Police suspect arson in Phuket speedboat blaze

snoop1130

Police suspect arson in Phuket speedboat blaze
Kritsada Mueanhawong

post-249866-0-35845300-1461152521_thumb.

PHUKET: -- Police suspect arson may be the motive behind a fire that engulfed five speedboats at Chalong Pier yesterday (story here).

Forensic officers believe the fire started on the middle of the row of boats, quickly spreading to those around it. The boats were removed from the scene for further examination.

“There are two possible scenarios. Either someone set the boats on fire or the flames were caused by a short circuit in the electrical system. As the boat was pulled up onto the sands with the engine turned off, the possibility of it being a short circuit is quite low,” said Chalong Police Superintendent Noppadon Thiraprawat.

Full Story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Police-suspect-arson-Phuket-speedboat-blaze/63724?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-04-20

I wonder if they check insurance documents for any suspicious recent activity?

Or perhaps the boats were not insured.

I wonder if you think Thais are idiots.

No, I do think a proportion of Thais are idiots, as in other countries, and I believe the Royal Thai Police employs an unrepresentative high proportion of those idiots. I also believe they are poorly trained for even the most basic of investigative work and that other agendas often play a role in the investigative process.

Fair enough?

I wonder if you think Thais are geniuses.

No, I do think a proportion of Thais are idiots, as in other countries, and I believe the Royal Thai Police employs an unrepresentative high proportion of those idiots. I also believe they are poorly trained for even the most basic of investigative work and that other agendas often play a role in the investigative process.

Fair enough?

I'm not the one accusing them of not doing the most basic research.

No, not fair.

Fair enough?

They are neither idiots, or intelligent - they are just so corrupt. On that basis, anything is possible here, for a price. Eg. to investigate, or not to investigate.

Fair enough?

I'm not the one accusing them of not doing the most basic research.

No, not fair.

I believe the research they do is that which their superiors specifically instruct them to do. Whether certain avenues of investigation are pursued will depend on the balance of financial and other influences on those superiors. I am not specifically accusing them of anything, just wondering how this investigation will proceed. Call it idle speculation if you like, but not an accusation. i have no evidence one way or another and only experience to draw on.

Fair doesn't really apply to policing and the justice system here.

Archived