activities that happen outside of the meetings, where real life intrudes, and I get to see how sober people (that I admire greatly) deal with it when it does.

Not how they say they deal with it after they've had time to reflect and process. How they really deal with it when it's right now, in their face. I've learned a ton just from watching those guys and gals.

• 4 months later...

Archived