Dental Implant prices that I have been quoted in Thailand

IGUN

20 hours ago, atyclb said:

I still have porcelain fused over metal crowns done over 12 years ago doing great.  they are fixed over original teeth.  not that i could not have afforded zirconia, the pfm were cost effective and the most logical way to go in my case. more expensive does not mean better. 

Whatever works. I could get porcelain over metal this time, 4,000 baht vs 8,000 time two, so 8,000 baht extra for two caps of pure zirconia. It probably won't make a bit of difference, but then I'm not saving a single dime really, because I'll most likely be dead in 15-20 years. There will be $242 less to my heirs who won't know the difference, but I'll sure sleep a lot better with fewer nightmares about electrical currents, corrosion and rusted out implants. Not to be at all critical because if I was 40 years old on a tight budget and just going for caps over natural teeth, I'd do it your way.   

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, cusanus said:

Whatever works. I could get porcelain over metal this time, 4,000 baht vs 8,000 time two, so 8,000 baht extra for two caps of pure zirconia. It probably won't make a bit of difference, but then I'm not saving a single dime really, because I'll most likely be dead in 15-20 years. There will be $242 less to my heirs who won't know the difference, but I'll sure sleep a lot better with fewer nightmares about electrical currents, corrosion and rusted out implants. Not to be at all critical because if I was 40 years old on a tight budget and just going for caps over natural teeth, I'd do it your way.   

LOL your being dead soon rationale is great.

considering your voiced concerns including paranoia and nightmares about corrosion. electricity and rust i'd imagine at age 40 youd beg borrow or steal to avoid more years of nightmares.

a dentist in vienna removes teeth and using a zirconia cnc mills an exact copy of the root then treats the surface for good osseointegration. this anatomically correct zirconia is the implant and fits just like the natural tooth. no need for sinus lift, no worry about nerve or sinus damage from the screw in implant. the crown and/or abutment is custom milled from zirconium. this eliminates the need to worry about literally hundreds of different sizes, styles, of screw in implant, abutments, healing caps, drills, etc etc.

18 hours ago, atyclb said:

LOL your being dead soon rationale is great.

considering your voiced concerns including paranoia and nightmares about corrosion. electricity and rust i'd imagine at age 40 youd beg borrow or steal to avoid more years of nightmares.

a dentist in vienna removes teeth and using a zirconia cnc mills an exact copy of the root then treats the surface for good osseointegration. this anatomically correct zirconia is the implant and fits just like the natural tooth. no need for sinus lift, no worry about nerve or sinus damage from the screw in implant. the crown and/or abutment is custom milled from zirconium. this eliminates the need to worry about literally hundreds of different sizes, styles, of screw in implant, abutments, healing caps, drills, etc etc.

Oh, my, another great white bwana from a civilized country and a high IQ scientific whiz. Begin your sentences with caps. This is Thailand, not Vienna, but both are proper nouns, Einstein. You are quite foolish to think implants of any kind can't fail. If you've actually had any done by a reputable surgeon, you'd have been informed of that and required to sign a waiver. Stop playing psychiatrist. Ok, you're talking about zirconia implants as opposed to titanium? Read the posts. These are much more expensive, prone to breakage, and always doable because of the extra size, especially in the upper jaw. For you, maybe, a trip to Vienna for bottom jaw molars might be the best way to go, but it's not for everyone.  But you got me, even at age 30, I'd pay a hundred or two extra for zirconia caps over metal or porcelain. I don't dress my wife in rags, wear the same clothes every day or skimp on my health.  So, I'll tell you what, if my titanium implants are among the 1-4% that do fail, I'll swap them out for the zirconia. No need to go to Vienna, though, you can do that in Thailand. In any case, kudos for pointing out that zirconia implants can be a good thing. 

2 hours ago, cusanus said:

Oh, my, another great white bwana from a civilized country and a high IQ scientific whiz. Begin your sentences with caps. This is Thailand, not Vienna, but both are proper nouns, Einstein. You are quite foolish to think implants of any kind can't fail. If you've actually had any done by a reputable surgeon, you'd have been informed of that and required to sign a waiver. Stop playing psychiatrist. Ok, you're talking about zirconia implants as opposed to titanium? Read the posts. These are much more expensive, prone to breakage, and always doable because of the extra size, especially in the upper jaw. For you, maybe, a trip to Vienna for bottom jaw molars might be the best way to go, but it's not for everyone.  But you got me, even at age 30, I'd pay a hundred or two extra for zirconia caps over metal or porcelain. I don't dress my wife in rags, wear the same clothes every day or skimp on my health.  So, I'll tell you what, if my titanium implants are among the 1-4% that do fail, I'll swap them out for the zirconia. No need to go to Vienna, though, you can do that in Thailand. In any case, kudos for pointing out that zirconia implants can be a good thing. 

not a scientific quiz. caps take longer to type. thank you for the einstein comparison but im not worthy of it, i had to look up the term "bwana" . your "dead soon" rationale imo was great and my comment meant as a compliment. forgive me if it triggered you. 

where did i write implants implants of any kind cannot fail????    what you term "waiver" is an "informed consent" not intended to waive liability if indeed negligence by commission or omission occurs.

zirconia implants are not much more expensive in actuality as the hardware cost for dentist is a little more. perhaps some dentists mark up the price a lot?

imo the root analogue zirconia implant is very interesting and it is the most anatomically and physiologically correct. do you not think any tv forum members have intellectual curiosity? 

more knowledge is usually a good thing.  when i was in university playing basketball i injured a knee. one surgeon insisted i must have an open reconstruction done or else; big time arthritis by age 30, and lots of other bad things including instability. after doing research and following advice of less money hungry surgeon i did rehab and exercise. knee recovered to 99,9% pre injury function, can do any sport i did before just as well if not better.

by the way how did you know my wife wears rags and i wear the same clothes every day ???  secret

"Cost – The cost to manufacture zirconia (think cubic zirconia jewelry) is higher than titanium so zirconia implants will cost patients more money. The cost to the dentist for a Titanium implant is typically between $300 and $500, whereas Zirconia implants range between $500 and $600."   in USD

source . www.sarasotadentistry.com/dental-blog/zircona-dental-implants-vs-titanium-implants/

On 1/6/2018 at 10:52 AM, atyclb said:

not a scientific quiz. caps take longer to type. thank you for the einstein comparison but im not worthy of it, i had to look up the term "bwana" . your "dead soon" rationale imo was great and my comment meant as a compliment. forgive me if it triggered you..... 

by the way how did you know my wife wears rags and i wear the same clothes every day ???  secret

I earnestly beg your forgiveness for my contentious tone. I'm often irritable when I first get out of bed, also prone to sarcasm, for which there was no excuse unless the humor was appreciated. The last comment by atyclb gives more detailed info about zirconia implants. As for the medical profession except for rare exceptions I have extreme distrust and am prone to lie in the street and die an agonizing death before letting them touch me. There are many things that they do remarkably well and save lives, but more often it's a race to leave your heirs penniless before they finally kill you. I'm hoping that my implants last longer than 20 years, though, would hate to be doing it over at age 90 or be toothless, but for now I am extremely pleased with the great job done by Elite Smile in the Pantip Plaza. Very well done.  

4 hours ago, cusanus said:

I earnestly beg your forgiveness for my contentious tone. I'm often irritable when I first get out of bed, also prone to sarcasm, for which there was no excuse unless the humor was appreciated. The last comment by atyclb gives more detailed info about zirconia implants. As for the medical profession except for rare exceptions I have extreme distrust and am prone to lie in the street and die an agonizing death before letting them touch me. There are many things that they do remarkably well and save lives, but more often it's a race to leave your heirs penniless before they finally kill you. I'm hoping that my implants last longer than 20 years, though, would hate to be doing it over at age 90 or be toothless, but for now I am extremely pleased with the great job done by Elite Smile in the Pantip Plaza. Very well done.  

rest easy as the dental profession does not kill nearly as many as the physicians do.

• 5 weeks later...

My wife has now had all upper teeth removed and will have either ‘all on 6’ or all on 4. The cost in India is between 90,000 and 136,000 baht equivalent and will take 12 days, a 4/5 month gap then 12-14 days.

Visas, fights, hotel and food etc add about another 120,000 which is still cheaper than here. Also India gives 10 year guarantee but Thai dentists I’ve asked only give one year.

3 hours ago, Changoverandout said:

My wife has now had all upper teeth removed and will have either ‘all on 6’ or all on 4. The cost in India is between 90,000 and 136,000 baht equivalent and will take 12 days, a 4/5 month gap then 12-14 days.

Visas, fights, hotel and food etc add about another 120,000 which is still cheaper than here. Also India gives 10 year guarantee but Thai dentists I’ve asked only give one year.

can you post a link to the dentist that did it?

On 2/10/2017 at 12:07 PM, mcfish said:

Excellent report! I've saved it for the near future and will go the same dentist. Can I ask what pain control method you chose?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

a bit late but interesting about dental pain control in thailand.  my usa dentist routinely prescribed opiate containing pills for dental pain. even vicodin and without requesting opiates. i believe her rationale was to give something that would have the best chance to control pain so her and her patients could sleep at night. all pharmacies in usa fill rx for opiates unlike thailand.

have had dental work also done in cambodia and vietnam where my strategy was to have ibuprofen and codeine available should the motrin not be adequate. codeine is otc in viet and cambo and no big deal and addicts are not waiting on queue to buy it.

6 hours ago, Changoverandout said:

The question in my mind is what brand of implant she will get and what material to be used for the caps. That's awfully cheap, or inexpensive might be a better term. And for the equivalent brand and material in Thailand what is the cost of that? Hope this works out, you'll have to keep us posted.

for some perspective found some reference prices for crowns and implants that include the brands . (india)

http://www.goeldentalcare.com/cost-of-dental-procedures.html

from what i know about pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers is they will often price their products differently according to the market. india is a big country with many people and many dentists and doctors and lots of competition amongst each other.

you can convert india rupees to any currency at xe.com . but generally the cost seems to be a fraction of thailand. thailand seems to be at the upper end of cost in se asia. i had a porcelain fused metal crown at a well known bkk dentist and cost about 6000 baht. had the same crown in vietnam with an excellent dentist and cost less than 3,ooo baht.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey I just wanted to bump this and see what the current posters think...any advice? I will be back in Lalaland soon, and I want to get some work done. I am visiting a dentist in Austin, and plan to get a road map to a beautiful smile, then take my xrays and plans to Thailand for the work. We are talking about invisalign, veneers, crowns and implants. Anybody have solid recommendations? Thanks, see you guys.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

10 hours ago, fireplay said:

Hey I just wanted to bump this and see what the current posters think...any advice? I will be back in Lalaland soon, and I want to get some work done. I am visiting a dentist in Austin, and plan to get a road map to a beautiful smile, then take my xrays and plans to Thailand for the work. We are talking about invisalign, veneers, crowns and implants. Anybody have solid recommendations? Thanks, see you guys.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I think you should at least give this small clinic a call, I have had a lot of work done by this doctor and he is great. My dentist is Dr. Pokpong Amornvit, who is located at The S Sathorn Clinic, Soi Suanplu 8, off of Sathorn Road phone 02-287-4922. Very reasonable priced in a pleasant and clean atmosphere. Very good English including the receptionist with parking just a few steps from the clinic entrance if needed. I have been going there for several years and had great results each time. He has done implants and a crown for me, and I know he does the invisalign also. For the prices and quality of work I feel he is one of the best in Bangkok. It sounds like what you want to do will take some time, take that into account if you haven't.

S Sathorn Map.jpg

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

Yes

The implants were 45,000 baht each total for everything including the visits, xrays, titanium implants and zirconia crowns.  Dr Pokpong Amornvit, DDS, MS. studied implants at UCLA in the USA. I believe I remember him saying that the price may be increasing just a little when I was there for just a maintenance cleaning last time. As I said they are very easy to talk to and deal with so give them a call.

11 hours ago, BobTH said:

The S Sathorn Clinic, Soi Suanplu 8, off of Sathorn Road phone 02-287-4922. Very reasonable priced in a pleasant and clean atmosphere. Very good English including the receptionist with parking just a few steps from the clinic entrance if needed.

7 hours ago, BobTH said:

when I was there for just a maintenance cleaning last time.

Bob, will Dr. Amornvit do regular dental cleanings, in addition to all the other various things you mentioned?

One of the gripes I have with one of the biggest, best known dental clinics in BKK is you get sent to "cleaning" only dentists for cleanings.

And every time I've had my cleaning done by them, they're either unable or unwilling to have a broader conversation about what's going on with my mouth and teeth, anythings to watch out for, other procedures that might be on the horizon, etc etc.

When I go for my 6 month or one year cleaning, I also want it to be a general checkup on the state of my mouth and teeth, a discussion of whether any things have changed from the last visit, etc etc... And the cleaning dentists I've run into just simply don't seem to do that.

12 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Bob, will Dr. Amornvit do regular dental cleanings, in addition to all the other various things you mentioned?

I agree with your entire reply. Dr. Amornvit has always done everything for me which has included general cleaning and I have been going there over three years. One of the things I like about him, is his open discussions on your oral health during and after your maintenance cleaning as well as all procedures, and he tells it like it is. I do know that he has one other dentist in the clinic now, I have never used her personally but I would bet since she works in his clinic (He is the owner) she is good, or she wouldn't still be there. I am not sure if she was brought in to take a workload off of him or not. I think if you asked for him to do cleanings and give them enough notice, they would do it though.  He is a younger Doctor, I am not sure of his age but my guess would be in his lower to middle thirties.

Chiang Mai = Elite Dental, I got five Osstem titanium implants and seven zirconia crowns, not fees for x rays and visits, the fee was 46,000 per implant but I think I paid 5,000 baht extra for zirconia. I would NEVER get implants anywhere else, superb work, the guy is as good as they come. I had to wait five weeks for the lower teeth before the caps were done, three months for the upper. 

19 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

One of the gripes I have with one of the biggest, best known dental clinics in BKK is you get sent to "cleaning" only dentists for cleanings.

And every time I've had my cleaning done by them, they're either unable or unwilling to have a broader conversation about what's going on with my mouth and teeth, anythings to watch out for, other procedures that might be on the horizon, etc etc.

When I go for my 6 month or one year cleaning, I also want it to be a general checkup on the state of my mouth and teeth, a discussion of whether any things have changed from the last visit, etc etc... And the cleaning dentists I've run into just simply don't seem to do that.

Most clinics don't have X-ray machines. I suggest getting a X-ray sometimes; learned the hard way about that.

15 hours ago, JSixpack said:

Most clinics don't have X-ray machines. I suggest getting a X-ray sometimes; learned the hard way about that.

Elite dental has the best. It isn't an option that I see, they use it quite often and for me there was never a charge. I had a "free" consultation for implants prior, the place charged me 800 baht for an X ray, anyway, then told me implants weren't the way to go, translation they really can't do them. I got the five implants / 7 zirconia caps from Elite over a year ago, they're absolutely perfect. By the way, you can get zirconia caps, bridges, etc from any government hospital at about half the cost of say Elite. They use X rays and such, don't look so fancy, English is minimal but passable, the morning wait is long, but the clinic here at Sanpatong hospital does a perfectly good job. So, you all didn't know that? Trouble is, they can't do implants, at least not in Sanpatong. Also, my wife is a gov officer, so I pay zero for routine work. That's where I get all my work done except for the implants. Some gov hospitals are too busy, this one is home and they know me there.  

4 hours ago, cusanus said:

Elite dental has the best. It isn't an option that I see, they use it quite often and for me there was never a charge. I had a "free" consultation for implants prior, the place charged me 800 baht for an X ray, anyway, then told me implants weren't the way to go, translation they really can't do them. I got the five implants / 7 zirconia caps from Elite over a year ago, they're absolutely perfect.

That's great!

By the way, you can get zirconia caps, bridges, etc from any government hospital at about half the cost of say Elite. They use X rays and such, don't look so fancy, English is minimal but passable, the morning wait is long, but the clinic here at Sanpatong hospital does a perfectly good job. So, you all didn't know that? Trouble is, they can't do implants, at least not in Sanpatong. Also, my wife is a gov officer, so I pay zero for routine work. That's where I get all my work done except for the implants. Some gov hospitals are too busy, this one is home and they know me there.  

Hey--I'm the original gov't hospital dental work advocate here.

But be advised our Big Spenders here (so many landed gentry, scions of royalty, trust fund babies, etc.) regard that as a Cheap Charlie behavior and will schoolmarm about your burdening Thai public services.

It's great to know that Thailand is getting more and more popular. I'm also amazed by the dentists' level and care and professionalism.  I had mine done by Thantakit Dental. It's a porcelain crown (single implant) with a 5-year warranty. The best part is I was able to save. I paid in cash so I got a 10% discount. 

9 hours ago, mindovermatter said:

It's great to know that Thailand is getting more and more popular. I'm also amazed by the dentists' level and care and professionalism.  I had mine done by Thantakit Dental. It's a porcelain crown (single implant) with a 5-year warranty. The best part is I was able to save. I paid in cash so I got a 10% discount. 

I have had a porcelain crown also in Bangkok at a smile dental office in a mall. normal price about 5800 baht. what is price u paid?

On 3/8/2018 at 10:27 AM, atyclb said:

I have had a porcelain crown also in Bangkok at a smile dental office in a mall. normal price about 5800 baht. what is price u paid?

Elite Smile here in CM will charge 15,000 for a zirconia crown, 10,000 for porcelain/metal mix, I believe, so you did well. The gov hospital is charging me 8,000 for zirconia, 6,000 for porcelain and 4,000 for porcelain/metal, so, yeah, you got a great price though you might have been charged for x-rays and visits. 

Archived