Dental Implant prices that I have been quoted in Thailand

IGUN

Hello

I just thought it'd be useful to post the various prices I have been quoted for dental work and implants, this April 2016. I believe it'll be useful for others too. Quite a large range:

Dental 4U in Chian Mai

· IMPLANT: Osstem TSIII SA - 36,000 THB/per tooth

· IMPLANT: Osstem TSIII CA - 40,000 THB/per tooth

· IMPLANT: Straumann SLA - 55,000 THB/per tooth

· IMPLANT: Struamann SLA Active implant - 60,000 THB/per tooth

· Extraction simple - 500-1,000 THB/per tooth OR complicated tooth 1,000-3,000 THB/per tooth

· bone graft: - 20,000-30,000 THB/ area

DC Dental Clinic - Chiang Mai

· Extraction: 600-800 Baht each

· IMPLANT - one implant with a crown is around 50,000-60,000 Baht

studiosmilethailand

· IMPLANT: Osstem- Korea 55,000THB/implant,

· IMPLANT: Astratech- Sweden 68,000 THB/implant,

· IMPLANT: Straumann ITI- Switzerland 75,000 THB/implant

www.dentalpattayabeach.com

· Simple tooth extraction-500-800baht

· Complicated tooth extraction-1,000-2,000baht

· Impacted tooth surgical removal-1,500-4,000baht

· IMPLANT: Intra-Lock implant system from the U.S & crown - 48,000 Baht

BIDC: bangkokdentalcenter

· Xray simple - 200BAHT

· XRAY Panoramic - 1200BAHT

· CT scan is THB 5,000 – 10,000BAHT

· Extraction - Normal 1000 - 1500 BAHT, Complex 2000 - 2500 BAHT

· Surgical removal - 4000 to 15000BAHT depending on complexity

· IMPLANT: Titanium implant Intralock : THB 70,000 /implant

· IMPLANT: Titanium Straumann SLAcive : THB 85,000 /implant

· IMPLANT: Titanium implant AstraTech : THB 85,000 per implant

· IMPLANT: Titanium implant Nobel Biocare : THB 80,000-THB 85,000 /implant

· IMPLANT: Roxolid Straumann SLA : THB 85,000 /implant

· IMPLANT: Roxolid Straumann SLActive: THB 90,000 /implant

chiangmaidentalhospital

· Extraction - 800-1,000 baht

· IMPLANT: 55,000 baht

Bumrungrad CRM

· Dental Implant (ITI - Straumann or Astra Tech) - 136,500 – 168,000 Baht per abutment/per tooth.

· Bone Graft - 8,400 – 42,000 Baht

·

phyathai Sriracha Hospital

· IMPLANT: "Ostem" brand - 50,000 Thai baht /implant inc crown

DENTAL HOSPITAL BANGKOK

· Extraction - 1,500-2,500 Baht per tooth

· surgical removal of erupted tooth 3,000-4,000 Baht per tooth

· surgical unerupted tooth removal 4,500-6,000 Baht per tooth

· IMPLANT: 99,000-120,000 Baht per tooth

· initial dental check up is 200 Baht

· intraoral x-ray 200 Baht per film

· panoramic x-ray 1,000 Baht

· filling 1,400-2,200 Baht/ tooth (larger cavities cost more)

· panoramic x-ray costs 1,000 Baht

· CT Scan 6,000 Baht

BNH (bnh.co.th)

· IMPLANT: 95,000 THB/implant

Dental Smile Pattaya

· Extraction - 800 - 1000 BAHT

· IMPLANT - 47000 BAHT

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pertaining to your line items dealing with implants saying the crown is included in the price, can one assume that if the crown is not mentioned, it is not included in the price and will be an additional and separate expense? Thanks.

I am currently in Khon Kaen, Thailand. I need a cap and two fillings. Can someone recommend a good dental office? And, if you know the prices for the work let me know.

Thanks

Gary, I've only read good things about phyathai Sriracha Hospital.

I'm considering it for this summer.

Dr Warin Pattaya 35,000 Baht for Implant with crown. March 2016 price

Hello Chivas:

I've emailed him twice now. I've read favourable reviews and would be happy to use his services. His website is still under development so only has his contact email and telephone.

Any suggestions?

Need an extraction/implant & would like to replace a bridge (am guessing it would need an implant/crown + a couple more crowns to replace the damage done by the bridge), anybody recommend a dentist who would do the work over a number of weekend "Fly-Ins" (working in Singapore currently).

Thx

JB

My wife fell breaking her jaw and teeth. As well as other non-related dental work the quote in Nakhon Sawan was 335,000 THB for work done on 18 teeth including 5 implants, 4 crowns & 3 bridges.

I sent xrays to dentists in Calcutta and we are going in Jan for stage 1 over 2 weeks, then stage 2 over a week 3 months later. For a cost of 116,000 THB (INR equivalent). Great food & drink whilst there too!!

It's quite common here for many extras (necessary or not) to be charged for so it's important to ensure from the outset that the price quoted will be the total payable for the entire procedure. If you have not had previous good experience of the clinic/hospital then get that confirmation in writing.

I've lost track of the number of times I've been lied to here.

Need an extraction/implant & would like to replace a bridge (am guessing it would need an implant/crown + a couple more crowns to replace the damage done by the bridge), anybody recommend a dentist who would do the work over a number of weekend "Fly-Ins" (working in Singapore currently).

Any implant procedure properly done will require several visits of an hour or less each, spread over perhaps 3-6 months.

Beware of people offering "instant" implants which, I was told by my European dentist, are not at all of the same quality.

My personal recommendation would be for Phyathai in Si Racha though obviously their availability at weekends would need to be discussed.

Remember that some things might not be clear until work starts, especially the need for and the extent of bone grafting.

Remember that a dentist can place implants with much more assurance if he's got a 3D X-ray at hand. In the case of replacing molars where there's a close nerve that has to be avoided, a 3D X-ray can be critically important.

Remember that some implant brands are not very widely used around the world. You might need further work on the implant in years to come for a variety of reasons, and if that brand of implant isn't widely used where you're then living you might have problems dealing with it. Most dentists are trained and stock parts for only a few of the many implant brands now out there.

Gary, I've only read good things about phyathai Sriracha Hospital.

I'm considering it for this summer.

Dr Warin Pattaya 35,000 Baht for Implant with crown. March 2016 price

Hello Chivas:

I've emailed him twice now. I've read favourable reviews and would be happy to use his services. His website is still under development so only has his contact email and telephone.

Any suggestions?

I can only say he responds to Email fairly promptly normally ??

Remember that some things might not be clear until work starts, especially the need for and the extent of bone grafting.

This is true. However at Phyathai the dentist told me that I may need one or two containers of bone graft and in advance gave me the price per container, which was on top of the cost of the implant. This seems fair. In the end she used just one and I paid for just one, which also seems fair.

Any implant procedure properly done will require several visits of an hour or less each, spread over perhaps 3-6 months.

Beware of people offering "instant" implants which, I was told by my European dentist, are not at all of the same quality.

My personal recommendation would be for Phyathai in Si Racha though obviously their availability at weekends would need to be discussed.

Agree completely, I'm not expecting to get the implant done over a weekend just hoping to get the work that's needed at each stage done between Friday & Monday.

My expectations are something like 3 months between the extraction & the fitting of the implant then another 3 months until the finished crown is fitted with maybe a check-up visit 1/2 way between.

Will check out Phyathai in Si Racha.

One additional question, will they extract the tooth if my BP is a little high? I tried to have it extracted in Bali but because the diastolic reading was 95 they said they couldn't do it, pretty sure it's back to normal now (I'd been in holiday mode for months at that time), but keen to get the process started even if it means it bleeds a bit longer.

Not sure you've covered all the visits. There'll be a visit about two weeks after the extraction to check the condition and remove the stitches. Ditto the implant insertion, especially if stitches were needed for a bone graft. And fitting the crown will easily take more than two visits, depending.

And if you're getting more than one implant, remember that dentists will normally be working on only one section of the mouth at a time. Three implants in different parts of the mouth can take well over a year to complete.

Agree completely, I'm not expecting to get the implant done over a weekend just hoping to get the work that's needed at each stage done between Friday & Monday.

My expectations are something like 3 months between the extraction & the fitting of the implant then another 3 months until the finished crown is fitted with maybe a check-up visit 1/2 way between.

Will check out Phyathai in Si Racha.

One additional question, will they extract the tooth if my BP is a little high? I tried to have it extracted in Bali but because the diastolic reading was 95 they said they couldn't do it, pretty sure it's back to normal now (I'd been in holiday mode for months at that time), but keen to get the process started even if it means it bleeds a bit longer.

As far as I know it is sometimes possible to insert the implant as soon as the tooth is extracted. It all depends on the individual circumstances and how big the old tooth was and how easily it came out. Obviously if this can be done it will save you one trip and a month or so of waiting.

I have found that Dr Suwannagate at Si Racha does the job properly and doesn't cut corners. This is what I want from a dentist (and indeed any other professional). I would have faith in her judgement in this respect.

Being old and fat my BP is always quite high and it has never stopped them from doing anything. When I had my first implant I wasnt yet on BP reducing medicine and the nurse who took my BP actually asked me if I felt all right. smile.png When I have a dental appointment I do try and remember to stop taking my daily 80mg of aspirin.

Not sure you've covered all the visits. There'll be a visit about two weeks after the extraction to check the condition and remove the stitches. Ditto the implant insertion, especially if stitches were needed for a bone graft. And fitting the crown will easily take more than two visits, depending.

All my three crowns were done in two visits each: one to take the impression and one to fit the crown.

For people who are coming a long way I would imagine that it might be possible to get the stitches checked by a local dentist, so as to avoid that extra trip. I remember that all my stitches just fell out as designed and whilst I did go back to Si Racha to have them looked at (just a short drive for me) there was nothing to do and no charge.

Whether same-day extraction and implant insertion is possible also depends on the dentist. More conservative dentists prefer the two-step procedure.

My recollection is that once the implant was ready for a crown, the gum was cut to expose the implant root and the abutment was fitted. But the dentist didn't want to take an impression for the crown until the gum had healed. I'm a bit hazy on what happened at each visit, but it was quite a few visits in all: more than two after the implant was inserted, certainly.

I also seem to recall wearing the crown as a trial for a week, then going back to have it permanently cemented in. Remember that fixing a crown on an implant needs more precision than fixing one on a natural tooth, since a natural tooth can move just a tiny bit over time to adjust precisely to the bite and adjoining teeth. An implant is solidly fixed to the bone, and won't budge even a smidgen, so the crown has to fit perfectly from Day One.

As well, most implants that fail fail in the first few months after insertion, and since most dentists will re-do a failed implant free -- under certain circumstances, of course -- they like to keep an eye on the implant for signs of trouble. Infection, for example, might cause an implant failure but it can usually be controlled if caught early enough.

The message is, if you do this while living outside Thailand, follow the standard appointment schedule your dentist suggests; don't press him to shorten the process simply because it's a hassle for you to fly into Bangkok. Implants are too important for shortcuts. Otherwise, have the implants done at home.

I also seem to recall wearing the crown as a trial for a week, then going back to have it permanently cemented in.

Hmm. I certainly did not have a trial.

The crown was put in place, my bite was checked, adjustments made (crown ground down slightly), then it was put in place again and that was it. It seemed all to be done by pressure and I'm not aware that any cement was used at any time. I could be completely mistaken about that though.

India have increased the visa application fees to about two hundred quid for UK nationals. I've found some recommendations but after adding these fees, it isn't much different.

One VERY important question I learn is does the Dr. that loads the implant do all the the rest of the work ( abutment design , crown preparation and putting all this together and on ) or does this work get shuffled off to a less experienced person at the clinic ? Also ask if it's the actual implant going to be the new better looking cosmetically yet more challenging to complete ( more cost to clinic ) Bone Level Implant that has far superior cosmetic results and less bone reabsorption .. Or is it an older design tissue level implant ( that will soon disappear as the bone level implants become the new standard with superior results not seeing the gray abutment through the gum and less bone reabsorption ) that the clinic may be needing to get rid of so they can start stocking the newer more advanced bone level implants most Dr.'s now prefer to use in most cases especially with the anterior teeth .

Sure wish I had been given the heads up about this and much more before I started . " just trust your Dr. the Dr. say ? Even when I am driving ant the light turns green I still look both ways before I go to be careful and it's the same with this important procedure ... Investigate everything so you can really be a part of what you are paying for .

Thanks very much to the OP for posting his recap of various prices and places. Very informative.

As noted above, price is not everything. There's the type/manufacturer of implant that's being used (which will influence the price a lot) and of course the skill and capabilities of the implantologist.

Hopefully, you can find a good combination of all 3 -- good quality implant, skilled implantologist, and fair, decent price.

Not so easy to find all together here, though.

Bumrungrad CRM

· Dental Implant (ITI - Straumann or Astra Tech) - 136,500 – 168,000 Baht per abutment/per tooth.

· Bone Graft - 8,400 – 42,000 Baht·

DENTAL HOSPITAL BANGKOK

· Extraction - 1,500-2,500 Baht per tooth

· surgical removal of erupted tooth 3,000-4,000 Baht per tooth

· surgical unerupted tooth removal 4,500-6,000 Baht per tooth

· IMPLANT: 99,000-120,000 Baht per tooth

·

From my experience, the main implants doctor at BDH (Suk Soi 49) is one of the staff implantologists at Bumrungrad. And consistent with what I was told at the time, the price for the same dentist and same procedure at BDH, while high, was going to be less than the even higher price at Bumrungrad.

That said, that particular doctor at BDH did an extraction of a damaged tooth I had after I had consulted with that doctor about doing a subsequent implant. But after the extraction and my experience with the consultation there, I decided I wouldn't be going back to them to do the implant. And their pricing for it wasn't the main issue.

India have increased the visa application fees to about two hundred quid for UK nationals. I've found some recommendations but after adding these fees, it isn't much different.

Probably for 1 year visa $60 for short term 30 days,can get medical visa cheap but yes India starting $700

Archived